Beginners guide to H22 Engine Modifications PT. 2 - Page 2 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:38 AM   #26
98vtec
bangin' gears

98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenalokey View Post
umm so how come i never see things like this on sfpoa.net or am i not looking hard enough
your not looking hard enough

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
98vtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2006, 01:10 AM   #27
turkishking
Getting Comfortable

turkishking is on a distinguished road
Thank you for taking your time great info
turkishking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2006, 09:45 PM   #28
kormax97
Getting Comfortable

kormax97 has disabled reputation
great info... helping newbies like me
kormax97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2006, 01:32 AM   #29
Cruiserdude
Type-Esss

Cruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Cruiserdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by kormax97 View Post
great info... helping newbies like me
The fact that you actually read this and found it through months of grueling searches instead of posting a new thread asking about what mods would be good for a beginner makes you better than fully 75% of the n00bs we get on this site, welcome and enjoy your stay!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Andrew-

'01 Premium White Pearl Type SH-ATTS Baby!!!

Click
to join the official Prelude Power Facebook group, we don't bite!
Cruiserdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2007, 09:22 PM   #30
theidealone
Lude Cray

theidealone is on a distinguished road
nice. i havent seen the bpi set up. but i like the idea. is it possible to reach the same power goals with a home made set up you think? or would it be more worthy to shell out 50 bucks???? im going to have to consider it.

as for the header and all that. yea, i bought a cheapo (no name) ebay header, and test pipe. just for kicks, cus it was only 100 bucks. but the header was the same exact diameters as the stock header. only thing is, its a LOT lighter. and the test pipe, did increase flow, loud as hell (which i like loud cars), and seems to help. BUT, it threw a code (expected), and im too cheap to switch to an obd1. i bought a "MIL Eliminator", but it only lasted a couple days (but good enough for the race . but my big problem with the "JUNK" on ebay, is the fact that, if id have purchased a skunk instead, i wouldnt have the f#@kin o2 sensor FUSED TO THE DAMN CHEAP @$$ TEST PIPE. so unless youre ok with all of this, dont go ebay on that particular part. i also bought my cat-back and short ram off of ebay, and have had no problems with them. but dont know the power gains. one day ill dyno the thing.

but, i do know, i only had the cat back, and the short ram, running it up here at bandimere (over a mile above sea level), and pulled 16.5 avgs, in my 2000. my dad, years back, raced a 97 from work, and only pulled 16.9s. but that could be from other variables. who knows???

sorry, theres my two cents. and then some.

Fellow Colorado Luders, go here:
theidealone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2007, 12:16 PM   #31
SilverLude97
Getting Comfortable

SilverLude97 is on a distinguished road

Gimmick or another brillant idea? Sorry I'm a newb.

http://www.mimousa.com/home.asp?dir=products&prod=952
SilverLude97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #32
nyckenguy
Getting Comfortable

nyckenguy is on a distinguished road
i'm thinking about getting aftermarket cams for my car....are there any other components i should get along with the cams??
nyckenguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2007, 07:43 PM   #33
poet
the 'lude makes me poor.

poet will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLude97 View Post

Gimmick or another brillant idea? Sorry I'm a newb.

http://www.mimousa.com/home.asp?dir=products&prod=952

no it's complete crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyckenguy View Post
i'm thinking about getting aftermarket cams for my car....are there any other components i should get along with the cams??
yes there are.
and please search as you will find the answer much faster that way.

back presure is never, ever a good thing!

poet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2007, 01:44 PM   #34
DJTEMA
Banned

DJTEMA will become famous soon enough
ok im new here and have a question about exhausts...im looking for one..but i dont want it to be loud..not nasty ricey sounding..im not reall worried about performance..slight performance..but something that sounds good..not ricey or loud..any ideas?
DJTEMA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2007, 02:00 PM   #35
hot_97_lude
Lude Addict

hot_97_lude will become famous soon enough
^First off welcome! There is a exhaust clip thread in the resource thread of this site that has tons of clips for ya.

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...55#post1089555

This is also in the resource thread:

http://www.phatkokracing.com/gallery...umName=album93

You can also check out youtube, google video and streetfire.net for sound clips.

97 Prelude -- RIP 12/17/09
G35 Coupe -- Current

hot_97_lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2007, 02:05 PM   #36
DJTEMA
Banned

DJTEMA will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_97_lude View Post
^First off welcome! There is a exhaust clip thread in the resource thread of this site that has tons of clips for ya.

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...55#post1089555

This is also in the resource thread:

http://www.phatkokracing.com/gallery...umName=album93

You can also check out youtube, google video and streetfire.net for sound clips.

thanks alot homie..that twin loop sounds nice..i think ima get dat...thiers a rep button around here?
DJTEMA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2007, 11:26 PM   #37
popebenedict
Getting Comfortable

popebenedict is on a distinguished road
Hey im a super noob so bare with me. I am looking into buying an intake that is first of all legal. I went to my local performance shop and they sugested the cold air intake from DC sports. He said that it gives you any from 12-15 horses. It costs 295$. I was wondering what you would suggest for my 98 honda prelude non SH. Thank you. here is the part
http://www.aempower.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=86

One last question i have the DC header and the bracket that holds the header tore. That resulted in it making a buzzing sound when i reached high RPM. So the guy suggested i just simply tear it off.He said that it wont affect the peformance or safety since its held in place by other parts of the header. I was wondering if i fucked up by tearing that piece out. I have the recipt to get a new part shipped to me, what should i do? I know there are standard intakes and cold air intakes. Is it worth getting the cold air intake or should i go with the standard intake?
This is the one i have in my car
http://www.aempower.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=894

Thank you

Last edited by popebenedict; 07-12-2007 at 11:28 PM.
popebenedict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2007, 08:40 AM   #38
converge
Elite Member

converge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to converge

ok, first of all... no intake is going to give you 12-15 horsepower. your "local performance shop" is lying to you, and reeeeeling you in. it takes a lot to make near that amount of power on a stock ecu without any sort of tuning. it's mainly just going to make a cool noise and look shiny in your engine bay. an ebay intake you buy for $100 is the exact same thing as a dc sports/aem/injen intake. there is absolutely no reason on earth to buy a piece of pipe with a filter on it for $300. that would qualify you as "certifiably insane." there are much cheaper and slightly better alternatives. in the end, an intake probably isn't going to do anything.

it's probably fine to tear the bracket off... or maybe have a muffler shop weld it back together? i'm sure that any mom & pop muffler shop will do that for a very minimal price.

and either intake you buy is going to do pretty much the exact same thing (what i described above... pretty much nothing) but a cold air intake that sits down closer to the road is much more likely to suck up water and hydrolock your engine.

Last edited by converge; 07-13-2007 at 09:19 AM.
converge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2007, 08:45 AM   #39
98vtec
bangin' gears

98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all98vtec is a name known to all

Prelude of the Month
save your money til after the 21st of this month.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #40
popebenedict
Getting Comfortable

So no use in buying any intake? Thanks i almost fell into the stupid crowed were they cough up almost 400 for the intake and installation:0

Last edited by popebenedict; 07-13-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:18 PM   #41
popebenedict
Getting Comfortable

ok since adding an intake wont add horses to my puppy. What do you think is the next step in adding horses?

Last edited by popebenedict; 07-13-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #42
poet
the 'lude makes me poor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popebenedict View Post
ok since adding an intake wont add horses to my puppy. What do you think is the next step in adding horses?
read the first post on this thread.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:34 PM   #43
popebenedict
Getting Comfortable

So go with bolt on? According to the guy it runs about 2g's for a good set up. Shouldn't i just go with a tubo kit for that kind of $$$. Where or how can i find info on what a bolt on is and looks like exactly and where to get this. I am verry grateful for you prelude brothers lending a hand
Old 07-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #44
poet
the 'lude makes me poor.

Quote:
Where or how can i find info on what a bolt on is
first sentence, in the first post, of the first page of this thread.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:47 PM   #45
popebenedict
Getting Comfortable

and to my other question. Isn't a turbo kit better? for 2g's
Old 07-13-2007, 05:49 PM   #46
98vtec
bangin' gears

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
and to my other question. Isn't a turbo kit better? for 2g's
this thread does not pertain to turbo. please take that to the forced inducion forum.

Old 07-13-2007, 05:54 PM   #47
popebenedict
Getting Comfortable

k is the option that will run me about 2g's street legal. He says its loud which makes me believe it will be illegal?
Old 07-13-2007, 08:32 PM   #48
converge
Elite Member

depending on where you live... making any sort of usable, noticeable power is going to be completely and unabashedly illegal... some people are just better at hiding it than others.

unless you live in tennessee, like me, where no one gives a fuck what you do.

Last edited by converge; 07-13-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:34 PM   #49
converge
Elite Member

and i feel that i should add that a turbo kit or any kind of turbo set up you may encounter is going to require much more than $2,000 to get working safely and properly. more than likely well over twice that.

but, like blake said, that's what the forced induction section is for. i just didn't want you to have any misconceptions.

Old 07-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #50
popebenedict
Getting Comfortable

Yea i heard they run from like 2.5-3g's plus 500 for installation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement