..::: 5th Gen Newbie - Q&A Thread :::.. (New Members, PLEASE CLICK HERE) - Page 200 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2016, 04:39 PM   #4976
Hondaboy9014
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
Hondaboy9014 is on a distinguished road
Have a 97 base prelude was an automatic car converted to 5 speed I modified the auto Ecu To run the car. I bought a p5m -a02 and had the doctronics immobilizer chip installed but can not get car to start. It cranks just won't start. Not sure if my car being a California car makes a difference Ecu currently in car is a p5m-l52 any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hondaboy9014 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-18-2016, 07:46 PM   #4977
bloodSHed
'01 Milano Red - BB615
 
bloodSHed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Washington
Age: 26
Posts: 977
bloodSHed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaboy9014 View Post
Have a 97 base prelude was an automatic car converted to 5 speed I modified the auto Ecu To run the car. I bought a p5m -a02 and had the doctronics immobilizer chip installed but can not get car to start. It cranks just won't start. Not sure if my car being a California car makes a difference Ecu currently in car is a p5m-l52 any help would be greatly appreciated.
You need the transponder key and immobilizer module that go to that ECU.
__________________
2001 Prelude Type SH w/ H23A VTEC & T2W4 Tranny: Bought on 12/16/2011
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution: Bought on 2/17/2015


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Thread -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AEM - BP Initiatives - Cometic Gasket - Enkei Racing - Hondata
Hybrid Racing - Innovative Mounts - JTC Customs - KAIZENSPEED - Ksport
Mishimoto - NEUSPEED - SpeedFactory - ST Suspensions - Vibrant Performance
bloodSHed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2016, 10:17 PM   #4978
Hondaboy9014
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
Hondaboy9014 is on a distinguished road
Is there any other way around that cause I bought the Ecu used and that stuff was not included.
Hondaboy9014 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2016, 07:16 PM   #4979
bloodSHed
'01 Milano Red - BB615
 
bloodSHed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Washington
Age: 26
Posts: 977
bloodSHed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaboy9014 View Post
Is there any other way around that cause I bought the Ecu used and that stuff was not included.
There is one way that I know of, but nobody is going to openly discuss how to bypass the immobilizer (for security reasons).
__________________
2001 Prelude Type SH w/ H23A VTEC & T2W4 Tranny: Bought on 12/16/2011
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution: Bought on 2/17/2015


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Thread -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AEM - BP Initiatives - Cometic Gasket - Enkei Racing - Hondata
Hybrid Racing - Innovative Mounts - JTC Customs - KAIZENSPEED - Ksport
Mishimoto - NEUSPEED - SpeedFactory - ST Suspensions - Vibrant Performance
bloodSHed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2016, 02:37 AM   #4980
Jamtb63
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
Jamtb63 is on a distinguished road
I'm a prelude and car newbie and was wondering if I can put a 96 muffler on a 98 prelude or would it not line up with the exhaust pipe. (I left some pictures if it makes it any easier)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1472459712433.jpg (15.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image_1472459828696.jpg (14.4 KB, 0 views)
Jamtb63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2016, 08:31 PM   #4981
Wing8806
Faptastic
Curveball Champion, Alien Clones Champion
 
Wing8806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,977
Wing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamtb63 View Post
I'm a prelude and car newbie and was wondering if I can put a 96 muffler on a 98 prelude or would it not line up with the exhaust pipe. (I left some pictures if it makes it any easier)
I've read about some owners making it somehow work with complete catback systems. But it all depends on the rest of the exhaust in your case. Mock it up and see if you have it already.
__________________
2001 Prelude - Project
2008 Mugen Si - Daily
Do not trust Kane666 aka Jason Myers.
Wing8806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2016, 04:01 AM   #4982
Jamtb63
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2
Jamtb63 is on a distinguished road
Is there any other model cars exhaust that can fit a stock 98 base?
Jamtb63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2016, 11:19 PM   #4983
royalace
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1
royalace is on a distinguished road
Exhaust systems

I currently have a stock exhaust systems and want to change to one of the aftermarket exhaust. I've looked online for some exhaust sounds that I like. So far the only exhaust systems I like for its look and sound are Vibrant streetpower oval muffler, the Espalier, and the Decat with a Kteller stainless mandrake piping. I am open for any other suggestion brands. Bottom line I'm looking for an exhaust that has a crisp sound, moderately loud, good performace and look, no bubbling sounds or fart can sounds.
royalace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2016, 10:54 AM   #4984
Blackfishswims
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1
Blackfishswims is on a distinguished road
New to ludes with solid base here,

Lucked out and found a well maintained 01 canadian sh, no issues or problems at all.
I actually learned to drive stick with it and now im getting around just fine. Keeping the fluids and basic maintenance taken care of. My older brother has a 99 that that hes poured his heart and soul into since i was a kid. I promised to own my own one day, since hes my biggest role model.

Now with all that said, i want to plan each mod and skip trial and error and bad ebay parts and such. Id like to widen my wheel track with wider tires to make them flush with the sides of the car. Can someone reccomend a basic wide track setup for a daily? Im new to this but i know i want a wider stance, so whatever that includes spacers or new studs or other parts. I need help because some say i dont need a camber kit if the offsets a certain measurement and some say i need it no matter what.

Thanks!
Blackfishswims is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2016, 11:58 AM   #4985
Tyrion
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 6
Tyrion is on a distinguished road
Hi everybody!,
I recently registered on this site after I bought my 5th Gen 2000 base model Prelude. It's going to be my commuter car and my 16 yr old son's first car .
I'm thankful I found this site cause my son and I found good instructions and was able to replace the slave and master clutch cylinder after I discovered it was leaking. Its a pain in the butt but we got it done Lots of good info and how-tos on this site.

I have a laundry list of things to do on this car, and I've already found good how-tos on it. Some of the things I want to do soon:
- Replace o-ring gasket on oil cooler, and maybe replace the oil pressure switch too. I have lots of leak in that area of the engine.
- Replace and clean VTEC solenoid gasket and screen.
- Replace engine mounts
- Clean throttle body
Tyrion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2016, 08:44 PM   #4986
Wing8806
Faptastic
Curveball Champion, Alien Clones Champion
 
Wing8806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,977
Wing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamtb63 View Post
Is there any other model cars exhaust that can fit a stock 98 base?
I've read that a 4th gen may fit with modification. But none that are direct fit that i'm aware of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalace View Post
I currently have a stock exhaust systems and want to change to one of the aftermarket exhaust. I've looked online for some exhaust sounds that I like. So far the only exhaust systems I like for its look and sound are Vibrant streetpower oval muffler, the Espalier, and the Decat with a Kteller stainless mandrake piping. I am open for any other suggestion brands. Bottom line I'm looking for an exhaust that has a crisp sound, moderately loud, good performace and look, no bubbling sounds or fart can sounds.
Go with a pre made you like, or spend money on a custom one and trial/error your way to a good sounding setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfishswims View Post
New to ludes with solid base here,

Lucked out and found a well maintained 01 canadian sh, no issues or problems at all.
I actually learned to drive stick with it and now im getting around just fine. Keeping the fluids and basic maintenance taken care of. My older brother has a 99 that that hes poured his heart and soul into since i was a kid. I promised to own my own one day, since hes my biggest role model.

Now with all that said, i want to plan each mod and skip trial and error and bad ebay parts and such. Id like to widen my wheel track with wider tires to make them flush with the sides of the car. Can someone reccomend a basic wide track setup for a daily? Im new to this but i know i want a wider stance, so whatever that includes spacers or new studs or other parts. I need help because some say i dont need a camber kit if the offsets a certain measurement and some say i need it no matter what.

Thanks!
I would check out the low offset thread, they will point you in the right direction.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion View Post
Hi everybody!,
I recently registered on this site after I bought my 5th Gen 2000 base model Prelude. It's going to be my commuter car and my 16 yr old son's first car .
I'm thankful I found this site cause my son and I found good instructions and was able to replace the slave and master clutch cylinder after I discovered it was leaking. Its a pain in the butt but we got it done Lots of good info and how-tos on this site.

I have a laundry list of things to do on this car, and I've already found good how-tos on it. Some of the things I want to do soon:
- Replace o-ring gasket on oil cooler, and maybe replace the oil pressure switch too. I have lots of leak in that area of the engine.
- Replace and clean VTEC solenoid gasket and screen.
- Replace engine mounts
- Clean throttle body
All pretty simple things, mounts being the most difficult. You'll do just fine.





Welcome all!
__________________
2001 Prelude - Project
2008 Mugen Si - Daily
Do not trust Kane666 aka Jason Myers.
Wing8806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2016, 07:28 PM   #4987
DOzOne
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 5
DOzOne is on a distinguished road
Hello, how goes it....
So I bought a 5th gen base model about a couple of weeks ago. The guy told me the bearing was bad on the front driver side. Well, I've changed the whole hub assembly, and I'm still getting that "wub wub wub wub" noise coming from that wheel. Granted, it may be that the bearing wasn't pressed in at a machine shop. I also changed the cv axle on that side. One of my thoughts is that the tire has been worn unevenly. I'm going to change the tire with the one in the back or maybe the other front side to see if the sound comes from a different location. My question is, could it be anything else other than the tires? I just want to be prepared and know how much work I'm going to have to put into it to get the noise to go away. Any suggestion?
DOzOne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2016, 08:16 PM   #4988
bloodSHed
'01 Milano Red - BB615
 
bloodSHed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Washington
Age: 26
Posts: 977
bloodSHed will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOzOne View Post
Hello, how goes it....
So I bought a 5th gen base model about a couple of weeks ago. The guy told me the bearing was bad on the front driver side. Well, I've changed the whole hub assembly, and I'm still getting that "wub wub wub wub" noise coming from that wheel. Granted, it may be that the bearing wasn't pressed in at a machine shop. I also changed the cv axle on that side. One of my thoughts is that the tire has been worn unevenly. I'm going to change the tire with the one in the back or maybe the other front side to see if the sound comes from a different location. My question is, could it be anything else other than the tires? I just want to be prepared and know how much work I'm going to have to put into it to get the noise to go away. Any suggestion?
Swap it with another. The wheel could be bent.
__________________
2001 Prelude Type SH w/ H23A VTEC & T2W4 Tranny: Bought on 12/16/2011
2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution: Bought on 2/17/2015


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build Thread -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AEM - BP Initiatives - Cometic Gasket - Enkei Racing - Hondata
Hybrid Racing - Innovative Mounts - JTC Customs - KAIZENSPEED - Ksport
Mishimoto - NEUSPEED - SpeedFactory - ST Suspensions - Vibrant Performance
bloodSHed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2016, 09:42 AM   #4989
DawsNos
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6
DawsNos is on a distinguished road
Automatic start

So I have a 98 prelude and I was wondering if anyone knows what the best automatic starter would be for my car or even if I can get one since it's a manual
DawsNos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2016, 12:08 PM   #4990
Roxy,Precilla
Newbie
 
Roxy,Precilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Newberg, oregon
Posts: 1
Roxy,Precilla is on a distinguished road
Question catalitic converter

Hello everyone i am a newbie I have a 99 prelude her name is Precilla I just bought a new cat. for her and I'm putting it on today any thing i should know.
Roxy,Precilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #4991
Wing8806
Faptastic
Curveball Champion, Alien Clones Champion
 
Wing8806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,977
Wing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawsNos View Post
So I have a 98 prelude and I was wondering if anyone knows what the best automatic starter would be for my car or even if I can get one since it's a manual

Automatic starter as in remote start? Viper is always a good go-to for alarms and remote start. Being a manual and all, it's not ideal since you can start the car in gear and if parked closely to another car or say building, it can jump into it before stalling.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy,Precilla View Post
Hello everyone i am a newbie I have a 99 prelude her name is Precilla I just bought a new cat. for her and I'm putting it on today any thing i should know.

Have plenty of PB blaster on hand, a lot of patience, and new gaskets. New hardware wouldn't hurt either.
__________________
2001 Prelude - Project
2008 Mugen Si - Daily
Do not trust Kane666 aka Jason Myers.
Wing8806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2016, 08:29 AM   #4992
EddieLude
Getting Comfortable
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 20
EddieLude is on a distinguished road
Hi guys,

Have been slowly reading my way through this thread - some excellent replies, thanks!

I don't really have a question I suppose, just wanted to comment!

I've got a 1999 Prelude H22a MT, had it for coming up to two years now and loving it.
So far I haven't done very much:
a) Oil and gearbox oil change x2
b) Spark plugs
c) Replace driver side window motor
d) Installed complete Mugen exhaust system
e) Replace timing belt
f) Replace a hose/tube that split
g) Painted two bumpers

My next projects are:
1) Clean the exhaust system. Stupidly didn't clean it before installing and now I'm trying desperately to find a way to clean it without removing it (manifold really). I've did a demo run on the original manifold, and it came up really nice using WD40 and steel wool. Slightly concerned that on the Mugen the steel wool will scratch more, what do you think?
2) Install JDM foglights. Have the foglights and switch already, just need bulbs, one boot and wiring harness.
3) Clean the engine bay until I can eat breakfast off it.
4) Possibly replace the exterior seals that run around the windows - the side seals in particular are looking a bit worn.
5) Find a cover and cover up the lude!
6) Fix or replace my original honda draught/rain shields (sorry, I always forget what they are called) for the two front windows (one of the clips on the drivers side is busted and the rubber flips out when travelling at speed)..

And I think that's it.... actually, you know what.. one more thing - recaro red seats.... if I could work out where to store the current seats.

Anyway, feel free to comment if you like! Otherwise - carry on posting (I'll be reading!)!

Thanks!

Eddie

Last edited by EddieLude; 10-24-2016 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Sorry - realised I did ask a question!
EddieLude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2016, 09:03 PM   #4993
Wing8806
Faptastic
Curveball Champion, Alien Clones Champion
 
Wing8806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,977
Wing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to all
You should simply start a build thread to keep us updated
__________________
2001 Prelude - Project
2008 Mugen Si - Daily
Do not trust Kane666 aka Jason Myers.
Wing8806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2016, 05:31 AM   #4994
EddieLude
Getting Comfortable
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 20
EddieLude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing8806 View Post
You should simply start a build thread to keep us updated
That's true, although it is my daily driver at the same time!!
EddieLude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2016, 07:45 AM   #4995
DawsNos
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6
DawsNos is on a distinguished road
Ok so I have 2 12" kicker subs in the trunk of my prelude does anyone know if there is a rubber stopper or anything I can put in the trunk to keep it from rattling?
DawsNos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2016, 04:49 PM   #4996
Wing8806
Faptastic
Curveball Champion, Alien Clones Champion
 
Wing8806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,977
Wing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawsNos View Post
Ok so I have 2 12" kicker subs in the trunk of my prelude does anyone know if there is a rubber stopper or anything I can put in the trunk to keep it from rattling?
The rattling you hear is going to be either the trunk tension bars or the license plate. If it's the bars - wrap them in rubber tape and hope for the best. If it's the license plate - install some rubber tape behind it or even double side the back of the plate to the frame if you really want to nip the rattle once and for all.
__________________
2001 Prelude - Project
2008 Mugen Si - Daily
Do not trust Kane666 aka Jason Myers.
Wing8806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2016, 07:01 PM   #4997
Prelude chik
Lude Dude
 
Prelude chik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 110
Prelude chik is on a distinguished road
Yes or put bubble wrap behind the plate n make sure the rear bumper cover is secure n tight. But I tell you I've had beats in cars that were extreme
And they will rattle your car to death! If you care about this car at all then take the sub's out n your car will thank you!
Prelude chik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2016, 11:23 AM   #4998
Soccer1418
Getting Comfortable
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: albany,ny,usa
Posts: 37
Soccer1418 is on a distinguished road
Can you import a type s or sir into the USA yet?
Soccer1418 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2016, 08:59 PM   #4999
Wing8806
Faptastic
Curveball Champion, Alien Clones Champion
 
Wing8806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,977
Wing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer1418 View Post
Can you import a type s or sir into the USA yet?
Sure, you've always been able to.


Having it registered and road legal on the other hand, depends on your exact location and what loopholes are available to you.
__________________
2001 Prelude - Project
2008 Mugen Si - Daily
Do not trust Kane666 aka Jason Myers.
Wing8806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2016, 12:54 PM   #5000
L0B5TA
I lub Denny one tiem
 
L0B5TA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NY, Queens
Age: 30
Posts: 2,091
L0B5TA has a spectacular aura aboutL0B5TA has a spectacular aura about
is prelude an instrument?


__________________
J.L.D.E.P.P.M.S.3.C.N.Y.C.N.V.M.A.D



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L0B5TA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2000 base, 5th gen, atts, base, bb6, clutch, clutch replacement, computer, door, e brake, electrical problem, engine, exhaust, h22a swap, headlights, highbeams, injectors, limp mode, lock, loop, manual, obx, piping, prelude, rev limiter, seats, switch, transmission, twin, type s

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
Type the last 3 characters on the Prelude license plate displayed at the top left of the page: FSV _ _ _
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011, Preludepower.com
PreludePower Forums