Official J Series Swap Information/discussion thread - Page 20 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:20 AM   #476
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

bouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of light
http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/bo...20e20.mp4.html

Heres a short video

Quote:
ban me biotches sissy lude dan hahah
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
If I had to guess, it's because the car is a thrown-together piece of shit.
bouckarooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2014, 10:04 PM   #477
dontbuyprelude
Lude Dude

dontbuyprelude is on a distinguished road
I have an 03 cl-s 6 spd donor car to use as a j swap for my 5g lude. The cl shifter base bolts in 100%. All bolt holes line up. The lude and cl shifter are exactly the same except for a spring on the cl shifter that provides resistance in the side to side motion of the shifter.

Last edited by dontbuyprelude; 11-20-2014 at 10:05 PM.
dontbuyprelude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2015, 08:50 PM   #478
SeigiSama
True Luder

SeigiSama is on a distinguished road
So is this swap worth it? I brought this up many years ago and was shot down. Now I see it's a pretty much a common thing. It looks like the price is pretty comparable to dropping in a euro r or type s swap. My h22 is old and tired and I'm looking for something fresh and quick. Not going to race it. Just want something to DD to keep the miles off of my brand new evo. A 6 cylinder 6 speed prelude sounds like a nice commuter that has plenty of passing power.
SeigiSama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #479
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

bouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of light
I wouldnt say a j swaped is a common thing, i know of mine, david scotts, dan(angry agent), don at rpm, and steve from wicked quick. So five or six of them isnt so common really, im sure there is more than that but still not enough to say common, perhaps common in a civic but not.prelude.

Quote:
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
Old 03-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #480
SeigiSama
True Luder

SeigiSama is on a distinguished road
Common enough that the trail has been blazed. Can it be done for $4k and under? It looks like the engine and tranny are cheaper than the more common swaps. Looks like all the other stufF axles mounts wiring etc is where the costs add up.
SeigiSama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2015, 06:48 PM   #481
Alpine 8080
Getting Comfortable

Alpine 8080 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice
Alpine 8080 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2015, 03:13 AM   #482
dontbuyprelude
Lude Dude

i j swapped my lude for about 3k, not counting all the extra stuff i did that wasnt required. j35 with lsd trans.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:39 PM   #483
Seven hills

Seven hills is on a distinguished road
I have a 89 prelude and I'm trying to put a j35a8. What kind of modifications do I need to do? If someone can tell me?
Seven hills is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 12:18 PM   #484
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

Lets see your jswap!

Hows it run amd drive? Do you like it more than h setup?

Quote:
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
Old 08-26-2015, 12:47 AM   #485
dontbuyprelude
Lude Dude

ive only driven it around my country block a few times so far. but there really is no comparison to an h22 in any way. i will never ever go back to an h22 lol. the j is better in everyway. and its cheaper too. with boltons on my 11.3 cr j35 i roast 2nd gear on my lsd trans like cake. im currently running 225/40/18 tires and traction is an issue. with only some boltons lol. my turbo h22 couldnt burn tires like this on 10 psi. i could go on and on. but really, j is the way no questions asked.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:27 AM   #486
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

Lol, yes i figured you would say that! Great job on the mounts btw, the innovative mounts need exactly what youve done to them! Imexcited to see more of your prelude !

Quote:
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
Old 08-29-2015, 04:38 PM   #487
dontbuyprelude
Lude Dude

thanks bouck. for those wondering, i cut my innovative mounts and rewelded them to position the engine higher 1" and back 1.25". the downside is i had to make a custom slim intake manifold to clear the hood without cutting it. also i had to notch and box in the rear subframe. every other aspect of the swap improved with the new engine position. ground clearance, shift cables reaching transmission, front spark plug service, axle angle, improved weight distribution, no need for a traction bar anymore, radiator to header clearance, and more. all improved with modded innovative mounts.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:12 PM   #488
MPAIN90

MPAIN90 is on a distinguished road
I know you guys were talking about the swap with a manual transmission might be possible to do this swap with I know you guys were talking about the swap with a manual transmission but do you think it would work with an Acura TL Tiptronic transmission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty "Spoon" Lude View Post
Every time a J series swap is brought up as a potential motor swap for our preludes everyone laughs and says the H22 is fine enough or don't bother or its to expensive etc.

So Im making this thread for those of us who are serious about actually attempting a J series swap or are interested (j32/j35.....j37lol whatever it may be)

There is a forum J32a.com but on that website almost everything is about civic /integra and frankly Im sick of civics and integras getting all the lime light.

Its about time someone really said screw it and just put a sick V6 prelude together because we all know we would have loved to see Honda make preludes V6 from the factory, and we all know we would love to see a V6 prelude just because it "sounds right".

So guys dont just post bullshit responses like "the H22 is better" "its too much money" "to much fabrication" to much blah blah blah"

Lets really try to get the ball rolling on a solid information thread about J swaps into our cars...
Here are the basic J series information threads from J32a.com

http://www.j32a.com/showthread.php?t=422

http://www.j32a.com/showthread.php?t=423

These basically show you which J swaps you would want to pick and which tranny you would want to mate it too (6 speed prelude sounds nice and you all know it)

So this is what I have been able to dig up so far.. (feel free to correct me if im wrong) 98 to 02 Honda Accords are similar to the 5th gen prelude, they come with F series motors that have very similar motor mounts. So if we can put a V6 in those accords it shouldnt be that much different than fitting one into our cars. I did read that these are the mounts to use if we are going to do it and the 03 CL type S tranny mount..

Im going to keep searching and try to add whatever I find out and hopefully I can try it out on my car.. If anyone else has information to add please do, but dont turn this thread into a joke. I know there has to be a lot of people out there interested in this swap and the best part is the J series swaps are getting cheaper.
MPAIN90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2015, 04:16 PM   #489
MPAIN90

MPAIN90 is on a distinguished road
Would it be possible to do the J35 swap with a Tiptronic transmission?
MPAIN90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2015, 06:48 PM   #490
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

^ yes it is possible and it would be awesome with yhe paddle shifting setup from the 08+ tls, although if it were me doing it i would be sending the auto trans to level 10 to be rebuilt, fixed up(internal oil gallery flaw gets fixed) and beefed up for 700-800hp, then boost the j35 with 15 psi and life would be fucking awesome!

A boosted paddle shifting j swap would be insane!!

Quote:
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
Old 03-08-2016, 08:55 PM   #491
nipplemilk
Getting Comfortable

nipplemilk is on a distinguished road
https://www.innovativemounts.com/Pro...ductCode=80152
have you guys used these? why is it that the front mount comes separatly? wouldnt it be better to save 10$ more to get the urathane stiffness higher?

Im looking into doing a j swap into my 99 sh, i want to put a j37a5 or a1. ooor 35a8 whats this you guys where saying that the newer j serese are harder to swap? is it possible even if you where able to find the engine?

I feel like the level of this swap is hard, or any swap for that matter for a newbie that hasent done one before. I want to do this swap but i have no dealership friends dont know where to tune, dyno etc, i know looking and researching will find the answer.

i know you have to look for engines vigorously junkyards, ebay etc, but is there a web site that sells j engines???

Last edited by nipplemilk; 03-08-2016 at 08:59 PM.
nipplemilk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2016, 10:00 PM   #492
Wing8806
Faptastic
Curveball Champion, Alien Clones Champion

Wing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to all
One of two threads

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=353993

Don't say I never helped.
Wing8806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement