3rd Gen_ White 1991 Sport Injected, Anti-Lock Brake, 4our Wheel Steering - Page 3 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:42 AM   #51
MustardCat
Memento Mori

MustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaboy View Post
They look beefy! So a "TT" construction on the ends? with pipe connecting them?
The ends are T shaped. The vertical part is 1/4" and the horizontal laid over the top is 1/8". The center is solid 7/8" (22mm) 4130 rod.
MustardCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2016, 07:16 PM   #52
Buffer3
Getting Comfortable

Buffer3 is on a distinguished road
awesome job...looks good.
Buffer3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2016, 01:49 AM   #53
Austro
True Luder

Austro is on a distinguished road
Was asking what diameter, didn't realise you had already responded in a separate post. Any plans to produce a batch for sale? And do you think you would have to reinforce the sway bar mounting points for this? I know some 4Gs have had to reinforce theirs to accommodate for the greater forces with a larger rear bar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Austro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #54
MustardCat
Memento Mori

MustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the Internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austro View Post
Was asking what diameter, didn't realise you had already responded in a separate post. Any plans to produce a batch for sale? And do you think you would have to reinforce the sway bar mounting points for this? I know some 4Gs have had to reinforce theirs to accommodate for the greater forces with a larger rear bar.
I haven't had any problems with the current 22mm bar so I don't think these will rip anything.

I might do some kind of swaybar kit in the future. But it would be a different design that uses pre-made splined torsion bars.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:41 PM   #55
MustardCat
Memento Mori

Talking

Got the anti-roll bars power coated and installed. Here is the finished product:

Going with black for as many parts as I can to keep the stealth look.

I also replaced the brake master cylinder as it had given up last time I drove it.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:28 PM   #56
MustardCat
Memento Mori

Got a hold of all the stuff I need to convert the belts to non-USDM:
Old 12-13-2016, 09:58 PM   #57
Run_Away
Lude Boss

Run_Away will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
Sweet! I'm very jealous.
Looks like you got the sills too, going to delete that extra clasp/pin thing thing?
I was thinking of leaving mine in when I convert. Those are the only parts I'm missing.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:07 PM   #58
Buffer3
Getting Comfortable

Love the look of the powder coated pieces. I have been looking for a local powder coater, there are exactly none. I might just have to build a small powder coat shop so I can do it...so torn...
Old 12-13-2016, 10:21 PM   #59
MustardCat
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run_Away View Post
Sweet! I'm very jealous.
Looks like you got the sills too, going to delete that extra clasp/pin thing thing?
I was thinking of leaving mine in when I convert. Those are the only parts I'm missing.
Yeah I'm taking those out as well. I've got some JDM replica door sills to install and they wont work with the USDM sills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffer3 View Post
Love the look of the powder coated pieces. I have been looking for a local powder coater, there are exactly none. I might just have to build a small powder coat shop so I can do it...so torn...
There must be some place? Any place that builds things out of metal will be getting stuff powder coated now and then, you could try asking a place like that.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:36 AM   #60
Buffer3
Getting Comfortable

There must be some place? Any place that builds things out of metal will be getting stuff powder coated now and then, you could try asking a place like that.[/QUOTE]

Local guy closed down a couple years ago, no biz...next closest is 50-60 miles away...am asking but it just might be cheaper and easier to build myself a small setup...do it for myself, maybe help a few others then sell the entire thing...those are my thoughts...
Old 01-11-2017, 12:41 PM   #61
Xclusive1
Getting Comfortable

Xclusive1 is on a distinguished road
Just caught up on with the videos you have up on youtube. Ever consider doing a 4ws swap video? that would be awesome. Thank you for all the work you do for the community!

Still lovin my short shifter man.
Xclusive1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2017, 02:03 AM   #62
MustardCat
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive1 View Post
Just caught up on with the videos you have up on youtube. Ever consider doing a 4ws swap video? that would be awesome. Thank you for all the work you do for the community!

Still lovin my short shifter man.
Yeah I might, if I ever get another 4WS system to swap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement