k20a2 swap? - Page 5 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:44 PM   #101
Brewbrud
lude of prey

Brewbrud is a jewel in the roughBrewbrud is a jewel in the roughBrewbrud is a jewel in the rough

it was an 80's 911 that came with a large(ish) turbo on it. boost came on late and very strong, usually after the apex of a turn, causing the porche to slide out. which is exactly where porches were the strongest, exiting a turn.

Am I smart now?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
what did Vin Diesel say in that movie? Something about there is no second place or almost had him or something like that. Quarter mile. NOS.
Brewbrud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #102
Mahusay3g
I am Prelude

Mahusay3g will become famous soon enough
Never been in a turbo 911, back when I was shopping for a 944 and hung around my buddies with their 944's that's when I learned what turbo lag really was. It's a love hate thing for me. All in all, it's a great feeling. I love porsches.

1993 Nissan 240sx Vert 2JZGE NA-T

1984 Porsche 944 23,000 Original Miles

2000 Acura 3.2TL Daily

Need a part? Drop me an email and I'll find it for you!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mahusay3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #103
Sciroccoboi16v
Ludacious

Sciroccoboi16v is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaaXD View Post
Never been in a turbo 911, back when I was shopping for a 944 and hung around my buddies with their 944's that's when I learned what turbo lag really was. It's a love hate thing for me. All in all, it's a great feeling. I love porsches.
My dad had a 944 (he insists it was a 924 but he's wrong) when I was younger. All I remember really about it was it was red, had a cool looking gas cap, cleaning the spoiler drains with a coathanger every so often, and the only thing that really mattered was that it said porsche.

I wish he would have kept it, unfortunately he powered around a corner with my mom in the car and within the next week it was gone forever. I think he's still upset she made him get rid of it.

87 VW Scirocco 16v

Quote:
My car started FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 3 MONTHS yesterday. I'm soooooo pumped. It runs absolutely perfectly, just imagine a sewing machine but 100x better.
Quote:
users go pickup a wrench nobody wonts your oninion

why would I use a wrench on an onion?
Sciroccoboi16v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 04:37 AM   #104
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funryd View Post
The K swap is just too expensive for this community and too complex to solve.
Quote:
Haha! Wont happen, just too expensive.
Quote:
I am sorry but I just have to end this now.

doing the K swap is just a waste of time and money.

And let me be clear, no one on this forum will really pay what it takes to do a K swap,

And now some people want a K swap which is taller and harder to fit into our chassis and that is with cutting and welding somewhere.

K swap is not realistic nor feasable, .

OK in light of the above comments.....

Quote:
And now this thread is useless.
I'm not really sure you needed to make that statement Sean lol
It was already dead in the water.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

I'd rather you hate me for my honesty than like me for dis-honesty.
88SE Lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 04:41 AM   #105
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of88SE Lude has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaaXD View Post

Problem being that there are so many 911 variations it's almost impossible to keep track of them all. Even the later ones were 911 based. I've driven quite a few and still can't remember the exact model number.

Oddly my bosses own 944 was probably the worst one for suffering turbot lag and that was stock. Some of the track prepped 911s were far better behaved. Go figure.

"You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion"

Old 04-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #106
outreach
True Luder

outreach is on a distinguished road
id loke to say i love my AWD car :P
3000GT TT VR4
89 SI 4ws H23 widebody project.... STOLEN

89 SI spotless white tubo build..... sold

93 SR.. parts donor
slammed 89... crushed
outreach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #107
fordhater
True Luder

fordhater is on a distinguished road
Steam power...do it. Our backseat can't hold people but it can hold enough wood, coal, or cow crap to power you anywhere you want to go.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #108
Brewbrud
lude of prey

Brewbrud is a jewel in the roughBrewbrud is a jewel in the roughBrewbrud is a jewel in the rough

Find/build your own flux capacitor.....make it run on garbage..... solve world energy crisis....... like a bau5

Quote:
what did Vin Diesel say in that movie? Something about there is no second place or almost had him or something like that. Quarter mile. NOS.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #109
b20
True Luder

b20 is on a distinguished road
love where this thread went very cool i really got a whole lot of nothing going here... but yea im just gonna h22 i was thinking blue top 97+ prelude but well see what i can afford still trying to buy a fucking 3rd gen to put it in haha got fresh rims and tires, ksports, wheel spacers,some drilled and slotted rotors, low dust pads. just need poly bushing and some strut bars also i want that little bar that goes across the back windows porlly gonna save for brakes i want the wilwood frnt and rear for looks till i can afford the turbo but thats on next summers list of things i found a super clean lude tho if all ends well ill post pics in this thread after i buy it..... its fuking $3600.... im trying to get him to bring it down its red 4ws and still perfect original paint as well as original owner he has the purchase recipt from 1992 and unmolested only problem is if i spend 3600 i wont b able to afford a swap after the poly bushing purchase. but its to clean to just let go... is this face embarresed or making a bowel movement idk haha
b20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #110
Andrew
Lude Boss

Andrew will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
That's an embarrassed face, embarrassed of your lack of punctuation.

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #111
Sciroccoboi16v
Ludacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
Find/build your own flux capacitor.....make it run on garbage..... solve world energy crisis....... like a bau5
Driving a sirocco, which is basically a fast delorean, I have to let you know that the flux capacitor was not what allowed the garbage run, it supplied the necessary 1.21 Gw of electricity required for time travel. What you are thinking of is the Mr. fusion.

87 VW Scirocco 16v

Quote:
My car started FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 3 MONTHS yesterday. I'm soooooo pumped. It runs absolutely perfectly, just imagine a sewing machine but 100x better.
Quote:

Old 04-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #112
MustardCat
Memento Mori

MustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the InternetMustardCat is the King of the Internet

Seems this thread wont die. On a related note here is an old post I made in another K swap thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustardCat
Ok I made a basic cad drawing of a K20 and 3G bay, side view. Here is each of them labeled:

Here I've set it in the bay for hood clearance. Remember the hood dips in the middle so I can't have it all the way up, it would probably have to be mounted slightly lower in reality. The filter will probably interfere with the rear subframe. The oil pan will hang lower than the crossmember by at least 2.25":

Here it is mouted for similar ground clearance as the B20a, custom hood territory. Filter will probably still hit the rear subframe:

Here I've tilted it back another 10 degrees:

MustardCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #113
xxfallacyxx
Bearderator

xxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud of
^Suddenly I want to dig up some Rhino3D software and make a model of the 3G Prelude.

Quote:
I'm too pretty to be a hobo. There would be hobo rape.
Quote:
You sure you just didn't get high and watch men in black?
J.L.D.E.P.P.M.S.3.C.N.Y.C.N.C.M.A.D
xxfallacyxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #114
fmn716
2G 4 LIFE !!!

fmn716 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxfallacyxx View Post
^Suddenly I want to dig up some Rhino3D software and make a model of the 3G Prelude.
make one for the 2G lude too

fmn716 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #115
ludeman69
I am Prelude

ludeman69 will become famous soon enough
the middle picture probably isnt too far off from how it sits in an ef civic. Filter relocation, radiator who knows where that goes, subframe smashing to the max, meh it could work if a guy really wanted to

White 91 4ws-Built B21a-

Red 90 Civic Wagon RT4WD DOHC ZC-

For sale thread 3G parts:

ludeman69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 04:35 PM   #116
xxfallacyxx
Bearderator

xxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud ofxxfallacyxx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmn716 View Post
make one for the 2G lude too
Once I have one in my driveway to measure, I might just do that.

Quote:
I'm too pretty to be a hobo. There would be hobo rape.
Quote:
You sure you just didn't get high and watch men in black?
J.L.D.E.P.P.M.S.3.C.N.Y.C.N.C.M.A.D
xxfallacyxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #117
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

Yerp, oil filter relocate is easy, use ITBs instead of that big intake manifold, dry sump, bespoke exhaust manifold/header.
As long as the driveshafts can be lined up the rest might work.... obviously a bonnet bulge would be needed but that could be done.

Still don't think it'll happen though... if I win the lottery I will do it just for the hell of it.....

sidenote: I don't play the lottery.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #118
Brewbrud
lude of prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciroccoboi16v View Post
a sirocco, which is basically a fast delorean.

1.garbage fuels reactor
2.reactor generates power for flux capacitor
3.flux capacitor stores 1.21 gigawatts
4. time travel

therefore flux capacitor runs on garbage.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #119
Dexter
Prelude Aficionado

Dexter will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dexter Send a message via Yahoo to Dexter
Torque doesn't matter? All else being equal a 200HP car that revs to 8k with 120lb-ft of torque will always lose to a 200HP car that revs to 8k with 180lb/ft of torque.

88SE races on enough tracks to tell you that there is no way that you can be high enough in the powerband at all times that torque doesn't matter. And if you were you'd be shifting so much it would negate the affects.

Even for a road race car a broad powerband is desired. What "Torque doesn't matter guy" is saying is hogwash. The car with more torque will also get to higher revs more quickly than the one with less. Sigh... Torque doesn't matter, if that's the case we wouldn't be able to keep up with more powerful cars. Torque doesn't matter, really?

And there's also the weight issue. With more weight, you need more torque. That's why many heavier cars have v6's, or v8's. Usually get the "We don't need torque" argument from the civic guys.

Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #120
88SE Lude
Prelude Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
88SE races on enough tracks to tell you that there is no way that you can be high enough in the powerband at all times that torque doesn't matter. And if you were you'd be shifting so much it would negate the affects.
I'll add a caveat to that comment...
I am a firm believer that torque isn't as important with one proviso..
You have the perfect gearing for every occasion.

I used to run/race two strokes so in that case torque was irrelevant, it was what you did with it that was important.

Now runnig nmy car I can be as quick as much more powerful cars because I have a very nice torque/power curve and can use it.

The cars I race are highly strung ITRs where I have to alter gearing to make best use of that high revving nature.

Torque does matter as in our world we can't choose a different set of gears for each situation.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #121
Dexter
Prelude Aficionado

Dexter will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dexter Send a message via Yahoo to Dexter
Exactly. I try to explain that to people all the time. Had a long discussion with a guy my freshman year in college because he learned in an automotive class about gearing. He was telling people that they should consider changing the gearing before they spend money on other mods. Had to explain that unless you were done changing the amount of power the car has changing the gearing would be counter productive because a significant increase in power or torque would make those ultra short gears useless. (Can't believe that was almost 6 years ago....)

Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #122
Sciroccoboi16v
Ludacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblood View Post

1.garbage fuels reactor
2.reactor generates power for flux capacitor
3.flux capacitor stores 1.21 gigawatts
4. time travel

therefore flux capacitor runs on garbage.

I dont know, I mean ... in that case I could say I run on kitty farts and trees.

Also, I'm down for the k20 swap ... Cant we just cut down the valve covers? I mean, last time i had one off I thought there was SOME space under there you could get away with. When I get the money, maybe I will try this out. It's just gonna be JDM AS FUCK.

87 VW Scirocco 16v

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Sciroccoboi16v; 04-19-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #123
Cheeze-91lude
Ludacious

Cheeze-91lude is on a distinguished road
Or just cut a hole in the hood hahaha. That's what all the civics with v6 do. Or go river hood and people will think your slow. But in reallity your not hahah
Cheeze-91lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #124
Cheeze-91lude
Ludacious

Cheeze-91lude is on a distinguished road
Error. Ment ricer hood
Cheeze-91lude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #125
b20
True Luder

b20 is on a distinguished road
haha 911, cars that run on trash, delorians, v6s i feel like after tuesday even the calander says WTF
b20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement