Meguiars Brilliant Solutions Paint Restoration Kit - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
ShadowKing_05
I am Prelude

ShadowKing_05 will become famous soon enoughShadowKing_05 will become famous soon enough
Meguiars Brilliant Solutions Paint Restoration Kit

Okay so the Redonkulara has been rather neglected and after allllll this time working on the engine, brakes, and suspension restoring them to decent functionality; I figure the paint is the next step

So I gave her a base wash with some cheapy cheapy Meguiars wash just to clean off the dirt that must've been on there for YEARS.

Post wash

The pics aren't the greatest but you might be able to spot some dirt on the front bumper still. I soaped her 3 times and she still has some ingrain stains.

Used the 2 bucket method of course and by the time I was done, before the wheels, I had crude oil in those buckets it was that bad.

But anyways I deviate. I was researching for a good, real bang for the buck cleaning solution that would help get that white restored to it's brilliance.

So here I am looking through various detailing websites when I stumble across this kit by Meguiars.

http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-pai...ation-kit.html

Their "Brilliant Solution Paint Restoration kit" and it seemed to be exactly what I was looking for. Hell for only 28 bucks it seemed like a steal

I was going to buy it from said website but the shipping was outrageous so I get to googling and find out that the walmart next town over has the kits for 22 bucks!

So I go and pick it up.

The Kit includes:

16 oz. Meguiars Gold Class Wash
25 g. Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Bar
8.5 oz. Meguiars Quik Detailer
10 oz Meguiars Ultimate Compound
Meguiars Soft Foam Applicator Pad
Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfiber towel
6 oz Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Plus
Meguiars Soft Foam Applicator Pad
Meguiars Supreme Shine Microfiber towel

And I was planning on using it today but this fucking rain is messing with my shit so it's going to wait till either tomorrow or friday.

This will be my first time ever using a kit like this and I hope it does the trick. I'll be sure to take plenty of before and afters.
ShadowKing_05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2011, 09:57 PM   #2
ShadowKing_05
I am Prelude

ShadowKing_05 will become famous soon enoughShadowKing_05 will become famous soon enough
The only thing I'm kinda worried about is the Clay bar. I don't know if 25grams is enough to do my car
Old 10-20-2011, 01:13 AM   #3
Sir S Spec
Lude Dude

Sir S Spec is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKing_05 View Post
The only thing I'm kinda worried about is the Clay bar. I don't know if 25grams is enough to do my car

You should be okay. I clay barred mine twice with the same piece. It came up great both times. I still have one bar left and plenty of the spray detailer left over too.
Sir S Spec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
ShadowKing_05
I am Prelude

Have you ever used this kit before?

they said it's enough to do 2 cars so I figured the clay should last for AT LEAST A car
Old 10-20-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
Sir S Spec
Lude Dude

No I just used the meguires clay bar kit. The bar in your kit looks to be about the same size as what came with mine.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:52 PM   #6
ShadowKing_05
I am Prelude

The Meguiars Clay Bar Kit actually has 2 x 50 gram bars.

Mine is a measly 25g.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
schmitty
Lude Boss

schmitty has a spectacular aura aboutschmitty has a spectacular aura aboutschmitty has a spectacular aura about
Did you ever get around to using this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- PM me if you have questions

be the change you want to see in the world
schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #8
ShadowKing_05
I am Prelude

Yeah dude. Fuck I totally forgot about this

When you saw it is right after I just used this kit. Bitch was dinnnggggyyyyyy before. Now she's actually white
Old 04-05-2012, 07:09 AM   #9
schmitty
Lude Boss

schmitty has a spectacular aura aboutschmitty has a spectacular aura aboutschmitty has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowKing_05 View Post
Yeah dude. Fuck I totally forgot about this

When you saw it is right after I just used this kit. Bitch was dinnnggggyyyyyy before. Now she's actually white
Nice, nice. I'm about to get this and put in some work this weekend.

- PM me if you have questions

be the change you want to see in the world
schmitty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
ShadowKing_05
I am Prelude

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitty915 View Post
Nice, nice. I'm about to get this and put in some work this weekend.
DOOOO ITTTTTTT.

I was telling you a nice compound and clay bar would really brighten her up.

Just be sure to wash and do all of this in the shade for best results.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #11
Sir S Spec
Lude Dude

That Ultimate Compound stuff is good even on it's own. It's harsh enough that you see results without spending a whole lotta time, but gentle enough that you won't completely ruin your paint (if it's in good shape) if you're new to polishing and buffing.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #12
vtecpower20
True Luder

vtecpower20 will become famous soon enoughvtecpower20 will become famous soon enough
If you just want to clean your car, the kit should get the job done. Not really sure what the point of including compound in the kit is though. That's for removing deep swirls and light scratches, which you really can't do by hand. You could spend 2 hours buffing 1 panel with the ultimate compound and one of those foam applicators and still not make a dent in the swirls. You really need a machine polisher for the compound to do much of anything.
vtecpower20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #13
redrider54

redrider54 is on a distinguished road
i've used all their products on my cars, they work wonders, I just clayed mined and waxed it, its baby bottom smooth
redrider54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #14
SnowWhiteLude
Lude Cray

SnowWhiteLude will become famous soon enoughSnowWhiteLude will become famous soon enough
Looking at buying that compound to use with a RO polisher, I already will be using Meguiar's Deep Crystal Wet Look Wax Cleaner - paint hasnt been touched in about 4 years shortly of normal washing.

Will that compound be harsh enough to strip back a fair bit of abuse?

"Ambition meeting imagination, coupled with Innovation"
SnowWhiteLude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2012, 07:35 PM   #15
vtecpower20
True Luder

vtecpower20 will become famous soon enoughvtecpower20 will become famous soon enough
Should be. That particular compound breaks down pretty quickly though, so you'll use quite a bit.

It's what I used the first time I detailed my 'lude after I bought it. It wouldn't remove some of the bad water spots on my spoiler and trunk lid, but it took out all the swirls and shallow scratches pretty well.
vtecpower20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #16
Armystrong

Armystrong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecpower20 View Post
Should be. That particular compound breaks down pretty quickly though, so you'll use quite a bit.

It's what I used the first time I detailed my 'lude after I bought it. It wouldn't remove some of the bad water spots on my spoiler and trunk lid, but it took out all the swirls and shallow scratches pretty well.
I used this kit on my Tundra and Honda Accord. Definitely made a brilliant shine. Alot of work though.
Armystrong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement