You Know You Own a 3rd Gen If... - Page 31 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-05-2014, 03:10 AM   #751
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdludecr View Post
You have to close Your door twice cuz the first time it didn't close properly
That's not a sign you own a 3G at all, it's just a sign that you own any older car. I've never had that problem on 15 or so 3Gs.

Quote:
(2ws) you pretend your lude has 4ws Bt then snap out of your wet dream cuz you realize you're going on the turn to fast...lol
You need to have your wet dreams about other things... 4WS won't save you if you;re going too fast.

Quote:
You always catch ppl staring at your car everything you go to pump gas
My Amurican mrs noticed this in both the US and UK when we're in the Lude.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
88SE Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 06:44 AM   #752
TripleLude
Prelude Aficionado

TripleLude has a spectacular aura aboutTripleLude has a spectacular aura about
Kids in their low-teens stare at your car like you would have stared at a 1955 Chevy when you were their age.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
|
|
TripleLude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #753
Ludeman84
Getting Comfortable

Ludeman84 is on a distinguished road
Clever and True

Almost all of these are true.....I have owned a few ludes in my day....I still own a lude.......I would give up a girlfriend for one......I spent more time with my car than my girlfriend....haha......This thread just brightened my day.
Ludeman84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2015, 10:01 AM   #754
Ludedude111
Getting Comfortable

Ludedude111 is on a distinguished road
when you have a third gen
Ludedude111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2015, 11:00 AM   #755
Ludercrs
Prelude Aficionado

Ludercrs will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludedude111 View Post
when you have a third gen
^ best one ever... >_>

Ludercrs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2015, 11:59 AM   #756
3g_crazy
Lude Dude

3g_crazy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SE Lude View Post
That's not a sign you own a 3G at all, it's just a sign that you own any older car. I've never had that problem on 15 or so 3Gs.
I believe he meant that the seat belt gets stuck in the door jams so it's not closed properly. I get it but he just used the wrong choice of words.
3g_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2015, 12:26 PM   #757
luzer
Elite Member

luzer has a spectacular aura aboutluzer has a spectacular aura aboutluzer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3g_crazy View Post
I believe he meant that the seat belt gets stuck in the door jams so it's not closed properly. I get it but he just used the wrong choice of words.
It would have been better stated if he had said "you have to make sure the seatbelt retracts all the way every time you exit the car". But this would mainly apply to US models since we're the only ones who were unfortunate enough to have the seatbelts mounted in the doors.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:37 PM   #758
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
Thank you Mike.

I can only respond to what people type, I'm not a mind-reader so don't guess what people may or may not have meant.
And I don't think for one second he meant because of the seatbelt anyway.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
Old 04-07-2015, 09:33 PM   #759
3g_crazy
Lude Dude

3g_crazy is on a distinguished road
You know you own a 3rd gen if you think it looks good in motion. Even on top of a tow truck.

3g_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2015, 10:06 PM   #760
heythisiserik
Lude Addict

heythisiserik is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to heythisiserik
...when you have "sports/sporty" cars accelerate hard or ricer flyby you when youre out for a drive... even rev their engine at you lol
heythisiserik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2015, 10:13 PM   #761
unlimitedbacon
Getting Comfortable

unlimitedbacon is on a distinguished road
You get excited when you think you see another Prelude but are disappointed when it turns out to be a Ferrari.
unlimitedbacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2015, 11:42 PM   #762
cudaboy
Elite Member

cudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internet
Send a message via Yahoo to cudaboy

I actually used to have the usdm door closing problem due to seat belt. I got my seat belt replaced for free at the dealer. No more problems. But it did damage the corner of the back of the interior door panel where the buckle was. Fortunately I bought 90-91 si interior door panels years ago that were mint from somebody onhere. I haven't changed them out yet. I had an idea I want to do for lighting on them first.

'91 Si 4ws 5spd(black) "Black Betty"
'70 'Cuda 340 C.I.D. Alpine White, Black Vynil Top, Leather Interior, Rim Blow, Overhead Consolette. Factory Posi 3.55:1, 15" ralleyes, --Fully Loaded and Extremely Rare!

cudaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2015, 05:54 AM   #763
Colluder
Lude Cray

Colluder will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimitedbacon View Post
You get excited when you think you see another Prelude but are disappointed when it turns out to be a Ferrari.
I like this one.
Colluder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2015, 09:55 AM   #764
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

It's even better when it's your passenger that has that reaction.

Old 08-15-2016, 02:57 PM   #765
3geezee
Getting Comfortable

3geezee is on a distinguished road
When you love your car more than your girlfriend....
3geezee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #766
Andrew
I am Prelude

Andrew has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew has a spectacular aura about

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3geezee View Post
When you love your car more than your girlfriend....
I know you're joking, but this is not a symptom of Prelude ownership... more of idolizing your car or of a dysfunctional relationship.

Say it with me: It's just a car.

instagram: @

Quote:
I think in '87 the engineers at Honda got the bean counters drunk on sake before having them sign off on the Prelude design.
"W-wait! Why are the shifter cables adjustable? No one is ever going to..."
"A toast to your health!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2016, 10:37 PM   #767
3geezee
Getting Comfortable

When your girlfriend dumps you because you said you love your car more than her....

Last edited by 3geezee; 08-26-2016 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Sorry just saw this was already on the list aha
Old 08-26-2016, 10:50 PM   #768
luda8890
Lude Addict

luda8890 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
When your girlfriend dumps you because you said you love your car more than her....
Love it!
luda8890 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #769
Gargoyle24
Lude Cray

Gargoyle24 is on a distinguished road
You giggled like an idiot when James May mentioned the Porsche 918 has 4 wheel steering just like a prelude on the grand tour yesterday

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
260,800km
just gotta tear the engine out of the 88 rebuild it and I'll be good to go

---88 2.0Si---
B20A5
359,175km (222,690mi) t belt blew, got it fixed (sorta) body is made of rust now

"The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." -Soichiro Honda-
Gargoyle24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2017, 12:22 PM   #770
3geezee
Getting Comfortable

You know you own a white 3rd gen if you got oil stains on your hood
Old 01-06-2017, 10:38 PM   #771
Andrew
I am Prelude

Andrew has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew has a spectacular aura about

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
You know you own a white 3rd gen if you got oil stains on your hood

Lol my blue car had it too, just harder to see!

instagram: @

Quote:
I think in '87 the engineers at Honda got the bean counters drunk on sake before having them sign off on the Prelude design.
"W-wait! Why are the shifter cables adjustable? No one is ever going to..."
"A toast to your health!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement