3rd Gen_ SR Citizen - Page 18 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:05 PM   #426
MustardCat
Memento Mori

MustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the Internet

So what did they say?
MustardCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2017, 07:20 AM   #427
Andrew
I am Prelude

Andrew has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew has a spectacular aura about

Prelude of the Month
They won't fix it, but offered a fair write off value. I think I'm going to accept it. The hard decision is now whether to get another lude or get out of the game while I have this convenient opportunity. The BA4 chassis is beginning to make less sense as a daily driver.

I'm going to look at a very clean '88 4ws on the weekend. We'll see if it convinces me to stick around!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

instagram: @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I think in '87 the engineers at Honda got the bean counters drunk on sake before having them sign off on the Prelude design.
"W-wait! Why are the shifter cables adjustable? No one is ever going to..."
"A toast to your health!
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2017, 10:31 PM   #428
Run_Away
Lude Boss

Run_Away will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
That's a pretty fair assessment of the situation, albeit unfortunate. You're probably one of a pretty small number of people who daily drove their 3g's year round, especially once as nice as yours.

It would be cool if you picked one up as a project car. What other alternatives are you considering?

Old 05-06-2017, 12:50 AM   #429
Andrew
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
Don't laugh too hard, but the other thing I want to look into is a Chevy Tracker / Suzuki Grand Vitara. It's one of the last compact SUVs with body on frame, dual range transfer case, and a solid rear axle, that isn't a Jeep Wrangler, commonly available in North America.

Quote:
I think in '87 the engineers at Honda got the bean counters drunk on sake before having them sign off on the Prelude design.
"A toast to your health!
Old 05-06-2017, 01:22 AM   #430
MustardCat
Memento Mori

MustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the Internet

My mom has had a 1g Tracker since new, I actually used it as a daily driver for a while back in '03 when I was doing my B20a swap... Really kind of 'meh' experience IMO (Though it has been very reliable). The interior is very cheap feeling, lots of wind noise, windshield/glass headlights get damaged very easily, and the cargo capacity is deceptively small.

Are you going to be able to save the aftermarket stuff from your car?
Old 05-06-2017, 08:44 AM   #431
Andrew
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
Yes, I'll be keeping it so the parts won't be lost. Thanks for your input on the Tracker

Quote:
"A toast to your health!
Old 05-06-2017, 03:28 PM   #432
Andrew
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
Bought another Prelude! I'll start a new thread for it at some point. Shame this one came to such an untimely end, there was a lot of life left in it.

If anyone needs stock parts, message me. Anything not going on the new Prelude will be for sale.

Quote:
"A toast to your health!
Old 05-06-2017, 03:32 PM   #433
MugenMachina
Lude Boss

MugenMachina will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
Awww yeah. Andrew back in the game!
MugenMachina is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2017, 04:00 PM   #434
cudaboy
Elite Member

cudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internetcudaboy is the King of the Internet
Send a message via Yahoo to cudaboy

you bought the 88 4ws? what color?

'91 Si 4ws 5spd(black) "Black Betty"
'70 'Cuda 340 C.I.D. Alpine White, Black Vynil Top, Leather Interior, Rim Blow, Overhead Consolette. Factory Posi 3.55:1, 15" ralleyes, --Fully Loaded and Extremely Rare!

cudaboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #435
Run_Away
Lude Boss

Run_Away will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
Aww yiss!
Old 05-06-2017, 08:10 PM   #436
MustardCat
Memento Mori

Noice.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #437
Andrew
I am Prelude

Prelude of the Month
Yup! This one's pretty rusty but that kinda frees me up to care less and just enjoy driving it. It's white.

Quote:
"A toast to your health!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement