Honda Prelude Forum banner

H22 swapped accord guy tries to tell me whats up

4K views 75 replies 19 participants last post by  JLude 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, just a rant guys. I just had some guy my step brother brought over who has a 93 accord with an h22 motor. Claims that usdm motors come stock with like a 9.5 compression ratio. His intake was pretty much on the TB. I tried to tell him..that its too short and your intake needs to be longer. He's like..it doesnt matter. Im like..umm..okay? *lol* Then he's like..do you have an o2? Im like..huh? He's like do u have an o2. Im like..umm..yea one o2 sensor. *lol* Hence obd1. He's like..yea i ran a 13.2. I didnt doubt that, but like..well..okay. Then he also told me that running boost alters the compression ratio of the car. *lol* im like..WHAT?!!! Then he continued to tell me that preludes can only run 3pis max boost. Im like..what?! *lol* Okay..you and i all know thats total garbage. Seen plenty of pple run over 7psi stock motor, stockblock. It's all based on the tune i told him...

Also, his motor is stock. Just a custom fuel rail..a DC sport header, which he claims has been modified. *lol* A joke. I tried to tell him it's a pos w/o actually saying that so i wudnt hurt his feelings. Sure looked like a regular dc ebay header to me *lol* Oh btw, he dynoed at 260whp he claims with a honda s200......riiight. *lol* Stock block and internals with just a balance shaft removal and h2b tranny. *sigh* He continued to tell me that it's all the in tranny. He has a stage 3 act clutch, 11 lbs.. blah..blah. Im like..where do i start with this guy. He kept asking me these stupid questions that of course theres no real answer, but the questions are bogus to begin with. Then you start to 2nd guess yourself and your like..NO..NO.....
ANyone with a walmart wing and evo hood scoop is someone i def wont believe. *lol*

damn ricers. Just made my head hurt and im like..wait..what?! lol..nitrous changes compression ratio and isnt flammable? What? lol

So this clown continues to tell me that he ran 260whp with stock block and head and it's all in the tranny. He kept asking telling me I should get a final drive train..blah. It just hurt my head. He asked me what i top out at. Once again i was like uhh..what? Then i figured out it's where i redline, i told him 8k. He said he's able to make hp at 8200 cuz of the ..u guessed it tranny. He also said he's running a stage 3 act clutch. I asked him if it was heavy. He said..no. So then he went to show me how stiff..but reved up the motor instead....which was funny, cuz what does the clutch stiffness have to do with reving the motor. Which the car sounded like shit. *lol*

Idk.this is why i dont hang out with car pple usually. They're usually assholes or ricer idiots.

end rant

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
maybe this wasnt for the 5th gen section, but this was about this guy offering to tune my prelude which is a 5th gen. Kinda how it started. After this fiasco, i was like.yea..NO. Maybe a mod can move this to the general section.
Sorry my head hurts from this fool.

#3 ·
LOL Awesome. Yeah I agree with you. Most "car people" are idiots. It takes time to find people that actually know stuff and are worth talking to. Normally when I am around people talking about cars, I keep my mouth shut. An idiot will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience. No reason to go through that.

#4 · (Edited)
he did drag me down. It's funny, we never looked at my car. It always around his car. I'm like..there's no way im lifting my hood for this tool. Once i started to hear the bullshit, im like..oh gawd. I needa stop saying anything, because i feel like an idiot giving stupid answers. Apprently he's a memeber on here. *lol* I tried to look up his name..but no, didnt find it.

This is why i tell pple im a loner and i dont like meets or clubs, unless i know them or they're from the forums. Other then that, MORONS, every single one of them.

Usually, i just nod and am like..uh..uh...right. I shouldve known better then to answer questions. But he pushed me. I kept saying.."are you kidding" lol

#5 ·
I know how you feel. I work with this guy you makes "280whp all motor LS (not LS/vtec) built for turbo" :face2palm: I dont know what to say to him. I just smile and nod..."sweet dude"

#6 · (Edited)
yea, and you want to believe the guy, but your like..i just cant. His shit smells too nasty for me to believe. Like, one thing will sound pretty legit, but another and your thinking...WHAT? sure..if you say so.

I mean it had a stick on evo hood scoop for shit sake! lol

#7 ·
A kid I know told me I can't boost a VTEC motor and that he wants a h22 swap del sol to push 30-40lbs boost with stock internals. I just set him straight with the right information and now he is a little smarter than before.

We have to take action when people are talking out of their asses to make the car community a better thing to be a part of.

#8 · (Edited)
The guy caught me off guard. I thought he maybe drove a clean cb7 with an h22 motor. When my step bro told me he had an h22 accord. Then i met the harsh reality. The motor apprently had less miles then my car, but looked like it had 200k miles. Pift! When i asked him what header he had. He said proudly "DC" I was like..dc sucks bro. It's pretty much stock. No, but he claimed it had modified runners. ...really?!
When someone tells me that boost alters compression ratio and that he made 260whp becuz of a some old civic tranny, im just like..*face palm* I knew this was a mistake the moment i saw his car. All these jokers dont know anything about boosting preludes. Im on the forums all the time and i know better and never boosted a car before.

I mentioned to him about usdm compression ratio and a jdm motor and then he's finally like..ohh..you could be right. Damn right man. lol I needed back up. I was like...fuck..where's blake when you need him. Haaa!

#11 ·
Boomoto. Then again you don't frequent to OT section to see his posts, if they can be called that. Yea that was off topic and probably unnecessary.

A good friend of mine drives a VW Golf GTI 1.8T

He's under the impression that just getting his ECU chipped will boost his stock motor (180hp) to over 300hp. He's just about my best friend so I just said I *highly* doubt that will happen but patiently await your results and left it at that.

#10 ·
he claims he's a member of the forum. He said..he made a thread for two. A thread or two? Probably got shut down the moment he made a thread. *lol* he said his name is velocityman or something. Hasnt showed up in the search.

#22 ·
none of that compares to what happened to me a year and a half ago. some kid at school ran into my car, trying to park next to me. while we're exchanging information, he stops, gives me this stare, and asks, "this is a civic, right?"

#24 ·
the world is ignorant

pple always ask me what my mods are. I just say, pretty much stock. Becuz when i start saying things like p28 ecu, 5spd swap..i just stop myself, becuz it always ends up coming back to the question, is it turboed and if its not, no one cares what else ive got.

2 questions i always get, is it a v6 and is it turbo'd. No more. From now on, its just..its stock. Nothing major other then what you see. End of that shit. I used to go into this whole list of shit and..i'd end up just talking to deaf ears. And if i get the..is that a civic or accord, im just gonna be like yea..thats what it is. Fucking idiots!
I know what you mean, people who act like they are car enthusiasts but clearly aren't are annoying. If you told that to a real car enthusiast then he/she would be impressed and recognize how much work it is to do things like a 5 speed swap.

#23 · (Edited)
pple always ask me what my mods are. I just say, pretty much stock. Becuz when i start saying things like p28 ecu, 5spd swap..i just stop myself, becuz it always ends up coming back to the question, is it turboed and if its not, no one cares what else ive got.

2 questions i always get, is it a v6 and is it turbo'd. No more. From now on, its just..its stock. Nothing major other then what you see. End of that shit. I used to go into this whole list of shit and..i'd end up just talking to deaf ears. And if i get the..is that a civic or accord, im just gonna be like yea..thats what it is. Fucking idiots!

#25 ·
ik. That's why im so burnt out by it. I just drive my car now go get to school and work in a nice looking, fairly comfy car. It's zippy and does the job. I told that guy, i just dont give a shit anymore about modding my car. Ive saved so much money since ive stopped. The retros were it. Ive never got more then a month w/o buy something from the lude. And its been 3-4 months. ITs a record for me.

But yea, everytime those guys come up and ask me questions, it reminds me why i dont affiliate myself with iggnorant wannabes.

#27 ·
personally, i could give a flying fuck about what anyone says or thinks, period. pp.com member or not. not because i'm arrogant or selfish but my prelude is just that, my prelude. i don't mod my prelude for the satisfaction or praise of others. i don't need to brag or compete w/ someone to appreciate my car. that's why i laugh every time some dumb kid comes zippin' by trying to race me.

#28 ·
there will always be something else to do. lol Once u get a lude the addiction starts, u start lookin for basics intake, headers, etc. some of us need jdm parts others dont mind usdm. My jdm obsesion is over lol now gotta save up to trade my base for an sh. auto tranny sucks! but im still gettin robbed by sdsu so sh is gona have to wait.

#29 ·
well I started my addiction with gram lights and now I have added up a $20,000 part list for the future. You could say I have a problem but I see it as a passion/hobby to make the sickest car in my eyes possible. I don't just enjoy doing stuff to my car but doing the research is fun too.

#32 ·
the reasearch is fun too but really necessary so that u dont waste ur money. most people want to build a great car on a really tight budget but u get what u pay for. dont expect huge gains from ebay parts. I cant stop myself from lookin for parts its an addiction ive had since i bought my lude.

#33 ·
i have a guy around that drives a ek coupe stock d16y7 and he claims his d16y7 has type-r pistons and runs 12.3 on the drag strip. then i told him with my mods the best time i ever ran was 14.4 and that i had a spare h22 in my basement. he buys it off me so he can put it in his civic, i told him the h22 would make his civic slower and put him in the mid to upper 14's and the his d16y7 with type-r pistons is faster. i got 700 for just the block and head that was knocking. then he starts calling me everyday asking me to find parts on e-bay for the swap. so i start naming off all the stuff he need for the swap, mind you all he has is the head and block. so i get up to almost 6 grand in parts and he starts freaking out. he will never have the money to swap the knocking engine in. and i did not even price the bearings yet for the block to fix the knocking. so after 2 weeks he ended up selling the engine for 200 bucks and bought a dc header for a type-r, he brought the car to a shop that does not know hondas, and had them install it, the shop took everything apart and noticed the b-series header does not fit the d-block. and still had to pay the shop for the labor. wasted money on a header that does not fit, and offered me 700 for a knocking engine. NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL A RICER.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.