91 Winter Update - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:33 PM   #1
FuzzyGreen
Lude Boss

FuzzyGreen will become famous soon enough
91 Winter Update

The 91 is still going strong, only about 200 miles over the last couple winter months as she needs some TLC before going back into daily service in this spring again.

What I've done:
  • Replaced the clutch master cylinder (again) and hopefully this one isn't a dud (last one went about 10k miles before it started leaking)
  • Replaced my miata battery with a Duracell AGM battery for the huge CCA so I can have reliability again.
  • Cleaned out all the battery cables and connectors and found a few weak connections.
  • https://www.batteriesplus.com/batter...50cca/sli34agm
  • Fixed some minor paint chips (paint job is almost 2 years old now) with touch up paint.
Current issues:
  • Some strange coolant flow issue, sometimes can't get heat in the cabin, engine will overheat if stuck in traffic on hot days only. Radiator is about 5 years old, and most coolant hoses have been replaced, could be bad heater core, water pump issues, or some blockage somewhere.
  • Tranny is grinding bad in 3rd, 4th, and 5th.
Plans? I don't have a garage or place to work on my car at the moment, so I'm thinking of having a race/tuner company do the tranny rebuild and include an LSD, new mounts, and new clutch pplate at the same time.

For the coolant issue, not sure yet how to proceed. I hate to pay someone to do that type of work on my 3gp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pics:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by FuzzyGreen; 01-03-2017 at 08:40 PM. Reason: love
FuzzyGreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2017, 10:03 PM   #2
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
You could send the trans to someone who's done a very good rebuild with LSD in one of these trans before

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
88SE Lude is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2017, 08:30 PM   #3
FuzzyGreen
Lude Boss

FuzzyGreen will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SE Lude View Post
You could send the trans to someone who's done a very good rebuild with LSD in one of these trans before
I would, but I still don't have a garage to pull the tranny, the shop I was thinking of is local to me so I could just have them do the whole swap. Being without a decent garage while owning a 26 year old car is not something I recommend to anyone.

Pics:

FuzzyGreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2017, 10:58 PM   #4
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
As long as the yknow what they're doing in regard to the work on the cases etc....

But if you decide otherwise just shout.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
88SE Lude is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2017, 08:38 PM   #5
b20luda
I am Prelude

b20luda will become famous soon enoughb20luda will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
Good to see the OG's still around

1991 SI boosted Oem internal B20A 220whp daily driverSOLD
b20luda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement