The Reunion Thread. - Page 19 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:57 AM   #451
5SpdH22
I am Prelude

5SpdH22 is a jewel in the rough5SpdH22 is a jewel in the rough5SpdH22 is a jewel in the rough5SpdH22 is a jewel in the rough
hearing the recent sad news about Rash made me remember this place.

started window shopping 3rd gens a while back just to see what was out there. lots of junk though. for now I still have my IS300, an LS400, and just bought this truck a few months ago:

pouring too much time/money into my house for another project car right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
5SpdH22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2017, 02:54 PM   #452
L0B5TA
I lub Denny one tiem

L0B5TA has a spectacular aura aboutL0B5TA has a spectacular aura about
the funeral was today

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
L0B5TA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 08:44 PM   #453
Wing8806
Faptastic
Curveball Champion, Alien Clones Champion

Wing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to all
postponed to tomorrow
Wing8806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 09:15 PM   #454
71dsp
Elite Member

71dsp is a jewel in the rough71dsp is a jewel in the rough71dsp is a jewel in the rough71dsp is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouckarooo View Post
There will not be a "next owner " of my prelude.
I'm in that same boat.

BTW, who is Tony Avila? And where did this happen? Maybe I missed it.

71dsp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 09:20 PM   #455
71dsp
Elite Member

71dsp is a jewel in the rough71dsp is a jewel in the rough71dsp is a jewel in the rough71dsp is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
I was downstairs last night digging through my parts pile and organizing things. I dusted off the shortblock I bought from Billy a few years ago and added some fresh desiccant to keep things safe.
I was wondering if you still had that. You still have the Prelude, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
Now I've got a toddler running around and another one on the way for July, and I can't spend the change I used to on car parts. A few years ago, I was tearing apart cars for something fun to do during the winter months. Now I have difficulty justifying forking over dough for money making opportunities.
This is what I went through about 8 or so years ago (OMG HAS IT BEEN THAT LONG??!!). Family and work life became the focus so the car ended up sitting for a bit. Thankfully we're in much better financial condition now, and I'm hoping (HOPING) that the damn car gets finished really soon so I can hit the track again!!

Old 03-24-2017, 09:18 AM   #456
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

bouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71dsp View Post
I'm in that same boat.

BTW, who is Tony Avila? And where did this happen? Maybe I missed it.
Tony Avila is some punk ass mexicorn who runs preludenation and sells fake knock off parts. I was gonna order a tshirt one day form his site but his site crashed so I sent him an emails aying his site sucked and crashed and I couldn't order shirt as a gift for friend.

Then he became rude telling me this an that and his site is just fine, so then I went back on it and it still froze and suicked, so I clicked the parts page, and the first thing I come to is fake mugen parts being sold as legit ones.

Then when I posted on Honda Prelude, about it, he got very agry and all these other people started screaming at mne over it and how " real mugen parts are so expensive no one can afford them so its fine for him to sell fake ones," and " I buy the fake parts as no one can tell them apart form the real ones, so often ill sell the parts and make allot of money".

I couldn't believe it, fake parts beign sold, and not oonly beign sold but being accepted as better than the real ones. Blows my fukcing mind.

Fucking young people these days.

Fuck the only person who worse that TOny Avila is fuckign troy Wilson, the fuckign punk ass kids uses prelude power posts made by other people to try and promote himself as being some sort of prelude god, as well as he get shitty used parts then increases the prices of them ten fold just to artificially inflate prices as well as he tries to sell a 100 dollar part to 30 people to do a raffle and where each person has to pay 10 to 25 bucks.

Im so tired of people ripping other people off over these prelude parts, the market for these preldue parts has been so fucked up and artigficially inflated by guys like troy and tony and that deaf kid with the blue fourth gen. Its fuckign disgusting, especially when in year or two none of them will have the prelude. They are only here to rip others off and I fucking hate it!

Quote:
ban me biotches sissy lude dan hahah
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
If I had to guess, it's because the car is a thrown-together piece of shit.
bouckarooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2017, 01:28 PM   #457
Sir S Spec
True Luder

Location: Usually stuck behind a Toyota sedan doing 20 under the speed limit.
Sir S Spec is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouckarooo View Post
Fuck the only person who worse that TOny Avila is fuckign troy Wilson, the fuckign punk ass kids uses prelude power posts made by other people to try and promote himself as being some sort of prelude god, as well as he get shitty used parts then increases the prices of them ten fold just to artificially inflate prices as well as he tries to sell a 100 dollar part to 30 people to do a raffle and where each person has to pay 10 to 25 bucks.

Im so tired of people ripping other people off over these prelude parts, the market for these preldue parts has been so fucked up and artigficially inflated by guys like troy and tony and that deaf kid with the blue fourth gen. Its fuckign disgusting, especially when in year or two none of them will have the prelude. They are only here to rip others off and I fucking hate it!

Agreed, and, agreed.

I generally dislike the newest generation of Prelude owners (I won't call them enthusiasts, because to them it is a car they bought for cheap, and they don't really want to know anything about).

Facebook has been a real boon for the hack. Remember the days when a respected luder who contributed to the community was given authority over the forums? Now, anyone can make a facebook group, and become worshiped like a god. Half of these kids can't even find their spark plugs, yet they are revered like Blake Barr, simply because they are the admin of a group. How they love to wield that power too.

I had tons of OEM, JDM, and rare parts that I didn't need anymore. Many of which had been restored from the typical battered JDM condition they arrived in. I was asking what I paid for them (which in many cases was much lower than what the same parts are being sold for today).

Brand new spoiler: "Deaf guy" wants it. It cost me $600. I never installed it, it was never painted. Still in the box it came in. He hounds me for weeks about it. I tell him he can have it for $300. He says he can get the same thing for $160 shipped elsewhere. I tell him to have at it.

A couple of weeks later, he comes creeping around again. He still wants the spoiler. Says he will pay the $300. "Okay, I will get you a shipping quote". He responds with: "Oh, shipping isn't included?"

Sure, I will pay for something, never use it, sell it to you for half of that, and then take the shipping out of my end. Since I'm apparently a charity, or high on crack; I'll fly down to Florida (or wherever the fuck hes from), buy the paint, prep it, install it, cook him dinner, mow the lawn, clean the gutters, and fuck his girlfriend for him.

The fucking guy does some "epic build", throwing cash around like confetti, and then pleads poverty and expects people selling him parts to subsidize his claim to fame. Fuck him in the ear!

I understand buying low and selling high, but some of these guys are out to lunch. They want everything "for cheap" or "on the low". They come right out and admit they want it practically for free. They expect you to give your stuff to them for peanuts, but when it comes time for them to sell something (the same thing), it's apparently made of solid gold.

A lot of the stuff I had, I tossed because dealing with "Honda kids" was getting me down. In fact, the whole Honda scene has been doing that lately.

Another one that pisses me off is that guy Tyler Allen. He epitomizes everything I dislike in the Prelude community, in the automotive community, and, life in general. Every day he is on posting about another problem that compost heap with wheels has developed. Instead of fixing it properly with parts that are readily available and cheap, he would rather go 20 miles out of his way to hack, bodge, and jerry rig it together. I'm reading books on electronics, and squinting over a 27 year old 3 inch square circuit board to fix a part they only made for one year, 27 years ago, simply so I can get it to work. That guy will move a mountain, and install parts from a coffee maker to avoid having to use a direct fit, plug and play part. What I wouldn't give to have that option.

I remember one time seeing him posting about body work. He had a hole in his hood the size of a grapefruit, and he was bitching about how the bondo wasn't turning out how he hoped. How much is a used hood? Really...

Years ago, if anyone even dreamed of trying something like that, the community would have roasted them to a cinder (and rightly so in my opinion). Now the lay nice police" and the bro brigade are there to make sure no ones feelings get hurt.

"I took a shit on da hood of my car wut do yall think?"

"Looks awsum bro"

"cool bro!"

"Why would you do that?"

"Yo bro why u gotta hate?"

"Its his car bro. why so butt hurt??"

Millennials...

I remember years ago going to Prelude meets when there were still quite a few "heavy hitters" active in the scene. Everyone was at their best. Cars polished, wheels shined, interiors and engine bays detailed. Even the project cars would get a wash, and at least TRY to be on show for a meet. If you had a smudge on your car you'd get ribbed for it. All in good fun, but still, there was that aspiration to be better than the next guy.

To me, to show up to a meet in those days with a dirty car was like walking out the door and not bothering to brush my teeth. Infamouz will recall our weekly battle of one-up-man-ship. Whos car was cleaner, who had the newest mod or coolest JDM part. It was fun, and it felt good to have that admiration.

These days, it's a race to the bottom. Well perhaps not the absolute bottom, because that would be aspirationional, and steal the spotlight from others, who are merely mediocre. There's no pride anymore. Everyone gets a trophy, a thumbs up, a pat on the back, so why bother trying?

I stopped my build threads, because I honestly believe a clean, well built, well thought out build is...out of style these days. The kids aren't interested in building something that will last, or reading about quality builds... ...hell reading in general. It's all about peel and stick ebay crap that fits the current fad, and, that's it. The majority of todays current "car guys" are more concerned with how fresh their hat and shoes are, than knowing whether or not their car has enough oil in the pan. I don't cater to people like that.

Annnnyways... not sure if I can be considered OG in forum terms (five years or so)... but I'm an OG luder (since 2003), and I have the OG mentality and approach.

Hello!

1997 Prelude Base. (wrecked)
1999 Prelude Base (S-Spec build in progress)
1996 Prelude SR(Si), daily driver --> H23A VTEC (+ 4ws?) (SOLD)
1990 Nissan 300ZX (fun in the sun)
1994 Subaru SVX LSi (daily)
Sir S Spec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2017, 05:57 PM   #458
71dsp
Elite Member

When I sell things, there are a few phrases that make me completely cut off communication.

1. Can you give me a sweet price?
2. Help a Prelude bro out!!
3. I don't have a lot of money, what's the absolute lowest you'll sell it for?
4. I can get a replica piece for 10% of that price!!

And so on. I get a bunch of "if you'll sell it to me for a sweet price, I'll buy it right now." Also, I had a few people that had the audacity to say "I've seen your car, it's not like taking $50 off the price is hurting you any..." Actually that's kind of true - I've actually sent parts *for free* to a few people that I've gotten to know. They needed something that broke, I had it, so they paid shipping and took it. I even recall sending a few bucks to a friend that was on a shoestring budget and needed an inexpensive part. Difference is - NONE of them asked for it; that's the difference!

This is why I still have an SMSP header in great shape that I have absolutely no use for. I even agreed to sell it to someone for $850 (when I posted it for $1150-ish). After much back and forth, I grew tired of it. Came around a few weeks later and asked for the $850 price. Got pissed at me because I told him I decided to just keep it. It wasn't worth the hassle to wrap, package, and ship at that point.

So here I am with quite a bit of Prelude and car crap that I need to sell, but just don't want to hassle with it. Same with gun stuff...

Old 03-24-2017, 06:03 PM   #459
71dsp
Elite Member

Can someone also tell me why DC parts are cool now? As long as I've known, they've been crap. Someone sold a polished DC upper tie bar for like $300!!!!!

Old 03-24-2017, 08:17 PM   #460
ogsmakdade
Ludacious

ogsmakdade will become famous soon enoughogsmakdade will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ogsmakdade
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71dsp View Post
Can someone also tell me why DC parts are cool now? As long as I've known, they've been crap. Someone sold a polished DC upper tie bar for like $300!!!!!
I wouldn't call it crap, it looks nice. Is it the best product to use to improve handling in the Lude? No.
That being said, I have a full matching set, minus the spark plug cover....

I too am disgusted by the overinflated pricing of parts, gouging fellow prelude owners.
I've had my prelude since 2002, and I'll likely never get rid of it. Anymore I'm not fond of the new generation of owners, and I keep to myself

And I just thought it was awgs-mac-daid this whole time.

preludecentral.com Home of DEPOG
ogsmakdade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2017, 09:37 PM   #461
bouckarooo
I am Prelude

bouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of lightbouckarooo is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogsmakdade View Post
Anymore I'm not fond of the new generation of owners, and I keep to myself
Been this way for years, and everyone hated me for it. To many times would people cry and beg for me to be banned because I woudl call them out on their bullshit, theres actually been numerous "modertator" threads about me in this reagard, and its really funny as those same moderator are nowhere to be found and they were the worst for the price gouging and artficila part markup.

One year, I got so pissed about the door sills going to 300 dollars, that I bought every set on the market, I had 7 sets of them, then I gave four of them away for free as I was pissed at one particular kid that was trying to buy them and sell them for double, like wtf who would pay 600 per set???? Fuckign ridiculous.

In anycase, those whom are left are the one similar to mylsef that will never get rid of their prelude, and I salute those people!!

Quote:
ban me biotches sissy lude dan hahah
kronicsmoker sh hahaha
suck it biotch
Quote:
If I had to guess, it's because the car is a thrown-together piece of shit.
bouckarooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement