The Official Oil Leak Guide - Page 7 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-12-2015, 09:06 PM   #151
Wing8806
Faptastic
Curveball Champion, Alien Clones Champion

Wing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to all
Get the car on stands and check for leaks
Wing8806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #152
no0ne

no0ne is on a distinguished road
Theres just a couple of drops of oil underneath. If leaking would be the main reason of dissapearing oil, everything down there would be messy and black.
no0ne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2015, 10:30 AM   #153
Wing8806
Faptastic
Curveball Champion, Alien Clones Champion

Wing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by no0ne View Post
Theres just a couple of drops of oil underneath. If leaking would be the main reason of dissapearing oil, everything down there would be messy and black.

If its burning off before hitting the ground or building up somewhere...it would be hard to tell

Trace the drops. Clean whats there.

Do a compression test if you feel it may be the rings
Wing8806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2015, 07:07 AM   #154
shibby2554

shibby2554 is on a distinguished road
Sorry to bump a really old thread, but I just solved my leak issue and wanted to share.
Someone mentioned this before but might be worth adding the VTEC solenoid base gasket to the list. That ended up being my issue. 36172-P08-015
I was leaking almost 5 quarts between oil changes because of that. It finally cracked and leaked a quart in 10-15 minutes.
shibby2554 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2015, 01:22 PM   #155
bmv2000
Lude Dude

bmv2000 is on a distinguished road
Great helpful article. And always liked those E-36s.
bmv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #156
starbai
True Luder

starbai is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to starbai Send a message via MSN to starbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-SH View Post
I gotta say this is one of the best write-ups I've ever seen. I used this today to change the seals in my engine. I have an SH, and the oil pressure switch was leaking. This little sucker is located underneath the intake, above the ATTS unit, and far enough past the oil filter housing as to make it impossible to reach without taking off the ATTS. Unfortunately, I couldn't take off the ATTS because the driver's side axle refused to come out, and it blocks one of the bolts that holds the ATTS to the block, so I pulled the engine. Bit drastic, but effective. And it made it very easy to change the seals. Piece of advice: When taking off the crank gear, there is a small retainer under it with two 10mm bolts holding it to the block. I didn't see this and managed to snap the edge off the gear backing plate. Serious crapola. But all that to say that I wouldn't have been able to do this without MommysLittleMonster and his amazing leak guide. Thank you!
Is it possible to buy just the oil pressure switch seal? or do you need to buy the entire switch? My engine is currently out an I'm replacing litereally every seal I can (need it or not) beacuse I'm hoping i dont have to do this for another 100k. Since this one is so hard to get to once the motor is back in the car I'd like to take care of it. Any advice? I'm having a tough time finding a part number for just the seal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
starbai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement