Honda Prelude Forum banner

Bb4arsons supercharger rebuild

4th Gen_ 
15K views 126 replies 25 participants last post by  themiz92lude 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay so this is will be a some what quick rebuild.
I have had the car supercharged for about 2.5 years. Stock block and head at 6 psi. I ran a 12.62 @ 110.

The car broke down on me at the track in the burnout lane. Got it home did a compression test. In piston 4 I had 0 compression.

And I started taking it apart

Took the engine out.

Sorry for the side ways pics.
So took he valve cover off and the timing belt came off easily with me just inching over. So I'm pretty sure the auto tensioner failed.
Look it here a broke valve

Block still looks good still

The guides are toast on most of them. No wonder my car was smoking for so long.

I'm trying to get the car back on the road pretty darn soon.
Plans.
9 psi pulley
E85
Port and polish head and manifold.
Fix the crappy harness I have.
Pretty simple.
I just wanted to share a sc rebuild with yall.

I will uploading everything thru my phone so sorry about the side ways pics. Sometimes Tapatalk does that.

I want to make over 300whp that's my goals since I will probably get tuned is 115 degree weather.
I live in Arizona

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

See less See more
#2 ·
Got some new stuff for the build
Id1000s. Some new fuel lines. New fueling filter. Skunk2 throttle body 70mm.

#4 ·
I'm Going to reuse the stock block. I want to test its limits.
I think I will be safe. I am running a water methonal kit and e85. So I'm pretty sure it should hold up.

If not we will know how much whp a stock jdm hseries block on a sc can make safely haha

#6 ·
I believe I should be too.

I handed the head over to one of my good friends from Ammfab to do the porting and polishing.

#8 ·
Sorry for the slow progress I will upload progress pics later.

So far the porting of my head has started before and after pics shall be taken.

Does any one know if a walbro 341(current fuel pump) handle 340whp on e85
Sent from Gs3 using instant transmission

#9 ·
#10 ·
psssst....buy my head studs.... ;)

Seriously though, that vid was impressive! Especially for only 6psi

#11 · (Edited)
Don't worry I will this week.

Yup I was quite Impressed my self. I have good suspension and a nice t2w4 transmission

Ksport full coil overs, innovative motor mounts and a esp traction bar with front torque mount

#12 · (Edited)
I got some new dd tires. I will no longer buy expensive tires for the Street. I lose traction any ways.

Old tires that I got the wrong size lol

#14 ·
Rosko racing ships very fast
Auto tensioner could excuse my language. Kiss my balls.
I also got a obd2 map sensor delete really clean little part.

#16 ·
8)

Looking good man. I was looking at those Kaizenspeed replacement auo tensioners, but being a new part was going to sit and wait for some long-term experience. Looks a solid part though, I can't see how anyone could go wrong with it.

Neat little Map sensor delete. I need to block mine of on the aftermarket TB too - how much was it, if you don't mind me asking?

Oh and loving the other videos you added on you tube. 8)
Keeping me motivated. :wink:

Got a favour to ask - I'll PM ya. :D

#17 · (Edited)
im pretty sure its worth the money man . we will see though a guy did have a question about when the belt starts loosing up ,since it is rubber . but i dont think there will be a problem .

and im not sure i think the block map sensore was like 10bucks or 6 bucks . pm rosko racing he is one of our vendors . but the cnc piece looks pretty on skunk2 70mm throttle body

i have had an auto tensioner fail on me twice now . first time i bent 9 valves second time(this time) the valve keeper broke .luckily the car turned of right after . and not more damage was placed

im really excited to get the car back on the road . my local tracks are closing and one is relocating .which sucks because i want to get the car to the track as soon as i am done . i will upload videos when im done with it . i can not wait till i am on 9 psi . my car will actually whine . and it will be properly tuned .

#18 ·
My 3inch mandrel bend exhaust into the thermal 3inch exhaust
Very dirty.

#21 ·
i will no longer update the thread .

no support :p

ill just keep my power number to my self .;)

alot has happened since last update

later.

#22 ·
Whaaaat? Must update! I didn't sell you those head studs for no reason!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#24 ·
Here is a little update than guys. Hopefully Tapatalk doesn't down size them so much

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

#25 ·
And I'm trying to track a 9psi pulley.
And before you guys say accord crank pulley from a 92 accrd. Well that's a 4 ripped pulley the sc belt will tear. :-\

#27 ·
No not yet. Not sure if I will flow test either alot of people want me to flow test it but I don't want to take the valve train back out.
. I had my buddy put the valves and everything back in.
I'm kinda in a rush IFO is coming back to Arizona and I'm going to try to make a pass and make the 4th gens look good :-D and show them preludes can run lower than 16s..
Seriously I've never seen a prelude here in arizona hit lower than a 16.its probably the heat.

#29 ·
New boost guage since my old one was not accurate
Defi gauge. Very stealthy. Looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.