1990 prelude K20 z3 swap - Page 7 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #151
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

bouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of light
Here is an update, but no pictures yet as I left the camera aty home on m way to work.

We have gotten the fuel system in, installed the Hyrid Racing fuel rail, installed all the AN fttings and black braided lines, installed the adjustable fuel pressure regulator, as well as guage and new fuel filter. Also, replaced allt he coolant lines, except the big ones going to the rad, with black braided lines, same witht he vacuum lines, we rtepalced those with -4an black braided line.

Also, we cut, rebent and installed the brake lines on the prop valve. We moved the valve to behind the shock tower and installed the lines and everything looks as if it were stock.

Also, the aluminium VW radiator came in and we got it put into place and marked where some tig welding has to occur for the mounting poles on both top and bottom.

That will be Tig'd up shortly and once installed, I can then source out the big coolant lines for the rad, we may convert the top line to -AN fittings, but we will see once it is all mounted.

Also, I decided that we would have power steering on this car, but not the traditional method of power steering. So I fabricated a steel munting system for a Toyota MR2 electric hydraulic powersteering pump. This will be wired in and plumbed to the stock prelude steering rack, and we will then get it setup on either a negative trigger pressure sensor, or on a cam'd device on the steering shaft for operative signal. The pump is placed back behind the shock tower, slightly behind the prop valve. It will work great as I will build a defelctor sheidl to help reduce engine bay heat soak.

Also, I installed a 2010 Honda civic SI center console into the prelude. This will need some work to egt it to fit perfect but will do the job we need done as well as provide a very nice oem looking center console that has 2, YES 2 CUPHOLDERS!!! not sure whyt he third gen prelude never came with cup holders, but this car will get them.

We are still wiating for the hybrid cables to show up as well as a specialty flare nut for the clutch master cylinder and a throttle cable. Once those pieces are done, then the setup is complete and can be yanked out for the finish welding and the clenmaign and painting of the engine bay.

Then once the engine goes back in after that work, we will install the wire hartness, ecu and new key set.

So close, yet still a bit away.

Oncei can get the pictures emailed to me by Tessa, I will psot some of the latest work done on the BA4K.

Quote:
ban me biotches sissy lude dan hahah
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
If I had to guess, it's because the car is a thrown-together piece of shit.

Last edited by bouckarooo; 01-09-2017 at 01:16 PM.
bouckarooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2017, 03:42 PM   #152
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
88SE Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #153
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

bouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of light
Ok, go the pictures emailed to me this morning. I will post them up with some brief descriptions. For the most par the pictures are self explanatory.

This picture is of the over all engine sitting in the bay, you can see all the vacuum lines are converted to braided black lines, as well as in this picture you can see the cruise control module that I had mounted back into the engine bay. Still need to do some work to make the cruise work well, but it shouldn't be an issue.

And the fuel pressure regulator, gauge and fuel distribution lines. I could only find a single -6AN to 9/16 banjo fitting, so I reused one of the oem fuel line ends, but have another banjo an fitting on the way. To keep things clean and simple I installed a vacuum block on the firewall where the injectore resistor box was. This block has a single dash 6 line going to the engine, then the rest of the vacuum lines are ran off of the block using -4an braided line. The only line that is not connected to the vacuum block is the brake booster. Also, note that I deleted the air bypass system as well as as many other un needed things as possible.

Here are some pictures of the relocated brake prop valve with oem lines cut bent and re flared.

Some pictures of the coolant lines.

These pictures are of the bracket I had made to fit the MR2 steering pump into the car for power steering. Using some CAD(cardboard aided design) I was able to come pu with a great mounting system for this pump. Using the pre-existing shock tower hole, as well as creating a threaded hole on the bottom near the firewall for mounting point. I used the flat spot on the body that was pre existing but with no hole. I drilled the hole out and found a large nut that will be welded into place for securing the mount.

These last two pictures are of the lower mounting hole that was put into the car for the PS system.

And finally, here are some pictures of the Civic Si center console, that I will fit into t he car and make use of, adding a pair of cupholders as well as keeping the interior as clean as possible.

This console still needs a fair amount of work, as I only put it in the car to see if it will fit. Sure enough, with a bit of elbow grease we can make it work just perfectly!

No pictures of the radiator, as I forgot to take any, but once I get back home I will mount the rad and take some pictures and post them up, as at that point we should have the harness and ecu and key back as well.

Anwyay, enjoy the pictures, and know that soon this car will be finished!

Quote:
ban me biotches sissy lude dan hahah
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
If I had to guess, it's because the car is a thrown-together piece of shit.

Last edited by bouckarooo; 01-10-2017 at 02:26 PM.
bouckarooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017, 11:40 PM   #154
Run_Away
Lude Boss

Run_Away will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
Nice work!
Old 01-11-2017, 06:40 AM   #155
ogsmakdade
Ludacious

ogsmakdade will become famous soon enoughogsmakdade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ogsmakdade
Great progress

And I just thought it was awgs-mac-daid this whole time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

preludecentral.com Home of DEPOG
ogsmakdade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2017, 07:48 AM   #156
89lowlude
Lude Addict

89lowlude has disabled reputation

Prelude of the Month
Looking good!
89lowlude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Today, 04:10 AM   #157
DAV4WS
Lude Dude

DAV4WS is an unknown quantity at this point
Toyota MR2 electric hydraulic powersteering pump , i think do same , because with the rotrex i can't keep the OEm système .

your brake prop valve is , prelude 3g one or civic ?
DAV4WS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement