Honda Prelude Forum banner

3g eBay/Craigslist Finds

367K views 1K replies 220 participants last post by  followFREEMAN 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
We get a ton of threads that are neat finds for third gen goodies on ebay...so hopefully this thread will keep it a little more organized. Absolutely no discussion on this thread. Use PMs or start your own thread for discussion. As the auctions end, I will go through and delete the now useless post.

Please post an accurate description and link.

#1,010 ·
#1,018 ·
#1,019 ·
Hi, newbie here, not sure if belongs in this thread but could anyone look at this & tell me if it looks legit or too good to be true? got for £1700, full honda history up to 99k

i've vehicle checked it, MOT checked back to 2003 & hpi checked etc & all looks good.

i know i wont know until i actually go & view it in person but
thought id ask the experts incase any alarm bells rang.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1990-HOND...J3ZUgty%2BBL3xc%2FOCc%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Many thanks

Josh

#1,020 ·
I don't have any reason to think it's not legitimate. It looks like it's been repainted, so you'll want to check it over closely to see if you can find any evidence of impact damage.

I don't know what 3rd gen Preludes in your area normally sell for in this condition/mileage. But I will say that this is an auction, so the selling price depends on what the bidders are willing to pay for it. GBP 1700 translates to about $2100 USD. I've seen them sell for that where I live. I've also seen people asking more than that for a car in much worse condition.

#1,023 ·
The link he gave to the CTR rear uppers is exactly what he said, the rear uppers for the 3G.

#1,027 ·
Yes & yes.

As long as you understand what you're getting you won't get better.

#1,028 ·
your link sends me to a vigilink. I don't know why.

#1,029 ·
88-91 Honda Prelude Mandrel Exhaust by TruBendz - 2.5" Aluminized Steel Tubing

Just search that on Ebay

#1,031 ·
I've heard of them and people using their Civic piping kits with good results, no personal experience though. Seems like a good deal. Obviously not bolt-on, but a great way to save some time and money vs fabricating an exhaust with a box of mandrel bends and straight pipe.

#1,032 ·
I wanted to replicate the Thermal R&D exhaust but I also wanted to retain the stock looking muffler with the dual tips. I guess Ill have to figure out what resonator and length to get and muffler. I'll get this piping to mock one up.

#1,033 ·
Resonators and silencers are all down to personal preference really.
The beauty is that you can add whatever you want for however quiet you want it.

#1,034 · (Edited)
You can check out my garage pics if you want. It is the bigger of the two dual tip and this version has a double wall in the tips. It is magnaflow sport compact. I can get you part numbers for it and the polished magnaflow 4" o.d. 18"? 22"? inline resonator. But it wasn't cheap 8 years ago and it has gone up. Also even with the inline resonator and muffler plus my stock cat and neuspeed header it is quite loud. The resonator and muffler neither has any baffles in line to quiet it. They both have free flow and perforated tubes with there mesh around them internally. You would have to look at their website for the mesh design. It isn't fiberglass or at least not all of it so it might not be as loud as a glass pack like a cherry bomb. The only real time it is annoying to me the driver is going under an over pass and it bounces off all the concrete. It is throaty not really that much of a buzz. I have 2 1/4 non mandrel pipe but the next best thing to it. It is not the ribbed cheap bends.

For quiet some say that I forget the name as I haven't heard it in awhile I think it starts with a v? but I believe it is free flow two. Years ago I heard a baffled flow master onhere and it sounded quiet and others have said the same. That was more of a traditional muffler that would need tips added. I love the looks of mine and live with its loudness. If cops are a problem where you live for loud exhaust you can immediately on in town driving lay off the accelerator and up shift when you see one.

Performance wise I like the performance now on my b21a1. For the most part all I have done is header and exhaust and the other biggy was the integra 9.75 one piece cromoly flywheel and stage III sprung six puck f1 racing clutch and pressure plate.

I paid like a $135 shipped for the muffler and another $66 for the inline polished resonator both magnaflow but I doubt you could find them that cheap now but L.A. maybe. You can get a non polished ss inline resonator for about $10 - maybe $15 less exact same thing from magnaflow.

The hangers I got is 3/8" stainless steel with a nipple from verocious motorsports. They where on ebay and since then amazon and I am pretty sure they have a website. I also got six, 3 pair, blue polyurethane hangers off of ebay. I think they still sell them. They where around $15 a pair and really solidify the exhaust from banging around. I can run those down too for you. top speed motorsports I think. s3 part number small 3 hole. The 3rd hole is the H cutout.

Here is there website. $12.99 a pair plus shipping. Tell them you want the small version s3! The 3/8 ss rod I had bent at right angles so that it had more contact area with the muffler. That way your welding a 2" long leg on muffler and it won't break off. I think I might have a picture of this. The nipples help and make it harder to remove.

http://topspeedauto.com/universal-m...m-s-8mm-3x1-7-8-x-7-8-hole-to-hole-1-75-2pcs/

muffler: 14816 resonator: 14415

https://www.magnaflow.com/automotive-performance/mufflers/mufflers-with-tips/5-x-8-dual/products/

s.s. hangers with nipples 3/8":

http://www.verociousmotorsports.com...rsal-Exhaust-Rod-Hangers-90-Degree-3-x-9-Long

http://www.verociousmotorsports.com...versal-Exhaust-Rod-Hangers-Straight-11-5-Long

I had to use these 18" channel locks and grease to get them on then wiped away the grease. It was a bear but worth it.

#1,035 ·
#1,036 ·
This might be one of the cleanest, the best preserved Honda Accord in existence.
!!!! Alright we need to get a posse of guys together and firebomb this place.

#1,037 ·
In fairness it is definitely the best Accord I've seen!

#1,038 ·
haha

Under item specifics they got it listed: body style: hatchback :rocketwhore:

lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.