Honda Prelude Forum banner

rust on the arch near the back wheel

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  BillyR 
#1 ·
Hey it's sad that my 2000 pearl white prelude is starting to bubble and rust! I went to autozone to see if there was anything i could do but found nothing! By the way they have most touch up colors for the lude but not one for pearl white. I also went to an autobody shop and they said no matter what you did (besides replacing the whole back), the rust will come back so painting was not an option. Is there any possible thing you can do to correct this rust? It's just a lil and i want to treat it before it gets worse. As of now i constantly clean it with oil to try to save it!

#8 ·
that doesn't look to bad...you could prolly get away with sanding it down and painting over. anything more serious, you gotta cut.

#9 · (Edited)
Ok I was a little worried for a second. I'm gonna talk to my buddy who used to work in a body shop and see if he can't get it prepped for me so all I have to pay for is paint. Oh and does anyone know if people are just taking off that rubber molding in the rear arch? I was thinking about just doing that so water doesn't stay in there.

#17 · (Edited)
Yes..that is honda birth mark and i guss that is their lifespan 0f 10ys. every honda 7yrs or older has experences rust issue on the rear pannel if you dont take car of it...espically if you ride it during winter and dont wash it. Mine is starting to bubble up on the driver side and rust under the door on the passenger side even though i wash my car 2 times a week. Guess its the previous owner who didnt take car of it. Even though if you did fix it..it wont line correctly with the wheels (perfect circle around the wheel). I was thinking about fixing mine too because i still own money on it...but since you guys talk about it..it prob useless to fix it anyway since it will start to rust again. For those of you who has fix it..how is it...pretty good..just like new..unalign? Plus how much did it cost to replace or fix the rust on the rear pannel..I think i can replace the door so that isn't a big issue for me just the rear that im worried about.

I was wondering if honda has solve these rusting issues as of date...if not..the lude might be my last honda i ever own.

My 96 camry couple hasn't rust on me yet..

#19 ·
#20 ·
tanks for everyones help and input! i care alot about my car and get paranoid about every little thing that happens to it. I try to take the best care of it but the amount of snow and salt during the winter kills me. Even after i wash it the next day its snowing again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.