Rock Auto - Will not order from them again - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Prudz_lude
U Aware?

Prudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to behold
Rock Auto - Will not order from them again

Well, as the title shows i'm clearly not happy with their service. I can't believe the service this company offers. I'm sure many have had great experiences but I have had the most ridiculous experience with no help or even attempts to help. They seemed more concerned about keeping the extra money I paid for shipping than making sure I was happy. Never once tried to offer help, just dodge my concerns.

On Tuesday last week I placed an order for two rear brake calipers. I really wanted them for the weekend seeing as these were the last parts needed to finish my car. I never pay for express shipping since it never seems to actually be worth it or work. This time proved no different. There website stated that it would take a day to process the order and ship it. Fair enough, if I order tuesday that gives 3 days to have it arrive at mine. On their website under their express shipping the following message is displayed.

"Please allow one business day for our warehouse to process your order, plus transit time for selected shipping method, plus any delay shown above for non-stock items or outlying warehouses, before expecting your order to arrive. For example, an order placed Wednesday, with no non-stock items or outlying warehouses, should ship on Thursday. With "2 Business Day Express" shipping, it should arrive Monday (Monday is the second business day after Thursday)."

Shipping was $60 for regular mail (fedex/UPS, typically 7 days) but for $100 it could be 2 business days.

I thought about it and figured "fuck it, lets give them a shot and get these parts here asap.

Well, come thursday nothing showed up. No biggie, maybe they were a day late. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since I ordered at the end of the business day tuesday. That means Friday it has to show up to be on time. Nope, nothing friday. In fact it just hit customs on Friday. Saturday I call their customer service and ask what happened.

Their customer service lady said it is 3-5 day shipping for Canada. No where on the website did it state 3-5 day for Canada. I asked for what I believe is a very reasonable solution. That I pay the $60 shipping and have $40 refunded for the express since it was not clearly indicated, and it was not 2 business days to my door. They replied "no, once it hits the boarder that is delivered. We as a business can't be refunding money if it is held in customs" It was not held in customs, it hit customs. There is a huge difference.

The rep on Preludepower for Rock auto contacted me today. Saying basically the same thing.

"The statement you included from the shopping cart page is an example of how our shipping works. "For example, an order placed Wednesday, with no non-stock items or outlying warehouses, should ship on Thursday. With "2 Business Day Express" shipping, it should arrive Monday (Monday is the second business day after Thursday)."

"2 Business Day Express" is not an option when shipping to Canada. That option is for the US only. The shipping method you selected was "Express Mail International". Express Mail International is typically a 3-5 business day shipping method as shown on our FAQ page.

Thank you,"

Wonderful... being treated like I don't know how to count the days. He even BOLDED the "for example" as if I could not see that part. I understand that example, however understand I ordered it Tuesday, not Thursday. If it is not an option for Canada why can i select it for Canada and it still says 2 day? I lost my cool. I triple checked the site to make sure it clearly states 2 days. It does. I filled a second order just to check.

"Thanks for being so clear, awesome that when you select that it doesn't state that when in Canada your shipping time increases.

I also clearly understood the 2 day example. I paid for my shit on tuesday, that means it won't be processed that day. If i'm not mistaken business days are monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday. If you pay on a tuesday that leaves 3 business days remaining. Lets write this in math form 5 business days in the week, tuesday being day 2. 5 minus 2 equals 3 remaining business days. Advertised 2 business days express shipping. I would think paying over $100 and allowing 3 business days would be sufficient. Clearly not the case.

I'm filing a paypal claim and canceling my visa transaction. You guys are ridiculous and have proven to be unreasonable. Refunding a difference shouldn't have been an issue. Enjoy paying shipping back, i'm not signing this shit. Thanks for the help."

Final reply from Rock Auto

"Hello,

I'm sorry that you are recently disappointed. As you ordered "Express Mail International" which is typically a 3-5 day delivery your package is still on time. We do not advertise "Express Mail International" to be a 2 day shipment.

If the package is not accepted and returned to us by FedEx your Visa refund will be for the cost of the parts minus any return shipping costs RockAuto receives. Shipping is non-refundable.

Thank you,"

What a Joke. I find the quote on their site saying 2 day yet they refuse to believe it exists. It should not have been an issue to refund a customer for a service that was never provided, never clearly stated, and has still not arrived. I'm not expecting them to fix this at this point. I'm just pissed, bitter, and again never wasting my money on express shipping. I'm sure most of you don't care since you don't live in Canada, but for those that do this is only posted up here so you don't waste your money paying express shipping.

As for cancelling, if Rock Auto knew anything about calling VISA up, they would know I can get a full refund including shipping. But i'm done arguing with them, completely pointless. They aren't losing sleep over this. It's just a shitty experience. I'll probably just accept the package to anyway since its just easier. However, if I could i'd Ban the sponsor from the site haha. To bad i'm not an admin

I should probably mention the phone convo went on for a good 10 min with a bunch of attempts to have me just hang up and give up. That is what eventually happened and the lady on the phone had a huge sigh of relief knowing she no longer needed to answer questions. The worst part is I was polite and offering solutions when on the phone. My messages, not so nice. Pretty sure you can read my frustration.
BB Squad #23 (v.2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Prudz_lude is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
acidcrakker
Back 2 Hackin

acidcrakker has a spectacular aura aboutacidcrakker has a spectacular aura aboutacidcrakker has a spectacular aura about

Thats some bull

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1992 Prelude S (Stolen)
1992 Prelude Si 13.9@103 Scraped
1995 Prelude Se (Luding Around)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold)
2013 F150 (Its a truck, run it over! LOL Can't do that in a Lude)
I got Vtec Sub Harnesses Again
acidcrakker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
schmitty
Lude Boss

schmitty has a spectacular aura aboutschmitty has a spectacular aura aboutschmitty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidcrakker View Post
Thats some bull
x2 Thanks for sharing.

It does, however, say in their FAQ that the fastest for international is Express Mail International.

Regardless, you said you still haven't received them? Now Wednesday. And Friday is most certainly a business day. Also stated in their FAQ.

- PM me if you have questions

be the change you want to see in the world

Last edited by schmitty; 04-18-2012 at 08:32 AM.
schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
Prudz_lude
U Aware?

Prudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to beholdPrudz_lude is a splendid one to behold
Oh shit! Today it finally showed up... late 2 days, even if i went with the max of 5.

Edit* Read the post further down... not here.
BB Squad #23 (v.2)

Old 04-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
Wing8806
garage bound
Curveball Champion, Alien Clones Champion

Wing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to allWing8806 is a name known to all

Having screen shots to show the details you specified in regards to the shipping time etc are always good to have. Despite you're more than likely keeping them, for future note it might come in handy if say a company were to "change" some things last minute

08 Mugen Si - 214whp 156tq intake/header
01 Prelude - (unfinished tune) 7psi JRSC/stock internals/every bolt on besides an aftercooler

Do not trust Kane666 aka Jason Myers.
Wing8806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
acidcrakker
Back 2 Hackin

acidcrakker has a spectacular aura aboutacidcrakker has a spectacular aura aboutacidcrakker has a spectacular aura about

I probally do more shipping outside the country than I do inside. I always tell my customers shipping internationally is a pain in the ass, (not in so many words) But I have had orders dissapear for weeks, sometimes even months before they finally arrive. Generally I ship with USPS to go international because it is cheaper. Shipping with ups is much better experiencebecause they can track it.

If I was shipping this out and sold my product with 2 day shipping on the website, and it ended up- being something else, I would eat the difference.

IMO the website checkout method should automatically correct itself if order is international and you still pay for a domestic shiping charges.

1992 Prelude S (Stolen)

Last edited by acidcrakker; 04-18-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #7
schmitty
Lude Boss

schmitty has a spectacular aura aboutschmitty has a spectacular aura aboutschmitty has a spectacular aura about
Also the whole "it's considered shipped once it reaches customs" claim it bogus. At least mention it somewhere on the site if you're going with that response o a late shipment.

- PM me if you have questions

be the change you want to see in the world
schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #8
Prudz_lude
U Aware?

WHAT IN THE LIVING FUCK!

I went to the post office today after getting notice the shipment arrived.... My fucking prosport gauges arrived! I ordered a set of prosport gauges the same night, the SAME FUCKING NIGHT, and sent it regular mail, both using USPS. SUCK MY VIRTUAL COCK ROCK AUTO. I still DO NOT have my brakes.
BB Squad #23 (v.2)

Old 04-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #9
Prudz_lude
U Aware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidcrakker View Post
I probally do more shipping outside the country than I do inside. I always tell my customers shipping internationally is a pain in the ass, (not in so many words) But I have had orders dissapear for weeks, sometimes even months before they finally arrive. Generally I ship with USPS to go international because it is cheaper. Shipping with ups is much better experiencebecause they can track it.

If I was shipping this out and sold my product with 2 day shipping on the website, and it ended up- being something else, I would eat the difference.

IMO the website checkout method should automatically correct itself if order is international and you still pay for a domestic shiping charges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty915 View Post
Also the whole "it's considered shipped once it reaches customs" claim it bogus. At least mention it somewhere on the site if you're going with that response o a late shipment.
You both put it perfectly!
BB Squad #23 (v.2)

Old 04-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #10
RockAuto
Sponsor

RockAuto is an unknown quantity at this point
When the customer added his parts to the shopping cart, and entered his postal code, he was given a drop down menu with shipping options. The shipping method the customer choose shows on our FAQ page to usually arrive within 3 to 5 business days after being shipped.

When he proceeded to the shopping cart he did see a disclaimer message that is put there as an example for all our customers to remind them that there is a 24 hour time frame for the warehouses to process and ship the order. No where does it say orders are shipped with 2-business day express. We use 2-business day express in our example as that is the delivery method that we get the most questions on.

We do list all our shipping times in our FAQ section of our website. We also make our FAQ section very easy to locate in our catalog.

As for the claim that we told him the package is considered "delivered once it hits customs" this is in fact true to a point. USPS and FedEx both have a certain number of days to get a package from the pick-up location to either the delivery location (as in domestic orders) or the Customs broker for International shipments. How long it takes a broker/customs agent to clear and package is completely out of our control.

The customer placed his order late Monday night April 9th, after our warehouses were closed. We shipped his package out on Tuesday Morning, April 10. After checking the tracking on this package it shows the package cleared customs on April 13and was ready for delivery. On April 18 the package tracking number indicates “Addressee not available - Addressee advised to pick up the item”.

We are sorry to hear of this customer’s disappointment with his most recent order, but after a package reaches customs the remainder of the delivery is completely out of our control.

www.RockAuto.com

Last edited by RockAuto; 04-19-2012 at 11:35 AM.
RockAuto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
Prudz_lude
U Aware?

The drop menu DOES NOT SAY 3-5 days. I'll screen shot this for you if you would like. It says Express International 2 day, but does not have a warning that Canada is longer waits. It's such a cop out to say once it hits Canada's boarder the service no longer applies. If you are going to do that, be clear that is what happens. 10-18, that is much longer than 5 business days.

I still don't understand why you can't simply rectify the situation rather than trying to defend a service that was not provided but was paid for. The company has caused more of an issue than the actual issue itself. That is what we call bad business. I was more than reasonable in asking to be refunded for the service, BUT STILL PAY for the shipping that was provided, which was regular wait times. It is baffling to me how pro sport on the other hand sends their package priority and still beats you.

To touch on that subject, I personally made an error on the order. I meant to order a water temp gauge but clicked their oil temp. They looked at my order and saw that I ordered the adapter for the water temp and even though it was MY fault on the order, they offered to help me out with the shipping and do a free ship back for their gauge so I can get the correct one. Why? Because they want my repeat business, and guess what? I placed a 2nd order larger than I planned because of how they handled the situation. That is what I call good business.

I can't believe you are even trying to defend your position at this point considering those delivery and ship times you posted up are out of the 5 business day mark.
BB Squad #23 (v.2)

Old 04-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #12
k20crx

k20crx is on a distinguished road
heres the menu now

was going to order parts here but i prolly wont,

88' EF8 si d16y8.. traded
89' 325i ka-t
95' civic EX- vtec-e swap
00' prelude h22a swap with nitrous
k20crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #13
Prudz_lude
U Aware?

ah-chu! Oh whoops, must have bumped this.
BB Squad #23 (v.2)

Old 07-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #14
psud3ity
Super Moderator

psud3ity is a glorious beacon of lightpsud3ity is a glorious beacon of lightpsud3ity is a glorious beacon of lightpsud3ity is a glorious beacon of lightpsud3ity is a glorious beacon of lightpsud3ity is a glorious beacon of light
I've ordered from rockauto several times in the past, but never when I was on a deadline and needed parts.

I've always considered thier shipping practices insane. They've got some good prices on stuff, but charging me shipping 3 times in a single order because they choose not to stock parts in a particular warehouse never rubbed me the right way.

ImportRP has always done well for me. Decent prices too.

H22A BOOSTED 325HP @ 9psi - Soon to be 650HP
psud3ity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #15
acidcrakker
Back 2 Hackin

I ordered from them before for 2 pot legend calipers. They sent me 1 pot instead. They wouldnt take em back so i called cc company.

Ened up getting my legend calipers off ebay for a decent price.

1992 Prelude S (Stolen)
Old 07-15-2012, 09:01 PM   #16
1CeMaN
True Luder

1CeMaN is on a distinguished road
That is crazy dude...

I wouldnt waste my time either with them. It really does make you wonder why they couldn't just fix it with a simple "Sorry, you are right... it should say this in our policy, here is the difference in shipping".

Bam now you are happy and might go with them again. Now you and others will never even attempt to work with them.
My anger gets the best of me, and I open the roof. Grab some change and toss it. I know I shouldn't have done this, but I was MAD. The first wave misses. My exit is coming up now and by this time he has backed off. I am going up the off ramp and he comes up next to me. I grab some more change and CHUCK it out the window only to hear it hitting the side of his shitty truck.
1CeMaN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement