Honda Prelude Forum banner

Dyno results B21A1 (Before Toofast's IM/TB)

21K views 112 replies 52 participants last post by  team123luder 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got my baseline dyno done today, another one will come after I get toofast's IM and TB to show how much of difference it will make.
Peak HP was just what I expected, but then it drops off real quick.

Peak HP = 123.9 @ 5600 rpm
Torque = 125.6 @ 4750 rpm

A/F ratio goes rich just before 5500 rpm.

We concluded that the engine just isn't getting enough air above 5500 rpms, and Toofast's IM and TB should make a big difference.

Engine mods so far:
Intake tubing reduced to elbow pipe and filter (my "stock" short ram)
DC Sports 4-2-1 2 piece ceramic coated header
Universal "fart can" weld on muffler. (Don't blame me, it was on the car when I bought it, and I've been lazy to change it)

otherwise it's a bone stock B21A1 w/ 120,000 miles.

See less See more
#27 ·
team123luder said:
Daily..... I know this guy at a shop who has a 4 door Accord with a H22A. I think it's the Type S. He tried Turbo and then went back to a NA setup. He bored the engine out to a 2.4 But man that thing moves like no other accord I've ever seen. Thats on a 4 door with full interior and some moderate sounds. I think you should be in the 13's as is. H22's love NA.
I hope you're right! I don't have the Type S engine but the only thing I'm missing is the compression...

One of my next main mods is to raise the compression to at least 11:1.

#28 ·
yeah that dyno looks funny. I can't find mine anywhere, but mine pulled all the way to 6500 before it dropped off. And thats about the same as mine. I got 127hp and 127tq with a B20A and DC header. I got a 138hp with a 70hp shot of juice! Found out the guy sold me the wrong size jets. He sold me jets for a direct port kit so I had jets for 17hp shot to each cylinder. But I was running a single fogger set-up. When I got the right jets finally, oh boy was it fun!

And Jason what da heck is an MDS ingition system? Some kind of Jerry's kids under the hood spinnging the dizzy for you! hehehe

#31 ·
Slipslap said:
And Jason what da heck is an MDS ingition system? Some kind of Jerry's kids under the hood spinnging the dizzy for you! hehehe
and you were making fun
:lol:

#35 ·
Geez, way to whore up my thread guys.

The shop had a dyno graph saved from another 3rd gen, which was an automatic, but they didn't know which engine it was. It had pretty much the same curve, just lower peak #'s.

This is just the begining of modifying/tuning this engine, so I'll probably do stuff in steps and see what happens to that curve.

My plan right now goes like this:
1. Toofast IM, TB, and Spacer.
2. Custom Intake, High Flow Cat, Thermal Exhuast, and eliminate FIV, EACV, EGR, and Air Boost Valve (this is mostly for aesthetics, don't think there will be any significant performance gains).
3. Cams, Cam Gears, and UberData management.
4. Rebuild Head (P&P, new valves (3 angle grind?), guides, springs and retainers, possibly mill it some for higher compression)
5. Decide if I want to go Turbo or full N/A and build the bottom accordingly.

#36 ·
Daily Interlude said:
I hope you're right! I don't have the Type S engine but the only thing I'm missing is the compression...

I was at the shop today checking out this sick skyline and I asked the guy about the accord. He said it was a Type S. I asked him an estimate on how a lude would do with a h22 in there... he said it should be close to 14's on a base h22 engine. then he said something that made my heart pump "I have a INX in my garage waiting for a Type R engine. everything is custom on that bitch" lol If I ever see it I'll get my boxers pregnant and then take pics.

#37 ·
team123luder said:
Daily Interlude said:

I was at the shop today checking out this sick skyline and I asked the guy about the accord. He said it was a Type S. I asked him an estimate on how a lude would do with a h22 in there... he said it should be close to 14's on a base h22 engine. then he said something that made my heart pump "I have a INX in my garage waiting for a Type R engine. everything is custom on that b****" lol If I ever see it I'll get my boxers pregnant and then take pics.
Ha! Sorry dude I don't want to see pics of you impregnating your underwear :roll:

#40 ·
team123luder said:
Daily Interlude said:

I was at the shop today checking out this sick skyline and I asked the guy about the accord. He said it was a Type S. I asked him an estimate on how a lude would do with a h22 in there... he said it should be close to 14's on a base h22 engine. then he said something that made my heart pump "I have a INX in my garage waiting for a Type R engine. everything is custom on that b****" lol If I ever see it I'll get my boxers pregnant and then take pics.
Well, since everything is the same engine and drivetrain wise with a 4th gen, a 3rd gen should do at least mid 14's since it's so much lighter. There was someone who actually did the swap with only basic bolt ons and ran mid 14's to confirm this. With weight reduction (his was full interior) and the mods I have, I should be able to get into the 13's easily with tuning, maybe even right now. Feels like it's that fast!

team123luder said:
ha I meant the car. anywho the shop is called J's Racing... ever heard of it? Ever see the mag called Import Racer? one of thier recent ones had a CRX with a K20 engine. They helped build it, just gay a#% autolink took credit for it.
A buddy and I where tossing around the idea of making mounts for the H22 and then even going as far as making a kit to do a K20. Just talk for now but watch out what 2 3rd gen prelude nuts can do! Heck, we did a 3rd gen engine install and an H22 auto to manual tensioner swap in a day!

#41 ·
Did you pull the engine Jason? Get me some blue prints of the mounts or drawings and measurements. I thought about it some more also. Only thing is cutting the steel for the mounts. I don't have anything that will cut something that thick. Any ideas?

#44 ·
team123luder said:
If you got a K20 into the lude I will seriously ask for you hand in marriage HA! Man those things are insane.
Man.... does everything have to do with intercourse with you? :lol:

orgasms, having sex with car parts, marrying people just because they do crazy swaps :roll:

#47 ·
buck19 said:
i think i might be the first to hit 170whp with a b21. muahahaha. na that is.
It will never happen. Although I do hope you prove me wrong.

#48 ·
Kalm_Traveler said:
team123luder said:
If you got a K20 into the lude I will seriously ask for you hand in marriage HA! Man those things are insane.
Man.... does everything have to do with intercourse with you? :lol:

orgasms, having sex with car parts, marrying people just because they do crazy swaps :roll:
LMFAO!

man...this thread hasnt gone off topic or anything :lol:

#49 ·
Dude you're right... I think I need professional help or something.... I think it could also be the fact that I work with nothing but guys and they are all single horny little mexicans.... (i'm a mexIcan also so no offense) anywho that's all they talk about so I'm guessing it's rubbing off. If I offend anyone of you I'm seriously sorry.

YEAH RIGHT :wink: !!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.