Honda Prelude Forum banner

stage 5 competition clutch w/ 8lb fidanza fw

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  OrGLol 
#1 ·
i have a stage 5 competition clutch and pressure plate with a seperately purchased (duh) 8lb fidanza flywheel. the clutch disc is sprung. i love this clutch! its holding all my boosted h22 power with ease. the engagement is firm, its not harsh, it doesnt chatter. engagement is probably my favorite thing about this clutch. even with an 8lb fw, takin off from a stop is not a struggle like many people on the interwebz of honda tech "warned" me about. its totally fine and easily dailyable. no i dont chirp my tires everywhere. no i dont rev my engine to the stratosphere to get movin with the flywheel. no i dont loose boost between shifts. the clutch does however rock the engine in its mounts a bit sometimes when takin off from a stop, depending how fast i let the clutch pedal out. but i need stiffer mounts anyways, so im not disappointed about that at all. when i increase my power i wont have to buy another clutch again because i know this one will hold anything my budget can throw at it lol. i highly recommend this clutch at the very least and the flywheel if you got extra cheese.

#2 ·
That's good to hear as I have just bought the exact same, and im using the same flywheel. Some pics for others to see:

Competition Clutch Stage 5 clutch plate

I didn't think the ceramic pad would be so thin

The pressure plate

#4 ·
+1 OP
Have a stage 5, 6 puck, with 8lb fidenza,
And honestly drives smoothly throughout the power band.
But it was harsh when I had my ecu being chipped and I was running a p14;
Could tell the injectors were big.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.