Honda Prelude Forum banner

exhaust options

716 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rjudgey 
#1 ·
hey guys its been a while since ive posted on here. been lurking around just haven't had time or money to mess with the old lude. but with winter here and thinking of plans for the spring/summer.

the old girl needs a new exhaust system. ive a lightspeed header and exhaust system on it now but its falling apart and the header itself has holes in it and leaks. my question is should I have a custom exhaust system made? (which could get pricey) or try to find a performance header and downpipe and just have the piping made? I found an obx racing sports ss exhaust system (4-1 design) for relatively cheap. I just know that around here its gonna cost a lot to have a header made for it so id say buying a performance header and making the rest of the system would be the cheaper option but what would give me the most power for the price?

thanks guys!

#2 ·
ok so not exhaust related but just looking around I was on a website I bought my rod and main bearings from for when I put my motor together and from what I just looked at the main bearings for our cars are the same as f22(a1, a4, a6, b1, and b6),h22a1, and h23a1 which I thought was kind of odd but the rod bearings don't match anything else.

o and I used a website called importperformanceparts.net and they are no longer in business. I used them to buy the topline pistons and toga rod and main bearings. which I can no longer find either on the net. so just some food for thought and figured I would let you guys know

#4 ·
Bearings

Main bearings on A20/A18/ET/BT are unique to this engine hard to find good ones from ACL now best go with King Bearings or similar quality brand. The Rod bearings though you can use for B16/18 which ACL still make and do ACL race series in which are ultra tough and I can back that up as I've used them to 200bhp and even had bits of alluminium break off a piston and they just obsorbed the fine particles and became part of the bearing without damaging the crank!

Exhaust wise try and see if you can get a Pacesetter header and system if not and your car is good nick and you are keeping it long term then I'd just go stainless some places are pretty good and aren't that pricey, I'd look for std Header port it out and polish it up on inside and have custom downpipes and system made to fit it. I have had ones done on all three of my ludes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.