Faulty torque wrench = broken bolt - Page 2 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #26
bb6 vtec
Deluded

bb6 vtec will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKing_05 View Post
You know that OTC makes most of snapons stuff right?

They are the company behind the Genisys, Hubshark kits, puller kits etc etc. The ones that shops tend to use.

I've done plenty of heavy work on cars and have never had anything fail on me cause of my cheap tools.

Now I'm not going to go to harbor freight and pick up a fucking 1/2 inch impact set. I know better. Doesn't make a lick of difference between a craftsman impact socket set and a snapon.

Cept a snapon on set is way more expensive, will rape you, and on top of all of that, refuse to give you a bj

Well your titled to your own oppinion. I agree that snap-on is on the expensive side, however, you deffinatly get what you pay for when it comes to tools. I've had numerous craftsman tools including torque wrenches, ratchets, impact drivers,etc.. and when it comes to anything with a ratcheting gear, they always break/snap on me. I will admit that i abuse my tools, but to me, craftsman just doesnt hold up. Their perfect for home use i guess, but for shop use, thats a big no no for me. I cant count how many times i went back to sears for replacements until i came to realize that i needed better quality tools. Especially since matco, snap-on, and corwell trucks come around the shop i work at every other week. We do pay wholesale, not retail for our tools so they come out to near the same price as most of the craftsman tools. Matco and cornwell are cheaper than snap-on and have the same durability. But when it comes to torque wrenches, you really want the best considering what your torqueing is most likely an important bolt and you really want that torque wrench to be calibrated right and dead on spec wise.
bb6 vtec is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #27
Shimee
Abscissa & Ordinate

Shimee has much to be proud ofShimee has much to be proud ofShimee has much to be proud ofShimee has much to be proud ofShimee has much to be proud ofShimee has much to be proud ofShimee has much to be proud ofShimee has much to be proud of
Seems like you guys overtorqued the point of this thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click to see my >>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

> replica foglights, footwell lights, temperature cable fix, EDM rear fogs, Morimoto projectors, replica fogs, and more!
Shimee is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread