Honda Prelude Forum banner

Black or White stock blades

• Black

Votes: 36 63.2%
  • White

Votes: 21 36.8%

OFFICIAL: Opinion Thread. Need an opinion? Post here!!!!!

87K views 628 replies 186 participants last post by  Wing8806 
#1 ·
We all know it's needed and we all know we are sick of a million different opinion threads.
This thread is to replace all the opinion threads that gets on all of our nerves. However, valid topics that need an opinion are also greatly encouraged, my goal is the create a very useful thread, not just a place to "sweep the annoying threads under the carpet"

Types of questions that should be in this thread:

"What wheels should I get?"
"Does this look craptastic?"
"Do you like this even though it's my car and I should get what I like?"
"make up my mind for me."
ETC.
Remember, valid topics that need opinions are more that welcome in here as well.

Please use this thread instead of everyone making a separate thread.

I will be deleting all the opinion threads in the 5th gen section from here on out.

Post your questions here and we will give you feed back. Please title your post with your question so its easy to differentiate the question and the answer. Answers must have the original question quoted in the response.

Everyone, please no flaming. This is a compromise so people can still ask for opinions and not clutter up the forum and annoy other members.

Thank you
Darren

See less See more
#3 ·
thank you this will cut down searching when im looking for info, nothing more annoying than when your looking for an answer but the first page of threads is crap just like this, nothing wrong with asking for an opinion but at 3 am when im looking for why this does that, some bs thread about an opinion related to that keyword definitely is irritating.

#19 ·
Do you drive at night in remote areas?

Anyless less than 25% in a remote area and you can't see dick.

A 5 speed swap will give you the largest gain by far. Trust me.
Yeah, there's really only one path for you. Swap the sissy-stick or just quit upgrading.

#15 ·
ugly because its not "jdm" or because they are a bit flat and boring with those centre caps? I like split rims, and its kind of hard to find japanese split rims in sweden for cheap. pay about 800 dollars just for shipping from USA is just crazy.
driving on some Rota grid 16" right now.. uuäck!

#28 ·
are you bashing my jdm obsession? lol nah i just like my calipers and rotors showing. 5, 7, or 10 spokes are my style.

My tint laws are anything in the back three and nothing in the front two. But i don't give a shit lol i have friends with the 35 5 combo and they havnt gotten tickets. Right not I got like 35 in the back three and I want darker. U think doing just th back three will look good? Is it worth the risk to get the front two?
ive had 5% in the rear and never known it was that dark and it took awhile but i got pulled over for it and had to take it all off. fronts, i wont do it. im 27 and have learned cool and safe rarely go together. eventually youll get a cop who doesnt like it at some point and will you get a ticket.

#17 ·
I just love opinions. Esp from people who think they are right. Lol

Seriously though, i need advice on what to buy next for my N/a buildup.
Car: 2000 Prelude base, SS Auto, OBD2, 63xxx miles

Current Setup: Hytech tri y rep header, high flow cat, true 2.5 inch piping, resonator, borla proxs
muffler, AEM CAI, K&N filter, disabled IABs, "e3"
plugs, mid grade wires 7.5 mm, never tuned or dynoed

I really need advice/ opinion on what i should buy/ do next to make a good power gain. The exhaust was kinda a disappointment compared to the increase i was expecting. So to "feel" the power, what should i do next?

Considering: IM, cams, ignition system

#24 ·
My tint laws are anything in the back three and nothing in the front two. But i don't give a shit lol i have friends with the 35 5 combo and they havnt gotten tickets. Right not I got like 35 in the back three and I want darker. U think doing just th back three will look good? Is it worth the risk to get the front two?

#26 ·
Here in hillbilly land, people often tint their windows differently. Front two with mirror tint, back windshield at 5% and rear two with 25% and 35%. It looks stupid and ghetto to not make it match.

#32 ·
Don't mind the crappy cell pic, but you get the idea - never had a problem with it getting a signal, and i have my xm antenna on the other side,.. never liked having these on the outside of the car. (click for larger view)

Just fed the cable through the 'crack' on the driver's side above the vents there, and ran the wire up and under the dash,.. a little bit of 3M double sided tape and it aint going anywhere :smile:

#30 ·
I know its been done before, usually on F/I setups because a few of the gears are longer and since you have a base model block it should bolt right up.

Other benefits? if you buy it, you can part it out (as long as you have at least 100 posts to part-out on this site,lol)
If the motor is good you could use you H22 head and H23 block and make an H23Vtec.

#35 ·
I have a 99 AT base model, it is a 99 with 165K on it, cold air intake, timing belt changed at 131K and tranny rebuilt at 138K. I love the car but the shift solenoid and linear solenoid need to be replaced. Paint is in good shape except fading roof. I will post pics later, but what price do you think I should ask for it?

I want to sell it and find a 5 speed, ya'll have me made scared to death of automatic transmissions.

#37 ·
So I ran into a little problem with my car. I just swapped my transmission from the 5th gen M2Y4 to the 4th Gen M2F4. Everything is good to go except I ran into a problem... I cant get my lower ball joints back where they belong. They seem of by at least an inch apiece. Is there any difference in the sizes of the transmissions? I'm not aware of any... I checked my axles and I dont think any of the joints are dislocated.

I'm at a loss here and I dont think calling Honda would be any help, the guys at the dealership dont even know the difference between an H and F series motor...

#39 ·
Kronn, are you implying it is a id10t error?? I dont like your style... :wzbigcry:

I need some solutions, I was already assuming it was a user error as it bolted into my h22 accord just fine and based on the fact that I know at least one 5th gen running a 4th tranny. When I clear up some "Car and I" time I'll look it over again.

Does anybody have a list of things to check? This isnt exactly my first rodeo, I've dropped suspension on a civic, an accord with an H and F series drivetrain, a fourth gen and now my 5th. I'm really hoping its something stupidly obvious and I just missed it because I was in a hurry to quit for the day.

#43 ·
So i found this. Please give honest opinions. Good buy? My goal is OBD1 H22a1 turbo in my 5th gen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

selling h22a1 parts.......

Built h22 head
has NEW supertech valvetrain. dual springs, titanium retainers, black nitrile coated valves STD size
0 miles on head. all machine work done at snyders machine shop(have receipt $540). valve job, resuraced, pressure tested, hot tanked.
$700 obo

also have a extra stock h22 head with stock valvetrain $120

bare block SLEEVED by AEBS $700 obo

have extra stock block but its disassembled at the monent. have everything still. $250
NEW eagle rods and JE pistons w/rings low comp 9.0 STD size. $300

NEW crower stage 2 turbo cams. part #63421T-2 $300

obd 1 h22 engine harness stock uncut $150

stock intake manifold with all sensors, fuel rail, injecters $120

OR EVERYTHING FOR $1500 FIRM

Good deal???

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

#44 ·
Not terrible deals on the head and other stuff but the OEM harness and fuel compnents I think you could find cheaper around the forums.

IIRC, AEBS sleeves are more expensive than Darton's so as long as the bare block comes with the main caps, oiling system, and girdle that isn't too bad of a deal.

The rods and pistons are a really good deal if they are new like the add says. I've heard bad things about eagle rods but I've also heard people say there is nothing wrong with them so use your own judgement after you do some searching about them. I personally thing CP makes a better piston but I wouldn't say JE's are junk or anything.

What ever you do check around about the shop's reputation who did the head work and sleeving, if they are competent could be a decent deal, if they aren't it could just fall apart on you.

#45 ·
sooooo im wondering if a jdm trunk pole is going too far. i figure i have the front pole and when im rhd im not going to be used to it so it might help. only problem i can see is it sticks out like a sore thumb. it doesnt retract like the front. but it lights up pretty and i like lights. :)