Honda Prelude Forum banner

Latest Dyno Results - H22 w/ Type-S Pistons, Skunk2 Pro2 Cams, Tri-Y 4-2-1 Header,etc

30K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Mike95lude 
#1 ·
Went back to the same dyno yesterday, that I used way back in Sept. 2009 for the original dyno session, with Marshall (92TypeR on honda-tech) to see what the results of my current setup would be and try playing with the cam gears a bit. We were short on time, so only had a chance to try two different cam gear settings. Our first dyno pull before any tuning netted us 231whp and ~160wtq, if I recall correctly.

Setup changes worth mentioning since the last dyno are:
-Private Label Mfg. Tri-Y 4-2-1 Header (previous was GReddy Header w/ 2.5" modified collector)
-3" Short Ram Intake w/ Blox Velocity Stack & Filter (previous was 3" Fujita F5 Cold Air Intake, no velocity stack)

And here is a before/after comparing one of our graphs from our previous dyno session back in 2009 to yesterday:

I am definitely quite pleased with the gains. Clearly this setup is working pretty well....better than I had expected :)

Mike

See less See more
#10 ·
Thanks! I didn't expect the header to make such a difference honestly. I figured my GReddy 4-2-1 wouldn't be too bad since I had modified the collector to 2.5".

Nice numbers Mike! I plan on getting a set of 11.5:1 CR Mahles pistons too to get that power. I have the same setup you have except I do not have the pistons yet.
Nice! Did you find a good shop that has the proper tooling to hone our FRM cylinder walls? I wanted to go with those pistons too, but no machine shops in my area seemed to be able to hone FRM cylinders.

pretty damn good numbers. nice job man

Nice hp gain from adjusting the cam setting.
Thanks! Definitely most of the gain was from the header. I think we only gained about 4-5whp peak from tuning the cam gears. We only tried two different cam gear settings on the dyno due to time constaints.

#9 ·
Chassis: '94 Prelude VTEC (BB1)

Engine: ('95 H22A1 rebuilt with the following parts at ~85k miles)
-JDM Prelude Type-S Pistons (11:1 c/r) - Std bore, dropped right in, no hone
-Eagle Rods
-OEM Crank Pulley
-Kaizenspeed Balance Shaft Eliminator kit
-Skunk2 Pro 2 Camshafts
-Skunk2 Tuner Cam Gears
-Skunk2 Pro Valve Springs w/ Spring base kit & Titanium Retainers
-OEM Valves
-Skunk2 Intake Manifold
-Professional Products 68mm Throttle Body
-3" Short Ram Intake w/ BLOX Velocity Stack & Filter

Fuel:
-Precision 440cc Injectors
-OEM Fuel Pump
-OEM FPR

Exhaust:
-Private Label Mfg. Tri-Y 4-2-1 Header
-Magnaflow Spun Metallic 3" High Flow Cat
-Custom 3" Cat-back Exhaust with 2 resonators and Dynomax VT Muffler

Transmission:
-Competition Clutch Lightweight Flywheel (13.65 lbs)
-Exedy Stage 1 Organic Racing Clutch
-OBX LSD

Tuned by 92TypeR on eCtune (P28 ECU)

#14 ·
lord oh MIGHTY, you gained 22whp from tuning with the new header and cam gear adj. thats insane. i can't believe that header boosted hp that high. can't wait for a legit tune with no time constraint.
that greddy was really choking you up
Yeah, very impressed by the gains with the header change. Would be interested in finding out how much more I could gain with futher cam gear tuning. :)

#16 ·
Great job Mike !

Is this guy on E85? (sorry if i missed that)

Yeah tuning with limited time stucks cause you always wonder how much more it could of made.
92 octane pump gas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.