ATTENTION: 3g Forum Rules! - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 12:28 PM   #1
Bobnova
New title is new

Bobnova has a spectacular aura aboutBobnova has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Bobnova

Exclamation ATTENTION: 3g Forum Rules!

Yes, rules.
The power is getting to my head and i've decided it's time to bring law and order to the 3g forum!

Violating these rules will get you warned, warnings can stack up and result in a temporary ban, more points equals a permanent ban.
You have been warned!

Now, on to the rules:

1) No personal attacks.
That means that if you call me, or someone else an idiot, it's a warning, or worse depending on the attack itself. An idiot would be a minor warning, calling someone a (%#&* &$#* (@#&%@* would be substantially worse.
You are more then welcome to attack someones ideas, but i want it to be a reasonable discussion, not "vtak is for idiots!" and junk like that.
If you want to swear, thats fine, i have no problem with it, but don't do it at other people.

2) Search first! Simple questions (can i put this motor in that? What kind of header should i buy?) can be easily answered in five minutes of searching. Posting a thread with such a question in it will result in that thread being locked. Posting another thread on the same question will result in a warning. Posting a different thread with a different, but still terribly simple, question will get it locked.

3) I DO NOT care about off topic/on topic posts in threads.
BUT! If the starter of the thread requests that the thread remain on topic (don't abuse that, btw) then i, and they, would appreciate it if yall didn't bring it violantly off topic. If the topic is EGR your more then welcome to post your own egr questions, but no discussing the price of tea. Doing so will get your posts deleted, and repeat offenders will be warned.
3a) off-topic conversation is allowed, so long as the thread starter is ok with it. off-topic bickering or complaining or any form of extreme disrespect towards other members and especially towards mods, will result in unofficial warnings, official warnings, temp bans, perm bans, or any combination of multiples of these.

4) If it belongs in another forum, put it there.
That means that if you want to know whether a 94 integra would win vs a 91 prelude, you put it in the drag or street racing forum, NOT the 3g forum.
Threads will be moved (with a redirect, so you know where they went), and repeat offenders will be warned.

5) I expect something akin to ENGLISH being spoken (typed, whatever) in this forum.
If you're from parts that don't speak English, this does not apply to you, i'm more then happy to read broken English from someone who doesn't speak it as a first languege.
Those of you who DO speak it as a first, but refuse to type it as such, changes are happening.
That means: I expect FULL WORDS to be written out.
No wut, no 4real, no 2cool, no intentional Teh's, none of that crap.
This rule will be enforced slowly, starting off with edited offending posts to include a note to the poster that the english was sub par. On from there it's post deletion and/or warnings and points.

Thats all of 'em that i can think of now, i'm sure more will come up later, in which case i'll put them in here too.

Lastly: I do NOT play favorites!
Even if your my most bestest friend, i'll still move your thread.
Hell, i'll probably move other moderators threads.
Your free to hate me, but that won't affect my moderation either. It may affect my opinion towards your ideas, but not the moderation of the site.

More Rules and guidelines (was a sticky, now this is the only link):
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=208394

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mouchyn; 12-21-2006 at 01:56 PM.
Bobnova is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2006, 02:21 PM   #2
motoxxxman
Banned

motoxxxman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to motoxxxman Send a message via Yahoo to motoxxxman
i also fully agree with these rules and will be enforcing them. well, 99%. i dont care if you call someone an idiot or some other name out of good fun when both members know they are joking around. a true personal attack though im not that fond of and will result in action.

as for moving threads due to them being off-topic, the actual topic of the thread will determine if it is moved immediately, or in day or two. i have seen a select few threads here and there that were off-topic but are ok to stay in 3g section for a day or two for more 3g views, as i understand not all 3g members visit other sections of this site.

post whoring will also get your posts deleted. this means no "need more posts, so i can use the for sale forum", "no info here, just need posts", "need posts", "blah, hum diddy dee"

posts that are completely off-topic are fine by me as long as the thread starter is ok with it.
if the thread starter does not want off-topic posts in his/her thread, POLITELY say so. dont get all pissed off and get rude to people, simply say something like "lets stay on topic please".
if the thread starter doesnt mind, i could care less if a thread about rod bearings goes off onto a tangent about goat nuts. if it doesnt go back on topic shortly though, or something at least related and useful, the thread will eventually get locked, as server space is an issue, and will be attempted to be saved as much as possible to an extent
motoxxxman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2006, 10:11 AM   #3
mouchyn
Preludepower Member

mouchyn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mouchyn Send a message via AIM to mouchyn Send a message via Yahoo to mouchyn
We would also like to see users create threads with relevant subjects/titles.

Try to avoid posting thread subjects like "ARRRGHHHH!" or "I need help." Subject lines like that are useless to readers browsing a forum list and useless to the search engines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Just call me the Thread Locker.
mouchyn is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2006, 02:18 AM   #4
motoxxxman
Banned

motoxxxman is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to motoxxxman Send a message via Yahoo to motoxxxman
yes, please oh please put proper titles for the thread content. it will get your thread more views by the ones who know about that topic, and less views by the ones that dont know about that topic
motoxxxman is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread