Honda Prelude Forum banner

Fusebox Relocation

23K views 68 replies 34 participants last post by  schmitty 
#1 · (Edited)
Somebody asked for this, I forget who. It's pretty picture-intensive. I did it on a 4th gen, not sure if 5th's are the same. The whole thing is pretty self-explanatory though.
*And of course... it's not my fault if you ruin your car trying to do this*

Parts:
1)About 7 ft. of 4 ga. wire
2)Two terminal connectors for 4 ga. wire

3)One 4 gauge wire connector like this: (technical name is splicer reducers)

(just need one of the brass things and heat shrink, you can find them at menards)
4)Electrical tape, wire stripper, etc.

Procedure:
Make sure the battery is disconnected before you begin.

1. Remove the fusebox. I believe there are 2-3 10mm bolts. Should be self explanatory getting it out.

2. Take off the two wires screwed onto the fusebox.

3.Unplug the four connectors from the bottom of the fusebox.

4.Pull out the grommet from the firewall. You'll probably have to cut the middle of it out like in this picture:

5.Feed the 4 connectors inside the car through that hole. It's a real pain, especially if you have the blower motor for your a/c. It's easiest if you grab the middle of the group of wires from inside the car and pull it that way instead of trying to feed it in by pushing the connectors down the hole. So, basically pull on this thing to try to get the wires in:

6.Once they are in, reconnect them. Then run a wire from the positive battery terminal to the left screw on the fusebox. Use the same hole in the firewall to get it in the car. Also, use one of the 2 copper wire connectors to attach this wire to the fusebox.

From here:

To the left screw here:

7.Finally, extend the wire that goes from the right screw on the fusebox. I cut the old wire in the engine bay, before the firewall. Use the brass wire connector to attach the two wires and don't forget to put the heat shrink on before you attach them.

8.You can find a way to attach the fusebox inside if you want. Mine just sits there and gets covered with the carpet. I tell people not to kick it.

Congrats, you're done.

Clean!

Lemme know if I forgot anything. It's a little harder to do a write-up a while after you did something. Good luck :Rock:.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.