Honda Prelude Forum banner

92 prelude h22a swap with wiring problem

7K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  SNOBORDBOY 
#1 ·
hi everyone, i just got a h22a engine + tranny with ECM from a 95 prelude, but no wiring harness. we trying to put them into my 92 prelude si. can everyone tell me if i can use my original wire for the h22a? if i can, and what should i do. i also hear 95 lude has OBD2 and mines OBD1 only, so is that mean the connnections of the distributor, injector, etc etc arent different?

#2 ·
You can use the H23 wireharness for this.. you will have to run a wire for the Vtec to the ECU.. 96+ is OBD2 so you should be ok. I would use the fuel rail/injectors from the H23 since the fuel line on the H22a is on the driver side and since its an American lude it needs to be on the passengar side. Also do you know which ECU you are using? You wont be able to use the H23 ECU you can use an H22 (P13) ECU. Or you can get a P28/P72 chipped with an H22 basemap. Use the H23 dizzy since it has external coil.

#9 ·
i pullled all trany, engine and ECU from a 95 prelude SRV, so i think i have the H22a ECU. also im not really sure i what type of injectors i have coz the last owner swaped a F22B DOHC in it. as what u guys said, i needed to run few wires from ECU to VTEC soleniod and use the h22a injectors? and the dizzy on my car?

#10 ·
Yes, H22 Injectors, H22 Dizzy, H22 ECU, and add those wires in. Just make sure you get the 345cc injectors and not H23 injectors. You should be set.

Like mentioned above, 92-95 Preludes are OBD1 while 96-01 are OBD2s here in the US. But, the JDM 96 Prelude is a OBD1 in Japan. How do I know that? cause my '96 JDM H22A engine is a OBD1 and it doesn't have a CKP on the oil pump like OBD2 engines and instead its inside the dizzy. Same goes to my bro's '96 JDM GSR engine; it's OBD1 with CKP inside the dizzy.

#12 ·
Well no speedometer and no vtec, can probably both trace back to the Vehicle Speed Sensor, on the rear of the transmission. It should throw a check engine light as well.

Idle speed could be many things, there is a great thread on honda tech about idle surge, which should help you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.