Euro-R H22 Manifolds - Page 5 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:44 PM   #101
Rosko
Lude Cray

Rosko will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Rosko
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo24 View Post
could the codes be solved by tuning with a VAFC or does it need ODBI tuning?

No that wouldnt solve your problem. The OBD1 P28 ecus are not looking for the EGR valve or the IAB plate which is why they work the best to tune these setups with.

A VAFC is just going to piggyback a stock ecu, yes it will allow you to tune but the ecu would still be looking for those missing components.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<< Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<< my h23Vtec build

Dealer for: Skunk2, CP Pistons, Carrillo Rods. Check out my vendor forum for the NEW Vibrant H22 header!

Rosko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #102
jimbo24
Ludacious

jimbo24 will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosko View Post
No that wouldnt solve your problem. The OBD1 P28 ecus are not looking for the EGR valve or the IAB plate which is why they work the best to tune these setups with.

A VAFC is just going to piggyback a stock ecu, yes it will allow you to tune but the ecu would still be looking for those missing components.
So from what I can understand, there would be no way to run this manifold with a the stock ODB2 ECU with no CEL's even when purchasing all the additional options?

jimbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 04:02 PM   #103
Rosko
Lude Cray

Quote:
So from what I can understand, there would be no way to run this manifold with a the stock ODB2 ECU with no CEL's even when purchasing all the additional options?
Correct, and why would you want to do that anyways? These are quite a bit different than a stock manifold, instead of the dual stage IAB plate that opens up at a set rpm it is a single stage, one piece manifold. Its airflow charachteristics are different and in order not to damage your motor it needs to be tuned accordingly with the correct ecu. These are sold as race only type manioflds, they are not a 100% stock replacement just bolt on and go. I strongly reccomend tuning these setups!

If you are looking for something that you dont have to tune then consider using one of blacktrax spacers, or modifying a stock manifold while still retaining all of its original functionality. If you change the charachteristics of the airflow/fuel and ignition requirements too much you are risking damage to your motor so be careful if thats the route you want to take.

<< my h23Vtec build

Dealer for: Skunk2, CP Pistons, Carrillo Rods. Check out my vendor forum for the NEW Vibrant H22 header!

Old 10-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #104
jimbo24
Ludacious

jimbo24 will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
Thanks for clearing that up for me, Rosko! I was confused for a while, thinking that it would be a stock replacement.

So what would be the better route then; the Euro-R or the RBC?

Last edited by jimbo24; 10-31-2012 at 04:14 PM.
jimbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #105
Rosko
Lude Cray

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up for me, Rosko! I was confused for a while, thinking that it would be a stock replacement.

So what would be the better route then; the Euro-R or the RBC?
I will always be a Euro-R fan on that one. I've never personally tested the K manifolds, but visually and size wise at best I feel they would only be equal to the Euro-R and they come with a higher price tag by the time you buy the manifold adapter and a K series fuel rail/injectors. The Euro-R is fairly easy to get to work with parts you already have. I dont even offer the K manifolds any longer, interest seemed to die down on them and I needed to focus on other parts.

On a side not I am working on a solution for a stock manifold that will be a bolt on upper plenum, CNC'd and fabbed together. Still a ways off but I've been spending alot of time on that project lately.

<< my h23Vtec build

Old 11-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #106
ogsmakdade
Ludacious

ogsmakdade will become famous soon enoughogsmakdade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ogsmakdade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosko View Post
On a side not I am working on a solution for a stock manifold that will be a bolt on upper plenum, CNC'd and fabbed together. Still a ways off but I've been spending alot of time on that project lately.
I'll be keeping an eye out for progress on this.

And I just thought it was awgs-mac-daid this whole time.

preludecentral.com Home of DEPOG
ogsmakdade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #107
Apex1972
Ludacious

Apex1972 will become famous soon enoughApex1972 will become famous soon enough
Is there any problem with availability on the euro r at this time?
The main motivation to all of us,is to compete for victory.Its not to come 3rd 4th 5th or 6th. I race to win,as long as I feel it is possible. Ayrton Senna 1960-1994 3 time F1 champion powered by Honda. R.I.P.
Apex1972 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #108
Rosko
Lude Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex1972 View Post
Is there any problem with availability on the euro r at this time?
Yeah, I've been waiting on an order since October, should be here soon but all are spoken for already. Another shipment is supposedly coming in several weeks behind that one but who knows. I deffinately cannot get as many as I would like.

<< my h23Vtec build

Old 12-30-2014, 06:36 PM   #109
CyborgGT
Lude Dude

CyborgGT is on a distinguished road
^ Same question, but more up-to-date? I was about to get something else, but it was jumped on before I got paid. Now I'll have all these monies sitting around feeling cold and neglected, lol. Just want to make sure that "back order" notice is looked after.

And, out of pure curiosity and sorry for the brief off topic-ness, those Prelude H2B kits... since 90-93 Accords can use their stock mounts and axles for an H-swap, would that PH2B kit then be directly compatible?

Last edited by CyborgGT; 12-30-2014 at 06:39 PM.
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2014, 07:29 PM   #110
Rosko
Lude Cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
^ Same question, but more up-to-date? I was about to get something else, but it was jumped on before I got paid. Now I'll have all these monies sitting around feeling cold and neglected, lol. Just want to make sure that "back order" notice is looked after.

And, out of pure curiosity and sorry for the brief off topic-ness, those Prelude H2B kits... since 90-93 Accords can use their stock mounts and axles for an H-swap, would that PH2B kit then be directly compatible?
I received 6 in the months shortly after that post and have not been able to get any since. I spoke with Steve spring of 2014 and told him to order 6 more for me, he said 2-3 months and I said OK get them coming. I pass this info on to my customers, some gave money up front and others waited patiently. After about 3 months I had not heard anything yet and gave him a call to find out that nothing had been ordered. I pretty much gave up after that and refunded my customers money or set them up with something else. I'm not sure what the deal is to be honest, but I couldn't keep promising my customers a date knowing that date was going to come and go. Everything about getting these over the past few years has been a struggle and even though my customers have been patient it always (in my eyes) makes me look like a dick. I can't do business like that. I don't want to have to call and check in every week and keep nagging on a company to get me what I need. If you tell me something will be here then make damn sure it is. 1 month always turns into 3-4 and finally I had enough. Sadly there aren't any other companies that import these (at least that I know of), there are a few that advertise them but I think what I figured out is that they just source them from H motors as well.

I still offer the same services if you are able to source your own, and I still produce all the a parts but from here on out I don't expect to ever stock these again.

There are other options though. I've developed an alternative over the past few years and that is the fabbed upper plenum and modified lower. These have proven to be the better option and I highly suggest you check those out if you haven't already.

<< my h23Vtec build

Old 12-30-2014, 07:36 PM   #111
Rosko
Lude Cray

Quote:

And to answer your PH2B question....

I don't know, haha.

This comes up alot, it seems as if there is more interest with doing this to an Accord then there is a Prelude. The kit uses all new mounts that aren't interchangeable with the factory mounts, however the mounting points on the chassis would be the same so that may be a mute point. Axles would probably be the same axles you'd use with an H swap in the Accord and would need modified in the same manner the prelude axle would.

The main difference would be the shifter linkage. A factory linkage thats cables is much more flexible on where its mounted. It could be moved 2 inches forward or 2 inches back and it wouldn't care. The PH2B linkage however is obviously not a cable linkage, it is a solid tube linkage and that means that the distance from the trans to the shifter needs to be the same in your Accord as it is in your Prelude and thats probably not the case, it would be pure luck if it worked out that way. Is that a deal breaker? Probably not, it just means that you'd have to do some fab work on the shifter end of things to A, get the shifter mounted, and B, either extend or shorten the linkage bars.

<< my h23Vtec build

Old 12-30-2014, 07:48 PM   #112
CyborgGT
Lude Dude

Thanks for the reply. I've been looking around and no one, either online dealer or that I've yet seen in related forum classifieds, has a Euro-R available. My big issue is keeping EGR, since we have emissions in Colorado; the bonus was that this manifold is technically OEM so to the untrained eye it looks stock. I had already bought an ITR Professional Products throttle expecting to get a Euro-R. My parts collecting is going to take quite a while still, and I have the patience to wait until one pops up, so I guess I'll do that. Personally, I wonder if these are even manufactured by Honda anymore. I wouldn't have thought so, but then as recent as that couple/few years ago they were still being sold as 'new in box.'

I've been looking at the K manifold swap as well; I've seen an RBC mani in a 5th-gen Accord with a custom rear mount, but a PRB (RSX-S) mani I have looks like it would only need notching of the rear mount bracket. Thought I once saw images of a K mani with an old-style EGR port...

Ah well. Thanks anyway, I'll keep looking...
Old 12-30-2014, 09:45 PM   #113
Rosko
Lude Cray

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I've been looking around and no one, either online dealer or that I've yet seen in related forum classifieds, has a Euro-R available. My big issue is keeping EGR, since we have emissions in Colorado; the bonus was that this manifold is technically OEM so to the untrained eye it looks stock. I had already bought an ITR Professional Products throttle expecting to get a Euro-R. My parts collecting is going to take quite a while still, and I have the patience to wait until one pops up, so I guess I'll do that. Personally, I wonder if these are even manufactured by Honda anymore. I wouldn't have thought so, but then as recent as that couple/few years ago they were still being sold as 'new in box.'

I've been looking at the K manifold swap as well; I've seen an RBC mani in a 5th-gen Accord with a custom rear mount, but a PRB (RSX-S) mani I have looks like it would only need notching of the rear mount bracket. Thought I once saw images of a K mani with an old-style EGR port...

Ah well. Thanks anyway, I'll keep looking...
No problem, I haven't been on here in forever but I saw the notification pop up in my email. I actually thought my vendor forum here was deleted, glad to see its still here haha.

Are you on Facebook? I have 2 customers with for sale listings, checking to see if either are still available now.

<< my h23Vtec build

Old 12-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #114
Rosko
Lude Cray

Here is a link to the FB post where my customer is selling the Euro-R:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8031...5219656504834/

If the link doesn't work leave me an email address or PM it to me and I will try to put you guys in touch.

<< my h23Vtec build

Old 01-06-2015, 04:09 PM   #115
CyborgGT
Lude Dude

Rosko, thank you so very much for sending that seller my way! That goes beyond great customer service, considering the sale wasn't through you.

His manifold was spec'd out exactly as I would have had it done by you, the price was good, and I'll have it on Monday.

Happy New Year!

Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-06-2015 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:40 AM   #116
zangxuma

zangxuma is on a distinguished road

|
|

zangxuma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2016, 12:55 PM   #117
Prelude chik
Lude Dude

Prelude chik is on a distinguished road
You are the prelude god! Love ur work I am so into building my h22! I'm throwing everything I can at it. I wish u still made some of these parts. The prelude is a dying faction but idk!! I love the uniqueness
Prelude chik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2016, 03:54 PM   #118
Mr. Bobby
Getting Comfortable

Mr. Bobby is on a distinguished road
Is it possible to port the Euro R TB from 62MM to 68MM?
Mr. Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2016, 09:35 PM   #119
CyborgGT
Lude Dude

I'm going to say no. A post at this H-T link says the outside diameter of the Euro-R throttle body is 67mm:

http://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-p...y-size-978749/

I got a 68mm Professional Products (DC2 ITR) throttle for mine. Bolts up perfect, everything lines up. Plus, it sounds common for billet throttles to stick, whereas the PP is cast like OEM.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...g&autoview=SKU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude chik View Post
I am so into building my h22! I'm throwing everything I can at it. I wish u still made some of these parts. The prelude is a dying faction but idk!! I love the uniqueness
I'm right there with you. Stock for stock, the last three generations of Prelude look better than any Civic or Integra (including the RSX). It's a shame that the massive aftermarket advantage those cars gained over the Accord/Prelude was probably all down to the cheapness of buying a Civic.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-13-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:01 AM   #120
Mr. Bobby
Getting Comfortable

Quote:
I'm going to say no. A post at this H-T link says the outside diameter of the Euro-R throttle body is 67mm:

http://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-p...y-size-978749/

I got a 68mm Professional Products (DC2 ITR) throttle for mine. Bolts up perfect, everything lines up. Plus, it sounds common for billet throttles to stick, whereas the PP is cast like OEM.

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...g&autoview=SKU

I'm right there with you. Stock for stock, the last three generations of Prelude look better than any Civic or Integra (including the RSX). It's a shame that the massive aftermarket advantage those cars gained over the Accord/Prelude was probably all down to the cheapness of buying a Civic.
You're a life saver! I went to Professional Products website and they were all out of the Cast Aluminum ITR TB all they had left was the billet. It would take 6-8 months for it to come in and the link you shared showed Summit Racing have them in stock!
Old 10-14-2016, 08:02 AM   #121
Mr. Bobby
Getting Comfortable

NVM I tried to order one and it said:

The part PFS-69607 currently has 0 in stock and 1 that will be special ordered for you. Tentative pickup date: 12/5/2016 if your order is placed today.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:20 PM   #122
CyborgGT
Lude Dude

Professional Products and Omni Power are the two brands I've heard good things about for using with the Euro-R. They may even be made by the same company. My manifold actually came with an Omni (the casting looked identical), but I already purchased the PP, so I sold it. But it sounds like at least DC2 ITR, USDM H22A, and S2000 throttle bodies are all compatible, so that broadens your options for finding a good 68mm throttle body. I've heard a lot of stories about Skunk2s sticking, though, so personally I'd steer clear of them. Definitely Google reviews of whatever brand you come across.

Some TBs just may not come with any sort of idle adjust, and that might require a tune to run properly. And be careful of those that have a 68mm inlet, but taper down to 62mm or whatever the case may be for where they meet up with the manifold.

*ED. - According to Skunk2, these throttles are all interchangeable so long as you get the correct bore size for your application:

1990 - 2001 Acura Integra (GS, LS)
1992 - 2001 Acura Integra (GS-R)
1997 - 2001 Acura Integra (Type R)
1990 - 1999 Acura Integra (RS)
1990 - 1997 Honda Accord (DX, EX, LX)
1991 - 1993 Honda Accord (SE)
1999 - 2000 Honda Civic Coupe (Si)
1994 - 1997 Honda del Sol (VTEC)
1997 - 2001 Honda Prelude (Base, Type SH)
1992 - 1996 Honda Prelude (S, Si)
1993 - 1996 Honda Prelude (Si VTEC)
1992 - 1994 Honda Prelude (Si 4WS)
2000 - 2005 Honda S2000 (Base)

Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-14-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:59 PM   #123
Mr. Bobby
Getting Comfortable

Quote:
Professional Products and Omni Power are the two brands I've heard good things about for using with the Euro-R. They may even be made by the same company. My manifold actually came with an Omni (the casting looked identical), but I already purchased the PP, so I sold it. But it sounds like at least DC2 ITR, USDM H22A, and S2000 throttle bodies are all compatible, so that broadens your options for finding a good 68mm throttle body. I've heard a lot of stories about Skunk2s sticking, though, so personally I'd steer clear of them. Definitely Google reviews of whatever brand you come across.

Some TBs just may not come with any sort of idle adjust, and that might require a tune to run properly. And be careful of those that have a 68mm inlet, but taper down to 62mm or whatever the case may be for where they meet up with the manifold.

*ED. - According to Skunk2, these throttles are all interchangeable so long as you get the correct bore size for your application:

1990 - 2001 Acura Integra (GS, LS)
1992 - 2001 Acura Integra (GS-R)
1997 - 2001 Acura Integra (Type R)
1990 - 1999 Acura Integra (RS)
1990 - 1997 Honda Accord (DX, EX, LX)
1991 - 1993 Honda Accord (SE)
1999 - 2000 Honda Civic Coupe (Si)
1994 - 1997 Honda del Sol (VTEC)
1997 - 2001 Honda Prelude (Base, Type SH)
1992 - 1996 Honda Prelude (S, Si)
1993 - 1996 Honda Prelude (Si VTEC)
1992 - 1994 Honda Prelude (Si 4WS)
2000 - 2005 Honda S2000 (Base)
GSR and ITR TB's are different, GSR has a spot for the Fast Idle Valve on the TB, ITR does not...

Does anyone know how to get ahold of Rosko Racing. I sent them PM on this site and an email and no response?
Old 10-14-2016, 05:45 PM   #124
Prelude chik
Lude Dude

Prelude chik is on a distinguished road
https://m.facebook.com/RoskoRacing/

Check him out on fb. He still seems active in the h22 community.
Prelude chik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2016, 06:19 PM   #125
Mr. Bobby
Getting Comfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude chik View Post
https://m.facebook.com/RoskoRacing/

Check him out on fb. He still seems active in the h22 community.
I don't have a facebook account
Sponsored Links
Advertisement