Honda Prelude Forum banner

Black or White stock blades

• Black

Votes: 36 63.2%
  • White

Votes: 21 36.8%

OFFICIAL: Opinion Thread. Need an opinion? Post here!!!!!

87K views 628 replies 186 participants last post by  Wing8806 
#1 ·
We all know it's needed and we all know we are sick of a million different opinion threads.
This thread is to replace all the opinion threads that gets on all of our nerves. However, valid topics that need an opinion are also greatly encouraged, my goal is the create a very useful thread, not just a place to "sweep the annoying threads under the carpet"

Types of questions that should be in this thread:

"What wheels should I get?"
"Does this look craptastic?"
"Do you like this even though it's my car and I should get what I like?"
"make up my mind for me."
ETC.
Remember, valid topics that need opinions are more that welcome in here as well.

Please use this thread instead of everyone making a separate thread.

I will be deleting all the opinion threads in the 5th gen section from here on out.

Post your questions here and we will give you feed back. Please title your post with your question so its easy to differentiate the question and the answer. Answers must have the original question quoted in the response.

Everyone, please no flaming. This is a compromise so people can still ask for opinions and not clutter up the forum and annoy other members.

Thank you
Darren

See less See more
#94 ·
http://www.racinglab.com/oem-fl-kit-9701-prelude-y.html

has anyone purchased this set from this site? How did they work out for you. Is it any easy install or do you have to drill holes and tie stuff off?
Those are the first replica version. People have been having problems with those melting. You're better off getting the 2nd replica version, cause they're very identical to the real JDM fogs and won't melt

#96 ·
alright guys, my car is san marino red as some might know, and now im in the middle of painting it pearl white, should i paint the engine bay black or just keep it red, i currently have everything out of it almost, just except for abs and most of the hardlines, im just worried it going to turn out like crap, opinions before i do it?

#101 ·
Paint it white man, do it right the first time unless you really want a black bay but no matter what I wouldn't leave it red.

How do you have time to paint it black but not white? I assume you are talking about the red showing through the white but all you should need is an extra coat of primer to really cover up the red paint. Shouldn't take much longer than painting it black.

#108 · (Edited)
So I picked up a set of really crappy 5th Gen blades and I have been cleaning them up. I thought about polishing them, but they need way too much work for that, so I will be painting them. Trouble is, I can't decide what color. I like bronze wheels on white ludes, but I'm not sure it works with the stock blades. Below I have posted a ton of different options.

Thanks for any help!

Light gunmetal/dark silver

Dark gunmetal

Dark Bronze

Light Bronze

#112 ·
Bronze paint out of a can will look like ass. I suggest either Rustoleum Professional Stainless Steel or Rustoleum Professional Aluminum.

Both of those paints have their respectively named flake mixed in and come out great.

#114 ·
After i get my lips and get the car repainted (part of it is silver and part of it is that nordic mist or whatever that looks silver but has that blue in it), i wanting to take off all the emblems and stickers (stickers meaning the DOHC VTEC on the trunk lid). My idea is that the only emblems i want to put on it is a Decepticon chrome emblem where the rear [H] is and on the standard PRELUDE on the top of the rear bumper. thought?

#115 ·
Since you are getting the car repainted I think you should take the time to shave the trunk(all emblems, stickers, H, shave the key hole as well. I think all shaved emblems look way cleaner than cheesy looking emblems. No offense but almost all of those "novelty" emblems are cheaply made and will either look terrible from the start or down the road.

Here is a pic borrowed from Borcth

I think the trunk looks much cleaner shaved then with novelty emblems, plus you are painting the car show now would be the time to shave the key hole and emblem if you were ever planning on it.

#116 ·
it looks nice but i still like my key hole....yeah.
i understand about the novelty emblems but this one looks really good. i mean, its trial and error really. if i end up not liking it i can just simply take it off. but i do plan on stripping it of all stickers and emblems. just need the PRELUDE for the top of the rear bumper

#117 ·
Need your guys opinion on two things.

First issue is my radiator broke last week and i need to replace it. My friends at a local jdm shop hooked me up with a radiator but its for the 5spd base and doesn't have a tranny cooler. I'm still not ready for my 5spd swap and i need my car running to go to work. Should i just buy a tranny cooler or sell the radiator and buy an auto radiator??

Second problem is my ac doesn't work. should i remove it while the radiator is out or fix it? It will cost me 125 to completely refill my ac.

#118 ·
Need your honest opinions
I own an 01 night hawk black pearl prelude. I'm in need of a new hood. I was thinking about ordering an oem seibon hood, I was also thinking about ordering the seibon trunk and seibon mugen replica spoiler. So my question is do you guys think it will all flow well with a greddy front lip mugen rep sides and oem rear lip or will it be way too much CF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#119 ·
^^ Funny you should ask. A cf hood just popped up for sale locally.I have a night hawk lude too. I think it'll look good. If you don't like it you can always paint it black. Plus our hoods are so damn heavy I think it's worth going cf. As for the trunk I'd pick it up too. It would match with the cf hood. Idk bout that cf wing though..

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...black+prelude+cf+hood&aq=f&aqi=g-v10&aql=&oq= click the second answer link

#121 ·
painting my car soon, keep it white or go with electic blue pearl?

#123 ·
I love white... Simple and clean