3g eBay/Craigslist Finds - Page 42 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-26-2016, 11:32 PM   #1026
Stackk

Stackk is on a distinguished road
My beautiful '91 SR 4WS was rear ended, hard.
I was hoping to fully replace it, or at least find one in need of minor front end repair.
Will travel, pay and love.
Stackk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2016, 12:18 AM   #1027
luda8890
Lude Addict

luda8890 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stackk View Post
My beautiful '91 SR 4WS was rear ended, hard.
I was hoping to fully replace it, or at least find one in need of minor front end repair.
Will travel, pay and love.
I feel like this may be in the wrong section...
luda8890 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2017, 11:00 PM   #1028
Andrew
I am Prelude

Andrew has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew has a spectacular aura about

Prelude of the Month
Not a 3rd gen, but some of you guys might enjoy this. A 5th gen with e-4ws imported from Japan. If it wasn't automatic, I'd be drooling!
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/ctd/5924490683.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

instagram: @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I think in '87 the engineers at Honda got the bean counters drunk on sake before having them sign off on the Prelude design.
"W-wait! Why are the shifter cables adjustable? No one is ever going to..."
"A toast to your health!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2017, 01:39 PM   #1029
Lando

Lando is on a distinguished road
Hi, newbie here, not sure if belongs in this thread but could anyone look at this & tell me if it looks legit or too good to be true? got for 1700, full honda history up to 99k

i've vehicle checked it, MOT checked back to 2003 & hpi checked etc & all looks good.

i know i wont know until i actually go & view it in person but
thought id ask the experts incase any alarm bells rang.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-HONDA...vip=true&rt=nc

Many thanks

Josh
Lando is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2017, 02:51 PM   #1030
luzer
Elite Member

luzer has a spectacular aura aboutluzer has a spectacular aura aboutluzer has a spectacular aura about

I don't have any reason to think it's not legitimate. It looks like it's been repainted, so you'll want to check it over closely to see if you can find any evidence of impact damage.

I don't know what 3rd gen Preludes in your area normally sell for in this condition/mileage. But I will say that this is an auction, so the selling price depends on what the bidders are willing to pay for it. GBP 1700 translates to about $2100 USD. I've seen them sell for that where I live. I've also seen people asking more than that for a car in much worse condition.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:43 PM   #1031
Jonathanchuoi
Lude Dude

Jonathanchuoi is on a distinguished road
Amazon link for rear upper ball joints - all ball joints are supposedly currently in stock.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Z76GMA...vert-amazon-20

https://www.amazon.com/CTR-W0133-161...vert-amazon-20

Part numbers
Moog #K9385 - front lower
Moog #K9750 - front upper
Moog #K9643 - lower rear

CTR #1617606 && 1617863 rear upper
Jonathanchuoi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2017, 02:49 AM   #1032
Austro
True Luder

Austro is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanchuoi View Post
Amazon link for rear upper ball joints - all ball joints are supposedly currently in stock.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Z76GMA...vert-amazon-20

https://www.amazon.com/CTR-W0133-161...vert-amazon-20

Part numbers
Moog #K9385 - front lower
Moog #K9750 - front upper
Moog #K9643 - lower rear

CTR #1617606 && 1617863 rear upper
I take it you didn't actually purchase these though? I tried hopping on the CTR website to see if I could further ascertain whether these will actually fit but I'll have to dig deeper later.

Austro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2017, 11:28 AM   #1033
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
The link he gave to the CTR rear uppers is exactly what he said, the rear uppers for the 3G.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
88SE Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2017, 11:35 AM   #1034
1funryd
Elite Member

1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough1funryd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to 1funryd Send a message via MSN to 1funryd Send a message via Yahoo to 1funryd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austro View Post
I take it you didn't actually purchase these though? I tried hopping on the CTR website to see if I could further ascertain whether these will actually fit but I'll have to dig deeper later.
I can confirm they are for the 3GP because I also bought a set.

Sean

3rd Gen Aftermarket Manager

(Clik Here)
Email:

(Danny19 - JDM RH Drive) (1Funryd - H23 Swap) (B20luda - Turbo Charged H22)Representing All of 3rd Gens!!!
1funryd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2017, 05:50 PM   #1035
LudeAEM
Lude Addict

LudeAEM is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to LudeAEM
MINT Prelude in Chicago

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/6056825903.html

LudeAEM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2017, 10:06 PM   #1036
boblasek
Herp Derp Lerp

boblasek is on a distinguished road

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252366780025...%3AIT#shpCntId

Has anyone heard of them or used their piping?

boblasek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2017, 10:27 AM   #1037
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
Yes & yes.

As long as you understand what you're getting you won't get better.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

MustardCat - "You have free access to people with decades worth of experience here. Being asked to format your posts in a readable manner is very reasonable. Call your local Honda dealer and see how much they want per hour to have a master tech diagnose your problem..."
Old 04-01-2017, 11:32 AM   #1038
cudaboy
Elite Member

cudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internet
Send a message via Yahoo to cudaboy

your link sends me to a vigilink. I don't know why.

'91 Si 4ws 5spd(black) "Black Betty"
'70 'Cuda 340 C.I.D. Alpine White, Black Vynil Top, Leather Interior, Rim Blow, Overhead Consolette. Factory Posi 3.55:1, 15" ralleyes, --Fully Loaded and Extremely Rare!

cudaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2017, 11:48 AM   #1039
boblasek
Herp Derp Lerp

88-91 Honda Prelude Mandrel Exhaust by TruBendz - 2.5" Aluminized Steel Tubing

Just search that on Ebay

Old 04-01-2017, 11:49 AM   #1040
boblasek
Herp Derp Lerp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SE Lude View Post
Yes & yes.

As long as you understand what you're getting you won't get better.
Any recommendations on mufflers and resonators?

Old 04-01-2017, 12:38 PM   #1041
Run_Away
Lude Boss

Run_Away will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
I've heard of them and people using their Civic piping kits with good results, no personal experience though. Seems like a good deal. Obviously not bolt-on, but a great way to save some time and money vs fabricating an exhaust with a box of mandrel bends and straight pipe.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:13 PM   #1042
boblasek
Herp Derp Lerp

I wanted to replicate the Thermal R&D exhaust but I also wanted to retain the stock looking muffler with the dual tips. I guess Ill have to figure out what resonator and length to get and muffler. I'll get this piping to mock one up.

Old 04-01-2017, 11:41 PM   #1043
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

Resonators and silencers are all down to personal preference really.
The beauty is that you can add whatever you want for however quiet you want it.

Old 04-02-2017, 02:00 AM   #1044
cudaboy
Elite Member

cudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internet
Send a message via Yahoo to cudaboy

You can check out my garage pics if you want. It is the bigger of the two dual tip and this version has a double wall in the tips. It is magnaflow sport compact. I can get you part numbers for it and the polished magnaflow 4" o.d. 18"? 22"? inline resonator. But it wasn't cheap 8 years ago and it has gone up. Also even with the inline resonator and muffler plus my stock cat and neuspeed header it is quite loud. The resonator and muffler neither has any baffles in line to quiet it. They both have free flow and perforated tubes with there mesh around them internally. You would have to look at their website for the mesh design. It isn't fiberglass or at least not all of it so it might not be as loud as a glass pack like a cherry bomb. The only real time it is annoying to me the driver is going under an over pass and it bounces off all the concrete. It is throaty not really that much of a buzz. I have 2 1/4 non mandrel pipe but the next best thing to it. It is not the ribbed cheap bends.

For quiet some say that I forget the name as I haven't heard it in awhile I think it starts with a v? but I believe it is free flow two. Years ago I heard a baffled flow master onhere and it sounded quiet and others have said the same. That was more of a traditional muffler that would need tips added. I love the looks of mine and live with its loudness. If cops are a problem where you live for loud exhaust you can immediately on in town driving lay off the accelerator and up shift when you see one.

Performance wise I like the performance now on my b21a1. For the most part all I have done is header and exhaust and the other biggy was the integra 9.75 one piece cromoly flywheel and stage III sprung six puck f1 racing clutch and pressure plate.

I paid like a $135 shipped for the muffler and another $66 for the inline polished resonator both magnaflow but I doubt you could find them that cheap now but L.A. maybe. You can get a non polished ss inline resonator for about $10 - maybe $15 less exact same thing from magnaflow.

The hangers I got is 3/8" stainless steel with a nipple from verocious motorsports. They where on ebay and since then amazon and I am pretty sure they have a website. I also got six, 3 pair, blue polyurethane hangers off of ebay. I think they still sell them. They where around $15 a pair and really solidify the exhaust from banging around. I can run those down too for you. top speed motorsports I think. s3 part number small 3 hole. The 3rd hole is the H cutout.

Here is there website. $12.99 a pair plus shipping. Tell them you want the small version s3! The 3/8 ss rod I had bent at right angles so that it had more contact area with the muffler. That way your welding a 2" long leg on muffler and it won't break off. I think I might have a picture of this. The nipples help and make it harder to remove.

http://topspeedauto.com/universal-mu...ole-1-75-2pcs/

muffler: 14816 resonator: 14415

https://www.magnaflow.com/automotive...dual/products/

s.s. hangers with nipples 3/8":

http://www.verociousmotorsports.com/...ree-3-x-9-Long

http://www.verociousmotorsports.com/...ight-11-5-Long

I had to use these 18" channel locks and grease to get them on then wiped away the grease. It was a bear but worth it.

'91 Si 4ws 5spd(black) "Black Betty"
'70 'Cuda 340 C.I.D. Alpine White, Black Vynil Top, Leather Interior, Rim Blow, Overhead Consolette. Factory Posi 3.55:1, 15" ralleyes, --Fully Loaded and Extremely Rare!

Last edited by cudaboy; 04-02-2017 at 03:15 AM.
cudaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement