5th Gen_ SHluding's OEM+ build - Page 3 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-07-2017, 12:09 PM   #51
SHLuding
Lude Dude

SHLuding is on a distinguished road
Sidemarker Update

A small thing I went ahead and did was order some clear sidemarker lights for the front bumper of my car. I ordered them from Extremeprelude.com. http://www.extremeprelude.com/featured/2/ I have always had really good service from them and the aftermarket stuff they carry always seem to be the best you can get for these cars.
The install was pretty basic. Just one screw and thats it. I also replaced the bulbs with some of the 194 size LED's I had leftover from my other LED related endeavors. Here are the pictures of them installed.

Overall, the clear sidemarkers really clean up the look of these cars. Especially on a white car. The fit and finish of them was surprisingly good. They fit nearly as good as the OEM stanley lenses. Certainly well enough for you to not notice a difference any more than 6 inches away.

Last edited by SHLuding; 04-07-2017 at 12:11 PM.
SHLuding is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2017, 11:48 PM   #52
Tintin10
Getting Comfortable

Tintin10 is on a distinguished road
Looks great - Keep up the good work.

What is next on the list?
Tintin10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 12:49 AM   #53
SHLuding
Lude Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin10 View Post
Looks great - Keep up the good work.

What is next on the list?
Thanks very much. First tint (which is already done in this photo, but i just haven't written the post yet), then I am gonna get the dent on the front left fender done, then lightweight flywheel and synchrotech trans, then wheels and tires potentially. Im still not sure what I am gonna do with those RSX type s ones. I am getting to the point where the order of things is mattering less for me personally. So far I really wouldn't do anything differently. I am very happy with the car. Have you made a build thread for your car officially?

Old 04-10-2017, 01:38 AM   #54
Tintin10
Getting Comfortable

Tintin10 is on a distinguished road
Only this one:

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...457&highlight=

I suppose it should be moved to builds section.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tintin10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2017, 12:21 AM   #55
SHLuding
Lude Dude

Tinting Everything

I have been wanting to tint my car for some time now, and finally I was able to get a day off to go and get it done. I took to the car to a local tint shop which had excellent Yelp reviews and good word of mouth from a few of my other friends who had gone there.

They had a few demos for tint darkness set up inside and I eventually decided to go with a 25% llumar ceramic tint for the 4 side windows and the back window. In addition to that I also had them put a clear ceramic tint over the front windshield to help keep the heat out as well as protect the dashboard and other parts of my interior. Here are the results.

I honestly couldn't be happier with the tinting. I am very satisfied with the 25% darkness, it isn't so much as to be a cop magnet but it also gives a lot of added privacy. It is easy to see through at night as well. The ceramic tint is what surprised me the most though. It wasn't so much that the car felt cooler after being parked for a long time, but the AC felt like it worked far more effectively as it isn't having to fight the incoming heat as much. To be honest I didn't really go for the ceramic tint for my own personal comfort so much as I did it to help preserve the dash and door panels. I want this car to last as long as possible and as such I am doing things in anticipation of the future.

Last edited by SHLuding; 04-17-2017 at 01:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement