RomPirate’s 5spd Swap Resource Thread - Page 3 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:21 PM   #51
RomPirate
Lude Boss

RomPirate is a jewel in the roughRomPirate is a jewel in the roughRomPirate is a jewel in the rough
I am bumping this thread because I have found differences in the brake pedals between 4th gen and 5th gen. In short: you can use a 4th gen's if you drill a hole for the top bolt.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RomPirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #52
nordic97mist
Banned

nordic97mist is just really nicenordic97mist is just really nicenordic97mist is just really nicenordic97mist is just really nice
this should be stickied
nordic97mist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #53
kg-prime90

kg-prime90 is on a distinguished road
^x1000

One of the most worthy posts in this forum, the most worthy if you own an SS auto
kg-prime90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #54
Kronn 98SH
Prelude Aficionado

Kronn 98SH is a glorious beacon of lightKronn 98SH is a glorious beacon of lightKronn 98SH is a glorious beacon of lightKronn 98SH is a glorious beacon of lightKronn 98SH is a glorious beacon of lightKronn 98SH is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Kronn 98SH Send a message via Yahoo to Kronn 98SH
Nah, this thread sucks.

Sissy-Stick FTW!

2006 CRF150F - sold
2006 YZ250F - sold
2006 S2000 (Laguna Blue Pearl) - purchased bone stock on 6/16/12
Kronn 98SH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #55
Pre1ude92
Lude Addict

Pre1ude92 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Pre1ude92 Send a message via Yahoo to Pre1ude92
Do you think having the tranny stored for a while would affect its life? My dad posed this question as i have my tranny under a roof but uncovered and exposed to humidity, climate change and what not. I am considering getting it inspected to ensure eveything is right if it's not too much.

My build threads:
Memorial to my 1st Honda

92 S Restoration/Upgrade

H23Vtec Moneypit

Pre1ude92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 08:55 PM   #56
pv97lude
True Luder

pv97lude will become famous soon enough
question, i used this thread for my car awhile ago for my 5 speed swap, an well my cruise control still doesnt work lol, ideas?

Feel free to check out the new look!!
pv97lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 09:15 PM   #57
osidelude
True Luder

osidelude is on a distinguished road
delete your cruise control. i never used it so i deleted it.
osidelude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 09:19 PM   #58
H22BB6
Lude Addict

H22BB6 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre1ude92 View Post
Do you think having the tranny stored for a while would affect its life? My dad posed this question as i have my tranny under a roof but uncovered and exposed to humidity, climate change and what not. I am considering getting it inspected to ensure eveything is right if it's not too much.
I don't see how it would cause when its in the car it's still exposed to humidity and climate change and it's only covered by the hood. But as long as you change the tranny fluid you should be straight.
BB Squad member #38 (v.2)

J swap prelude soon
H2B full blown race car Crx 11.6 @ 117 215whp stock block k killer
Reason why I've disappeared ^
H22BB6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #59
pv97lude
True Luder

pv97lude will become famous soon enough
is there a thread or anything for deleting it? i never use it anyways on any car, drove all the way to Tennessee and back but it was annoying not to have it

Feel free to check out the new look!!
pv97lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #60
CTLude

CTLude will become famous soon enough
I have all my parts and about to do this project as soon as I get some free time. I already have the brake and clutch pedals and master cylinder and tranny lines installed. I've been doing things little by little while still driving it as an auto. I found LOTS of useful information in this thread and I give mad props to RomPirate for putting this together. I will be visiting this thread quite frequently while I do my swap.

One question, can I go ahead and do my ECU conversion now and put it in and still drive it as an auto for a little bit. Will the idle and everything be good. I'm sure the CEL will come on and that is fine. But will it still work ok?
CTLude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #61
xxfallacyxx
Bearderator

xxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud of
No, I think it'll drive in limp mode.

The ECU conversion tells the ECU it's a manual and doesn't need to talk to the automatic transmission anymore.

In all though, the conversion takes less than half an hour if you've soldered before, so best leave that for after you get the manual transmission in there.

J.L.D.E.P.P.M.S.3.C.N.Y.C.N.C.M.A.D
xxfallacyxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #62
mikeschmeee
Ludacious

mikeschmeee has a spectacular aura aboutmikeschmeee has a spectacular aura about
I did my 5speed swap a long time ago now and everything is still great! I love it and glad I did it although I have one concern. It's probably because I did this wrong or something but not 100% sure maybe you guys can help me out.

Is there anyway on aligning the clutch pedal with the other two pedals? Mine sticks so far out I have to move my whole leg instead of just my foot. After a while my lower back starts to hurt from pushing the pedal in with my whole leg. When the pedal is pushed in my leg is completely stretched out.

If I sit a bit closer it helps a bit but not that much as I'm still using my whole leg to push the pedal in.

Take a look:

I only have about an inch of play if not less. If I adjust the pedal to be pushed in a bit more my clutch disc will start to slip and or not disengage properly.

Does anyone else have a clutch pedal like this? Would love to hear if you guys did something to fix it, if there is a way other then buying a 5speed Prelude instead of a swap Is the firewall from a automatic and 5speed different?

Thanks in advance
Mike

Last edited by mikeschmeee; 04-30-2011 at 02:43 PM.
mikeschmeee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #63
nordicBBsex
Sky's out, thighs out

nordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to behold
Did you add spacers behind the pedal?

- SOLD
2016 Honda CBR600rr -

2016 Ford Fiesta SE -

nordicBBsex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 03:26 PM   #64
RomPirate
Lude Boss

RomPirate is a jewel in the roughRomPirate is a jewel in the roughRomPirate is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicBBsex View Post
Did you add spacers behind the pedal?

Good point. If you did, I would adjust the connection between the master cylinder and the pedal so that the end of the master cylinder rod is just about touching the back of the pedal arm. If it is touching, you can cut the rod a bit and repeat the process. This will make the pedal go down a bit.

Also, is the clutch pedal mounted flush with the wall? (or spacers?) There should be the same amount of spacers on top and bottom, maybe there are more spacers on the bottom?

RomPirate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #65
psud3ity
Administrator

psud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to allpsud3ity is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by pv97lude View Post
is there a thread or anything for deleting it? i never use it anyways on any car, drove all the way to Tennessee and back but it was annoying not to have it
I've got both options covered.

#1. To delete it there are literally two bolts, both 10mm. One against the firewall that you will see obviously, after that, tug on the cruise control and you'll notice the lower part of the bracket near the shock tower. You then have to follow the cable that connects to your gas pedal back to the firewall, twist the grommet (look up under the dash and you'll understand how it works, it's got little tabs that only fit through the hole one way. Pop that out and disconnect it from the pedal. I just took mine out the other day and it makes a huge diffrence in how the bay looks.

#2. To make it work: http://www.absoluteprelude.com/5thgentrannyswap.html Bottom of the page discusses auto cruise control and how to modify it to work on your swapped lude.

+rep if i helped!

391HP @ 12psi - Soon to be 650HP
psud3ity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2011, 05:36 PM   #66
mikeschmeee
Ludacious

mikeschmeee has a spectacular aura aboutmikeschmeee has a spectacular aura about
Yes, spacers are added on all four bolts. I guess you don't remember our chat through PM RomPirate, heh.

Like I said I only have about less then an inch of play before the pedal starts to disengage the clutch disc.
I have the exact correct amount of spacers between the clutch pedal and firewall. From what I understand, if I cut the master cylinder rod so it allows the clutch pedal to sit lower, the clutch disc won't disengage properly and will probably start to slip as well.

mikeschmeee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #67
dre2day
Getting Comfortable

dre2day is on a distinguished road
Did you ever get that pedal fixed? Was it pulled from a salvaged car or somthing?

Fidanza 8LB Flywheel
Exedy Clutch & Pressure Plate
Synchrotech Carbon Synchros
AEM CAI
TSUDO Cat Back Exhaust

dre2day is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #68
nicsta09
Getting Comfortable

nicsta09 is on a distinguished road
NEED HELP! in the wiring stage of my swap, did exactly what was said in the write up, the reverse lights turn on when in reverse but still wont start. i still have the auto gauge cluster and on the gear select lights, 4th gear is constantly flashing even when put into reverse.

Does anyone know what;s going on?

other than that, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE WRITE UP! saved me a shit ton of cash being able to do it myself.... well up to the wiring... i hate wiring lol
nicsta09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #69
nordicBBsex
Sky's out, thighs out

nordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to behold
Did you wire up the starter cutoff? (correctly)

- SOLD
2016 Honda CBR600rr -

2016 Ford Fiesta SE -

Old 06-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #70
nicsta09
Getting Comfortable

I'm pretty sure, i cut the light blue wire and i cut the harness connection off the donner car so i just wired one end of the light blue wire to each of the wires on the switch.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 PM   #71
nordicBBsex
Sky's out, thighs out

When you push the clutch pedal in to start the car are you engaging the switch? (pushing all the way down)

- SOLD
2016 Honda CBR600rr -

2016 Ford Fiesta SE -

Old 06-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #72
nicsta09
Getting Comfortable

Yes, i actually even took the switch off the pedal and pushed it in like an eject-o seat-o button while trying to start it, still nothing... :/
would that have the gauge cluster flash the 4th gear though? i figured it was something in the shifter select harness area, not the cut off switch.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #73
nordicBBsex
Sky's out, thighs out

No, that wouldn't. I honestly forgot what causes the flashing light thing. Look for fallacy's ecu mod thread or he can come in here and answer your questions. Sorry I can't help, I did the the swap a year ago and have a terrible memory for things that don't actually pertain to me. lol

- SOLD
2016 Honda CBR600rr -

2016 Ford Fiesta SE -

Last edited by nordicBBsex; 06-20-2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #74
nicsta09
Getting Comfortable

lol well thanks for trouble shooting with me, ill have to take another look at it tomorrow, ran out of daylight.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:49 PM   #75
catacon
Ludimus Catacus

catacon is a jewel in the roughcatacon is a jewel in the roughcatacon is a jewel in the roughcatacon is a jewel in the rough

I believe the flashing D4 is caused by using an unmodded auto ECU.
catacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement