Honda Prelude Forum banner

Benny's UKDM BA2 Prelude - Project Shakotan.

49K views 319 replies 35 participants last post by  cboutilier 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm Benny and I've just taken ownership of one of my favourite Honda's so far!

Give you an idea of my Previous Honda's Here's my DC2 (USDM Style)

And my most recently completed and Mag featured HellaFlush CRX del sol

Now onto the good stuff!

1987 BA2 Mk2 Prelude 2.0i-16

One of the last Mk2's made it has a non-VTEC B20 engine, Cool as fark factory single wiper, Shagpile carpets, SUPER comfy seats, optional amazing squidgy spoiler and . . . . . FLIPPY LIGHTS!!!!! Haha

Actually LOVE this car already. It drives like new, no really, it does.

54K on the clocks and it's pretty much the definition of immaculate.

Plans are:

To lower ASAP

Source an HKS Windmaster exhaust

Find some temporary track wheels

Source some old skool Deep dish SSR wheels 15x8 ET's in the minus's

Then get them to fit lol

Time for some pics!

Retro wheels!

Single wiper! + weird bonnet spoiler thing

LOOOOVE the spoiler

Interior is IMMACULATE

Woot! :D

My questions to you lovely people are:

Will 3G suspension fit?

As BC Racing make a Coilover Kit for the 3G and not the 2G.

How can I avoid the UCA Fouling the body without cutting the struts up?

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#191 · (Edited)
Sounds good! I've no idea what most of that means, gutted your not local so I can watch the magic happen!

Am I ordering the Cam gears and FPR ect? Is there anything else you need from me?

Well apart from the top part of this:

New OBX-R Mani! It's quite nicely made actually. But I think the bottom part has to be cut doesn't it? To make it fit the Gen 2 as it's for a Gen 3 'lude.

Also My adapters came back from Superforma, Had extended studs fitted to them as the SSR Mk1's are 23mm thick and I couldn't get enough turns on the nuts.

I'm running Rays open ended nuts so there is no problem about them being too long.

#194 · (Edited)
exhaust

Yeah they do look good can't complain for the money, and yes I have the cam gears but can you get the FPR I don't need this though you can fit yourself at time of engine fitting. FSE power boost valve has a adapter that fits onto the fuel rail most are the same for 80's honda's, then get a pressure gauge that you can fit to it so you know what it's set to overall.

The exhaust manifold downpipe will need to be modded by your exhaust chap so just send me the top half and I'll make sure it fits and matches the head, then when the engine is in and the old exhaust fitted take it down to your man for him to fit the top half back on and then cut and re weld the downpipe to fit properly. Not sure if you want to leave the stock system off and tow it down there or if you leave the stock system on. Don't forget to send me the exhaust manifold gasket that comes with the header as I'll need to match that as well to the head!

BTW this may take a little longer than anticipated now apart from all the time consuming scrubbing some C**t of a French lorry driver decided to side swipe me on the M25 last night so I'm gonna be busy with having to sort that little old mess out!! Luckily it isn't too bad car is still driveable but needs a new rear passenger door and lower half of rear quarter replaced, no suspension damage fortunately!! But still really annoying non the less!!

#195 ·
Got fed up of seeing her sat on axle stands so while the last few weeks of the engine getting built is happening I thought I'd see how it sat.

IN LOVE.

The front is sitting high because . .

The Mirror is wonky because I was taking them off to . . . ..

Mirror delete and Wing mount mirror. It suits it really well when you see it in the metal.

I used some textured acrylic to make some blanking plates up to cover the holes left.

So happy! :D

#196 ·
like very much.

Waiting to see someone rolling with the wing mirrors. I've been thinking about them for a long time now.

Z

#202 ·
pics yay!

After stripping down spare block and original head ready for machining and washing

After washing given a good scrubbing by wire brush ready for painting!

All masked up and ready to paint!

All the internal parts cleaned and scrubbed!

Good as new again now just to let it dry nice and hard and stop stinking so much before I move it indoors to be built!!

Nice clean head all the bearing surfaces all nice and smooth and shiny again!!

#205 ·
A lot of action here boys.

5 and a half weeks and I hit your shores... Hopefully someone takes me for a rip in a UK lude :tounge:

#207 ·
Made a start on the exhaust system today!

Still waiting for my centre box to arrive and can't connect it up to the mani yet as the engine has to be in for that.

So we just went as far as we could.

Here's a crappy pic of how it's going to look

#208 ·
Exhaust system

Nice what size piping did you use? When you shipping over the header?

Here's a pic of the camshaft retainers after being resurfaced pretty much back to new again couple of tiny marks left but smooth enough not to cause any issues now!! Main thing is all the embedded bearing material is gone!!

#210 ·
Tried my hand at the new brake piping. Never done it before ever and I'm yet to test it as I'm waiting on the old ALB pump feed fitting from the Master cylinder to be blocked off then I'll bleed it and check for leaks.

Now I have lost loads of weight and there is room for my ARC intake. :D

#213 ·
Very interesting! I just picked up a Wilwood combo/prop valve to go with the booster delete on my never ending project 'lude. The plan is to put it right next to the MC to keep the lines short, and to replace ALL the factory lines with new copper/nickel lines. A single line to the rear will run down the driver's side and tee off to each side under the rear seat. This should reduce the length of brake line needed significantly.

C|

#216 ·
Looks good matey! Cannot wait to have the engine back in! Ahhhhhh! :)

Little purchase I made . . . Mmmm Carbon Kevlar . . .

The seat was made in '92 so not toooooo far from my 80's period theme. It suits it pretty well inside thanks to the grey suede shoulder pads. It's SILLY light.

Just need some side mounts now and a super rare old skool looking harness. Probably buy a new harness as buying an 80's harness probably isn't a good idea lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.