Honda Prelude Forum banner

Bouncing RPM

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  2oprelude00 
#1 ·
I have this issue started couple months ago and now it got worse and worse.

Here's the video below so you get the idea:

This issue happens when normal cruising on the highway and in the city. However, pressed a little more gas, the RPM stay NORMAL and same goes when I let go the gas as well.

I've replaced or checked the following:
-Spark plugs
-Spark plug wires
-Ignition Coil
-Swapped whole Distributor included ICM
-I went to Autozone and Advanced Auto Part to have them test my alternator. Both came out ‘passed’.
-Replaced battery last month

That's all I can think of.

So, does anyone have a clue related this issue????

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like an electrical issue with the cluster. Obviously, it is not a problem with anything under the hood because it would be impossible for the motor to change rpm that quickly.

#6 ·
From my understanding, I had swapped the whole Distributor which included ICM as well. It does the same issue. However, I don’t believe there is any issue related cluster. That being said, there were slightly jerks when cursing normal highway speed. I have a feeling I might have a bad TPS???

#12 ·
my money would be bad coil ive worked at honda for a year now and have seen many cars including my car do this. there is a tsb that has been out for a while on this ill try to pull it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.