Exhibition of Speed - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #1
ludezp
Lude Dude

ludezp is on a distinguished road
Exhibition of Speed

So I was cruising on saturday night when a 2007 black honda civic si pulls up next to me. When the light turns I hit it and so does he. We get to about 50 when there is a pig sittin on a side street. So the cop comes flying out and decides to pull me over instead of the civic that was closer to him. Bad news is I get an exhibition of speed ticket... At least I kept up with the si the whole time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
coprelude.net
ludezp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
MustardCat
Memento Mori

MustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the Internet

Lol.
MustardCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
BDoggPrelude
Future S2000 Owner

BDoggPrelude will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month

Great. How old are you? You might be screwed. Most counties in Colorado don't take that shit lightly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<-Colorado Prelude Owners Come Here!
BDoggPrelude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2008, 02:04 PM   #4
Tenzin
True Luder

Tenzin is on a distinguished road
I was at a red light once and i just pushed to around 50mph not knowing the car next to me was a cop.i think the limit was 30mph. it was some sort of undercover ford car but he gave me a warning though. asking do you know how fast you were going and do i know the speed limit. i said i was going 40 and the speed limit is 40. lol

Last edited by Tenzin; 03-02-2008 at 02:05 PM. Reason: error
Tenzin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #5
jonbar87
Lude Boss

jonbar87 will become famous soon enough
i hate cops
Old 03-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #6
Dicorp
Lude Addict

Dicorp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbar87 View Post
i hate cops
sometimes yes, sometimes no. i hate how they're anal about exhaust/tint/stereos. but the few times i've been in an accident, they were always very helpful and polite.
and i'd wish every1 would stop comparing the lude to the new SI. our cars are at the least 7 years old.my 4th gen is 13 years old. SIs are brand new, weigh less, make same HP. but its still a civic, and every1 drives one.
-Yonaka Motorsports 2.25" Stainless Catback
-Eibach Sportlines on KYB AGX
-Apex'i VAFC II

Last edited by Dicorp; 03-02-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Dicorp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
Preludesi_2004
Elite Member

Preludesi_2004 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Preludesi_2004

you hate cops for protecting us from idiots like you that speed down the highway?

Sure i do it, when NO one is around. In a town like this its empty at 12-1.

Now on some things like mentioned above for tint, exhaust etc they can be a little anal.

Check out my Clay bar tutorial

Toyota MR2 Turbo - Sold

03 suzuki Gsx-r600 - Sold
08 Scion TC Totaled by some asshole

05 Subaru WRX Sti (very soon
)
Preludesi_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2008, 09:40 PM   #8
ludezp
Lude Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BdoggPrelude View Post
Great. How old are you? You might be screwed. Most counties in Colorado don't take that shit lightly.
Iam 17 and a dumbass for racing on busy streets. One of my buddies got the same ticket a few weeks before me so at least when he goes to court first I will know what I got coming to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbar87 View Post
i hate cops
^Iam with you

coprelude.net
Old 03-17-2008, 09:37 AM   #9
ludezp
Lude Dude

court sucks dick

Went to court today and got 4 points off my license and a $120 fine.
It was originally 5 points and $185 fine so guess I got off a little better but not much.

coprelude.net
Old 03-19-2008, 08:45 AM   #10
twinduct
Me+you+your friend=fun

twinduct is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to twinduct

exhibition of speed ticket just a fancy name for a speeding ticket or some special type of ticket in Colorado?
twinduct is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2008, 09:09 AM   #11
tacticalcustoms
Lude Cray

tacticalcustoms is on a distinguished road
cops are great when they are not pulling you over for non-moving violations.

tacticalcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #12
91_2.0_Si
iHeart iVTEC

91_2.0_Si is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 91_2.0_Si Send a message via Yahoo to 91_2.0_Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalcustoms View Post
cops are great when they are not profiling you just because you drive a Honda.
fixed it.

I've honestly had nothing but good experiences (except 1) with gettin pulled over. But i still catch flak from cops, they still like to follow me just b/c it says Honda on the trunk, and the way it looks. seriously, FUCK cops if they are gonna profile. profile in cities where you are trying to bust drug dealers, don't profile me so you can follow me around while I do nothing wrong, and waste your fucking time when that cop couldv'e been catching someone actually doing something illegal. I see cars blow through red lights, stop signs, do all kinds of illegal shit, but do they get busted? NOPE. but when i'm obeying all the laws of the road cops like to pull u-turns on me b/c of my fucking window tint. then give me a warning for it!?!? he was nice, and cool, but still a jackass in my mind.

91_2.0_Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #13
mrcow32
Getting Comfortable

mrcow32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinduct View Post
exhibition of speed ticket just a fancy name for a speeding ticket or some special type of ticket in Colorado?
It has nothing to do with speed, actually, it's more of a reference to burnouts, squealing tires, not having control over the car, etc.

I was passing through a small town here in CO a while back and at a stoplight I let out the clutch a little too fast and made the tires squeak (crappy tires). A traffic cop on the other side of the intersection took it upon himself to pull me over and yell at me for 'drag racing' and 'doing rear wheel drive burnouts' on a public street. Gave me an Exhibition of Speed ticket and guaranteed me I'd lose my license. I just smiled and nodded and told him I'd see him in court.

What's best is the idiot even made sure to write 'rear-wheel drive burnout resulting in the rear fishtailing across 2 lanes' on the ticket. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with that description? Needless to say, my lawyer thought it was pretty funny and it got thrown out very easily. The look on the judge's face as he saw a description of the car and the description of the violation was priceless.
mrcow32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #14
91_2.0_Si
iHeart iVTEC

91_2.0_Si is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 91_2.0_Si Send a message via Yahoo to 91_2.0_Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcow32 View Post
It has nothing to do with speed, actually, it's more of a reference to burnouts, squealing tires, not having control over the car, etc.

I was passing through a small town here in CO a while back and at a stoplight I let out the clutch a little too fast and made the tires squeak (crappy tires). A traffic cop on the other side of the intersection took it upon himself to pull me over and yell at me for 'drag racing' and 'doing rear wheel drive burnouts' on a public street. Gave me an Exhibition of Speed ticket and guaranteed me I'd lose my license. I just smiled and nodded and told him I'd see him in court.

What's best is the idiot even made sure to write 'rear-wheel drive burnout resulting in the rear fishtailing across 2 lanes' on the ticket. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with that description? Needless to say, my lawyer thought it was pretty funny and it got thrown out very easily. The look on the judge's face as he saw a description of the car and the description of the violation was priceless.
that's cops falsifying police reports, happens all the time, they just like to write what they saw in la la land. glad yours' got taken care of. one of mine the cop wrote that i crossed into the other lane and was 2 feet from the sidewalk...when in reality (not la la land) it was more like, two feet over the double yellow (it was around a turn, and I was trying to stealthly put on my seatbelt b/c i saw a cop was behind me).

91_2.0_Si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2008, 12:27 PM   #15
talon223
MK2 GTi Driver

talon223 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to talon223 Send a message via MSN to talon223

cue in harmonichonda, defender of the defenders of the peace.

talon223 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2008, 04:47 PM   #16
PublicEnemy
FE3 VVT

PublicEnemy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by talon223 View Post
cue in harmonichonda, defender of the defenders of the peace.
LOL!
PublicEnemy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2008, 02:31 PM   #17
ODU_Lude
True Luder

ODU_Lude is on a distinguished road
be glad you guys are in the communist-wealth of virginia. any cop, including our state troopers will go out of their ways to ticket you for tint. if you have exhaust... well. you get one of those too.
ODU_Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2016, 08:31 AM   #18
Avosausage

Avosausage is on a distinguished road
I think I'm pretty lucky here in Houston, Texas lol. My SH has tint, exhaust, stereo, high beam on my right headlight since low is out (high not working on left but low does) and my licence plate inside on the dash by the front windshield lol, which my friends always ask if I get pulled over for it, which I haven't. Cops see me all the time since I pass by schools on my way home since I'm a 17 year old high school senior, who still has a learners permit! xD I've never been stopped before, but have had encounters with HPD and Precint 6 this one time my ride battery went out and I was blocking a left turn lane. Officer was very polite and was behind me, directing traffic to not hit me. Sure, cops can be rude and stuff, but not all are like that
Avosausage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2016, 09:56 PM   #19
Mephastapholes
Elite Member

Mephastapholes is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mephastapholes

I've never had any problems with Fairfax VA PD, most professional group of men and women I've even met. They're insane when it comes to writing tickets and jackin people up... But when you start to own shit, I mean really own shit, you'll be glad they're insane. They keep that criminal element contained in Southeast D.C. where they belong and out of my neighborhood...

Now, Anne Arundel County MD, I've actually gotten into physical altercations with police because of their shitty attitude. Cop or not, there are things you can't say to a grown man.
Advertisement