DIY Slide hammer for EGR port cleaning w/ pics - Page 8 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:23 AM   #176
blakeniel

blakeniel is on a distinguished road
Awesome write-up dude as I have to do this on my lude.
You have helped me after all these years since the initial post and I signed up for the forum just to thank you. Thank you AkumaR6!
blakeniel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2014, 06:28 PM   #177
Pike0825
Lude Dude

Pike0825 is on a distinguished road
hey, im currently in the process of doing this and iam using your write up but im stuck!! I need some help. I can t even get one plug out. I made the same slide hammer as you did but I don't even know how to use it to pull the plugs out. I drilled a hole in one of the plugs but don't know what to do to get it out, ive tried screwing a screw in there and try to pull it out with pliers but its too hard, I need more force. here are some pics.

heres the same slide hammer I made identical to yours ( don't know how you used it tho lol )

heres the very fisrt plug I tried getting out ( and so far the only plug with a drilled hole in it) its the plug closest to the egr valve.

I still haven't removed the egr, fuel rail, iavc or those other components I need to remove in order to have better clearance. I haven't removed those yet because I first wanted to see how hard it was going to be to pull a plug out ( so far ive had no luck ) andi tried pulling out the one by the egr because I already had decent clearance on it.

how exactly did you use the home made slide hammer to pull out the plugs? thanks in advance.

Last edited by Pike0825; 11-25-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Pike0825 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2014, 06:41 PM   #178
Wing8806
Faptastic
Curveball Champion, Alien Clones Champion

Wing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to all
re-read the writeup - it states halfway down

"As for the plugs, just drill into them with a #25 drill bit like in the TSB, and tap them with a 10-24 tap. You can vacuum away the shavings as you drill. Honestly I don't even think it should be a problem considering the ports are so clogged that the shavings wouldn't even fall down into them, but if you still feel like you should vacuum it won't hurt anything."
Wing8806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #179
Pike0825
Lude Dude

Pike0825 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing8806 View Post
re-read the writeup - it states halfway down

"As for the plugs, just drill into them with a #25 drill bit like in the TSB, and tap them with a 10-24 tap. You can vacuum away the shavings as you drill. Honestly I don't even think it should be a problem considering the ports are so clogged that the shavings wouldn't even fall down into them, but if you still feel like you should vacuum it won't hurt anything."
I don't understand that part. What does it mean to tap into them with a 10-24 tap. sorry if that's a stupid question but Im just confused by that.
Pike0825 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #180
Wing8806
Faptastic
Curveball Champion, Alien Clones Champion

Wing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to all
You need a thread tap tool at that size to thread the holes you drill out in order to screw the threaded rod into
Wing8806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015, 02:57 PM   #181
SHLuding
Lude Dude

SHLuding will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike0825 View Post
I don't understand that part. What does it mean to tap into them with a 10-24 tap. sorry if that's a stupid question but Im just confused by that.
Go to home depot or a similar hardware store and ask them for a #25 drill bit and #10-24 tap. I bought mine where they came in the same package as a set. Then buy a tap handle. Then lookup a video on how to tap something and then you should be good.
SHLuding is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement