eBay Floor Mats - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Review Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
Preme
Lude Dude

Preme is on a distinguished road
eBay Floor Mats

I purchased these floor mats from the eBay seller automatstore, according to them they’re made by a company called Avery. I opted to upgrade to the touring version for $20.00 extra which include thicker carpet material. They were delivered the mats in a plastic bag which unfortunately came with a tear but luckily nothing was spilled on the mats. The mats come with a strong new carpet smell so I recommend you let them air out overnight. They’re very plush and for the price of $85.00 that I paid all together including upgrade I think they’re a good deal compared to the almost $200.00 you pay for OEM mats. As advertised they do reach up to Thomas Jefferson’s neck but unfortunately the coin won’t stand on its own like in the picture. After 14 years my stock OEM mats have zero plushness to them. The size the mats is about a quarter to a half inch off with the OEM’s being larger. The rubber spikes on the bottoms of the OEM mats are much pointer and longer than the automatstore mats. Compared to aftermarket one size fits all floor mats you’d find at your local AutoZone or Pep Boys the automatsore’s rubber spikes are much longer but have a similar point to them. The edging on the mats aren’t as good as the OEM mats but I feel they would be sufficient for their use. In conclusion I feel the price, quality, and fact that they fit almost on par with OEM mats won me over and I would recommend others get these if they’re looking for a set of mats that won’t break the bank.

To see the eBay ad click here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Preme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #2
ogsmakdade
Ludacious

ogsmakdade will become famous soon enoughogsmakdade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ogsmakdade
nice review man, thanks for the info.

I'd like to see these things after 6 months of daily use, hopefully they hold up as well as OEM

And I just thought it was awgs-mac-daid this whole time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

preludecentral.com Home of DEPOG
ogsmakdade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
DonDominican
Ludacious

DonDominican is on a distinguished road
Thats an awesome price. i might even look into these!

DonDominican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
Baroc
Getting Comfortable

Baroc is on a distinguished road
does the driver side mat have a hole for the "mat holder" like the OEM one?

I got "custom" ebay mats a year ago and they constantly move around and are actually already worn through near the clutch pedal (after 1 year of daily driving them).

Baroc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
Bored

Bored is on a distinguished road
Hmmm.. definitely need new floor matts someone stole my driver one. Who does that!!!???
Bored is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #6
holman_00
Getting Comfortable

holman_00 is on a distinguished road
Nice info thanks
holman_00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 12:18 AM   #7
fuzzychainsaw
Getting Comfortable

fuzzychainsaw is on a distinguished road
Good info
fuzzychainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2015, 06:54 PM   #8
bmv2000
Lude Dude

bmv2000 is on a distinguished road
Have a set of 4th gen dark blue factory floor mats in very nice condition, even the driver's mat. $30 plus shipping if anyone's interested. The car also came with 2 (l&r) other factory Prelude rear floor mats though they're larger and they're a lighter shade of blue also very good condition. I suspect from an '86 Prelude because marked "86" on the back. The complete set are marked "92" and "93". For an extra $5 they're included. From my low mileage (82k) '93si parts car. Which one of these days I'll start parting out.
bmv2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2016, 03:33 PM   #9
vtecboost
Getting Comfortable

vtecboost is on a distinguished road
Great review, as I need a set for my 98 that I'm selling.
vtecboost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2016, 12:26 AM   #10
cudaboy
Elite Member

cudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internet
Send a message via Yahoo to cudaboy

I have lloyd's plush mats and they aren't that much more expensive then these and so much better quality! I would recommend them to anyone. I also have intertech hexomats for winter water trapping to save the carpet and make my lloyds mats last longer not using them in the winter. I think I bought both from autoanything.com and that site usually has some form of discount coupon code around any major holiday.

I think I still have pics of the lloyd's mats in 3rd gen section F.A.Q. at the bottom of the list in aftermarket stuff. If it is not in there then there should be a link to the thread that has the pics.

'91 Si 4ws 5spd(black) "Black Betty"
'70 'Cuda 340 C.I.D. Alpine White, Black Vynil Top, Leather Interior, Rim Blow, Overhead Consolette. Factory Posi 3.55:1, 15" ralleyes, --Fully Loaded and Extremely Rare!

Last edited by cudaboy; 10-30-2016 at 12:29 AM.
cudaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement