Vibrant H22 headers are making a comeback!! - Page 8 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:12 AM   #176
Rosko
Vendor

Rosko will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Rosko
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchnbuilt View Post
Hey Rosko, do you by any chance know the ID of the primary pre and post step, length of primary for each step, collector length, and secondary ID and length? If not its cool just curious doing some research, seen some advantages of the steps in primaries. O yeh do you know what grade stainless this is 304, 321, 347?
I measured at one time but I didnt write any of it down, I can get that info next time I have one on hand though. I do not know what grade of stainless they are using.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<< Euro-R manifolds/adapters and H22 parts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<< my h23Vtec build

Dealer for: Skunk2, CP Pistons, Carrillo Rods. Check out my vendor forum for the NEW Vibrant H22 header!

Rosko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 04:14 AM   #177
Rosko
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygat View Post
Rosko do they fit type sh models ???????? I might be interested
Some of the pics in this thread and on my facebook page are of a type-s Prelude. The prelude in the video is a type-s. I think the flex section touches the atts unit, or at least its very close.

<< my h23Vtec build

Dealer for: Skunk2, CP Pistons, Carrillo Rods. Check out my vendor forum for the NEW Vibrant H22 header!

Old 03-02-2012, 04:54 AM   #178
Rosko
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froidas View Post
Hello.

So was it dyno compared with Hytech replica? I don't care about the fitment, I am only interested in HP and price, and I haven't seen better performing header than Hytech replica yet. There's a bunch of dyno comparisons with Hytech replica. Price is around 350-450 shipped and it looks more smooth to me.
I took a fast look through all tread but didn't find anything related to this.

I am asking because I am trying to choose a header and going to buy it quite soon. So comparison would be very helpful to decide.
Thanks.

I havent seen any back to back dynos comparing the two and don't plan to do that myself either unless someone wants to foot the bill for the dyno time. I really have no desire to even bolt a Hytech replica to my car to be honest and if you have to notch the crossmember to get it in there then I'm deffinately not interested in doing so. Fitment is important to me, power is too but I've spent too much money in the past dealing with that sort of thing. The Vibrant is a mid-level header, its not an all out custom made race header so theres probably not going to be very many people spending the money to dyno them against other headers out there. I've been happy with mine on the 5th gen and I plan to take that car to the track this year to see what it does. I picked up a good bit of power going from stock header and stock exhaust to the Vibrant header/cat/resonator/muffler and 2.5" exhaust.

If price is what you are basing your decision on then you won't find anything cheaper than the replica, and if you feel its what you need based on the dyno charts you've seen then go for it.

<< my h23Vtec build

Old 03-02-2012, 05:06 AM   #179
Froidas
Getting Comfortable

Froidas is on a distinguished road
Thank you for answer. I will try to find more info and I'll PM you if I decide to buy Vibrant.
Froidas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #180
mchnbuilt
Lude Dude

mchnbuilt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosko View Post
I measured at one time but I didnt write any of it down, I can get that info next time I have one on hand though. I do not know what grade of stainless they are using.
Id appreciate it, someone just got primary dimessions so you dont have to do that found a thread on it today

http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=351486

mchnbuilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 03:29 AM   #181
curtis265
Getting Comfortable

curtis265 is on a distinguished road
Just wondering... How much for a set shipped to Perth Western Australia?
curtis265 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 02:23 AM   #182
Deanorth

Deanorth is on a distinguished road
I know it'll cost a bit to make that flight around the globe to Reunion island, but I've made my choice, and this is the header I'll put on my BB6.
Rosco, I've sent an email to you, to prepare my heart attack for the shipping price
Deanorth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2012, 02:30 AM   #183
Deanorth

Deanorth is on a distinguished road
I just have a question though. Those 4-2-1 setup are better for mid or high? I want to tune my car for low to mid power, not really high, so just a question
Deanorth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #184
Cruiserdude
Type-Esss

Cruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Cruiserdude

I'd rather not say what's going on with my car just yet, but I may be getting a lot of new parts soon. Any word yet on if this header is comparable in power, or better, to the Hytech replicas floating around?

-Andrew-

'01 Premium White Pearl Type SH-ATTS Baby!!!

Click
to join the official Prelude Power Facebook group, we don't bite!
Cruiserdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #185
catacon
Ludimus Catacus

catacon is a jewel in the roughcatacon is a jewel in the roughcatacon is a jewel in the roughcatacon is a jewel in the rough

Looks like the HyTech rep may make more HP; probably depends a lot of other mods and the tune. And being a replica, build quality is lacking and you will need to notch the crossmember to use the rep (lame).
catacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #186
deludedbbsik
Asian Assassin

deludedbbsik has a spectacular aura aboutdeludedbbsik has a spectacular aura aboutdeludedbbsik has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to deludedbbsik

Someone did a custom 4-1 collector and made more power over hytechh rep.

I saw a link and was in a hurry Somewhere I Didnt save it. I'll get back once I find it.
deludedbbsik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #187
91Prelude*HPS
Lude Dude

91Prelude*HPS is on a distinguished road
Is the header still for sale?? I was debating on this and the Hytech rep but I hate the fact that it hangs low and the modification of the cross member sucks.
91Prelude*HPS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #188
Rosko
Vendor

Yup they are still available, still going for $550 shipped in the US

<< my h23Vtec build

Old 06-24-2012, 03:29 AM   #189
CyborgGT
Getting Comfortable

CyborgGT is on a distinguished road
What HyTech replica are you guys referring to that has ground clearance issues? Is that what the HighEnd/Logic header is? I do a search for a HyTech header and two different styles come up. I've been researching my future exhaust system and I've narrowed it down to the Vibrant and Logic headers, I've heard of the latter making some pretty good power and it looks like a quality piece. Despite needing to notch the stock cross-member (I'd get a traction bar regardless of my header anyway), it hugs the oil pan pretty well. Full 2.5" exhaust is planned, or 3" if I can make it streetably quiet, and a flex pipe would definitely be in there for the sake of longevity.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 06-24-2012 at 03:39 AM.
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 06:14 PM   #190
Kyleb1115
NOMnomNOM

Kyleb1115 will become famous soon enoughKyleb1115 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Kyleb1115 Send a message via MSN to Kyleb1115 Send a message via Yahoo to Kyleb1115 Send a message via Skype™ to Kyleb1115

Prelude of the Month

anyone know where to get a replacement spring? the ones that hold the header together where it flexes a little.. mine is somehow missing, im assuming it just broke and flew off. not cyl 1 is leaking bad and i cant find a spring that has nearly the same tension...... =[ helppp

1 of 2 JRSC H22A 4th gens
276WHP 238TQ on Dynapak @ Evans Tuning

<-Or PM me for more info and a discount.

Kyleb1115 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #191
sdlude
Getting Comfortable

sdlude is on a distinguished road
are these carbbed?

sdlude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #192
Rosko
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyleb1115 View Post
anyone know where to get a replacement spring? the ones that hold the header together where it flexes a little.. mine is somehow missing, im assuming it just broke and flew off. not cyl 1 is leaking bad and i cant find a spring that has nearly the same tension...... =[ helppp

Kyle I've got one on order for you, just havent had time to get back to you. PM me your address and I will get it shipped out to you once its here.

<< my h23Vtec build

Old 06-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #193
Rosko
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlude View Post
are these carbbed?

Nope. Only header I know of that is would be the DC sports, but its also alot smaller because of that too.

<< my h23Vtec build

Old 07-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #194
NC92preludeSi
Lude Dude

NC92preludeSi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
What HyTech replica are you guys referring to that has ground clearance issues? Is that what the HighEnd/Logic header is? I do a search for a HyTech header and two different styles come up. I've been researching my future exhaust system and I've narrowed it down to the Vibrant and Logic headers, I've heard of the latter making some pretty good power and it looks like a quality piece. Despite needing to notch the stock cross-member (I'd get a traction bar regardless of my header anyway), it hugs the oil pan pretty well. Full 2.5" exhaust is planned, or 3" if I can make it streetably quiet, and a flex pipe would definitely be in there for the sake of longevity.
I think you can work the 3" w/ resonators.... I think all the hytec/tri-y rep variations are basically the same as this one... http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313773
'92 SI > JDM H22A/LSD swap, 2 row AL radiator, custom intake and 2.5" exhaust, ceramic 421 header, high-flow cat, titanium muffler, stg1 clutch, sport suspension w/ camber kit and F/R strut tower bars, eCtuned ECU
NC92preludeSi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #195
Chett says
Lude Dude

Chett says will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Chett says
Hey Rosko, I'd like one of these headers. How long would one take to ship to 40601? Ready to send payment immediately.
Chett says is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2012, 12:29 AM   #196
henrydopham

henrydopham is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosko View Post
Some of the pics in this thread and on my facebook page are of a type-s Prelude. The prelude in the video is a type-s. I think the flex section touches the atts unit, or at least its very close.

any exact measurements or have anyone with a type sh that has purchased these yet? I'm curious as well for I have a type SH and interested in these.
henrydopham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #197
98__SH
Lude Addict

98__SH will become famous soon enough98__SH will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrydopham View Post
any exact measurements or have anyone with a type sh that has purchased these yet? I'm curious as well for I have a type SH and interested in these.
It's pretty close/touching the ATTS, but it fits and works great overall IMO

You must prepare well for the Touge

2002 Subaru WRX w/STi Parts and Access Port (crashed)
1998 Honda Prelude SH (
)
98__SH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #198
CamBow
Getting Comfortable

CamBow is on a distinguished road
Hey just wondering anyone from canada who has ordered these what there total price was after duty and taxes and all that jazz, just cause i live in mississauga ontario where vibrant is made but there price is 704$ if i can get for cheaper here then i mean why not.
CamBow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #199
Snowblind7x

Snowblind7x is on a distinguished road
Does this header delete the o2 sensor? Doesn't the o2 sensor plug into the downpipe in a stock setup? I have a 4th gen btw...
Snowblind7x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2014, 07:27 PM   #200
aznblueboy
True Luder

aznblueboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamBow View Post
Hey just wondering anyone from canada who has ordered these what there total price was after duty and taxes and all that jazz, just cause i live in mississauga ontario where vibrant is made but there price is 704$ if i can get for cheaper here then i mean why not.
just have him ship it to you as a gift with a lower value. no tax and duty. Shipping might be as much as $50 more though.
aznblueboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement