Prelude Track Times (SLIPS ONLY) - Page 6 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #126
RedRocket
Lude Dude

RedRocket will become famous soon enough
What's the best way to launch? I'm not a terrible driver, but I can tell you I suck ass at launching. My stock '95 H22A1 time is only 16.3, and that's even jumping on the 2nd yellow right before green to give me a reaction in the .200 range. I've only been to the track once, but I wanna learn to do better. Even you guys in Colorado are hitting 15's. I'm at about 5500ft altitude here.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #127
SNOBORDBOY
Ludacious

SNOBORDBOY is just really niceSNOBORDBOY is just really niceSNOBORDBOY is just really niceSNOBORDBOY is just really nice
It's tough to get an N/A lude quick down the track at high elevation. Myself and one other 4th gen with JDM engines were mid-high 15's at Bandimere, on street tires at least.

For now, don't worry about your reaction time, unless you are trying to bracket race. The biggest focus should be your 60 foot time, which shows how well you actually leave the line, in regards to traction or spinning. The biggest help in this aspect is a combination of good tires and preloading the car.

For tires, street tires pretty much suck for drag racing, so if you can get an extra set of front wheels to mount some drag radials or slicks, do it. I ran a set of drag radials for awhile, and wish I had gone straight to slicks.

2002 Subaru WRX, lots of toys, semi-retired DD.

2006 RSX-S Bone stock, 30K miles - Wifeys!

2011 GMC Sierra SLE, DD and puller of stuff.
SNOBORDBOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #128
RedRocket
Lude Dude

RedRocket will become famous soon enough
Street racing is pretty big here so there's not a lot of people actually running slicks, the drag strip is just something we do on the weekends every once in awhile, but I'd still like to refine my skills. Here's my slip. Which one is my 60-foot time? I don't even know what half the stuff on it means, or what things would be considered good or bad;

Mine's on the right. I raced a 5th gen Prelude with intake and exhaust and pressured down. If his reaction time was better he woulda beat me, even though he's heavier.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #129
egjdmh22a
I am Prelude

egjdmh22a has a spectacular aura aboutegjdmh22a has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to egjdmh22a
13.6 at 105 mph on street tires.
I was pretty pissed off. I was dumping the clutch at about 3,300 rpm and just not getting good 60 times mostly in the high 2.28 or 2.29 with or with out spray. So next time I am gonna try 4,000 rpm and let the clutch out slowley instead of dumping it. I also need to get a spare set of front rims so I can get slicks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

94 Civic dx hatchback, Jdm H22A
Euro-R T2W4 Transmission with LSD
Hytech header, test pipe,3 inch exhaust
Zex dry 75 shot, P28 ECU with Neptune
197 WHP N/A 264 WHP bottle

street tires
egjdmh22a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #130
SNOBORDBOY
Ludacious

SNOBORDBOY is just really niceSNOBORDBOY is just really niceSNOBORDBOY is just really niceSNOBORDBOY is just really nice
REDROCKET: Your I1 time is the 60 foot. You should be able to get that down to around the 2.2 range with practice on street tires. When I went from street tires to drag radials, I dropped down to 2.0 60 foots, and the general idea is that for the time you take off the 60 foot, you will see double the time drop on the big end of the track.

2002 Subaru WRX, lots of toys, semi-retired DD.

2006 RSX-S Bone stock, 30K miles - Wifeys!

2011 GMC Sierra SLE, DD and puller of stuff.
SNOBORDBOY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #131
shaylude01
boostdBBsex

shaylude01 is just really niceshaylude01 is just really niceshaylude01 is just really niceshaylude01 is just really niceshaylude01 is just really nice

^Thats a cool way of looking at it. I never thought of it that way before.

How in the sweet jesus are you guys getting 1.7-1.9 60ft's?? My buddy with a JRSC'd gsr integra on slicks could only pickup a 1.99 as his best 60ft.. Whats the secret?

Turbo Build Thread:

2001 EBP Prelude Base (USDM) -> Boosted - 10.3psi - First purchased car, a never ending project
1996 DB7 Integra -> JDM front/JDM GSR b18c
1993 EG Civic drag car -> H2b'd H22 - Long term project
1993 Nissan 180sx
1991 Honda Accord
1978 GMC Sierra 2wd
1981 Chevy Silverado 4wd
2013 Chevy Silverado LTZ
shaylude01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #132
gc8dc95
Ludicrous..

gc8dc95 is on a distinguished road
Preload
Old 05-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #133
bb4arson
Ludacious

bb4arson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylude01 View Post
^Thats a cool way of looking at it. I never thought of it that way before.

How in the sweet jesus are you guys getting 1.7-1.9 60ft's?? My buddy with a JRSC'd gsr integra on slicks could only pickup a 1.99 as his best 60ft.. Whats the secret?
How much power is he making and what psi or his tires at?

sent from instant transmission

my rebuild thread

bb4arson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #134
egjdmh22a
I am Prelude

egjdmh22a has a spectacular aura aboutegjdmh22a has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to egjdmh22a

94 Civic dx hatchback, Jdm H22A
Euro-R T2W4 Transmission with LSD
Hytech header, test pipe,3 inch exhaust
Zex dry 75 shot, P28 ECU with Neptune
197 WHP N/A 264 WHP bottle

street tires
egjdmh22a is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 06:12 AM   #135
girlyboostdlude
True Luder

girlyboostdlude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to girlyboostdlude
New fastest passes in the fifth Gen

Quote:
well Girly, now many other girls drive boosted preludes? How many girls even give a rats ass about cars? You're an exception to the rule...you've proven that time and time again by how awesome you are.
girlyboostdlude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #136
94 vtec
Getting Comfortable

94 vtec is on a distinguished road
New to site..

Hi guys, new to the site.Figured I would post my times.
Mods-Dc header and 70 mm exhaust, cai, butterfly delete with 1"spacer and base mapped p28
94 vtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement