If you could buy any car under $36K what would you buy? - Page 10 - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #226
MommysLittleMonster
Opinionated Bastard

MommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MommysLittleMonster

Prelude of the Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Twenty Teg View Post
this, and the rest on building the motor 9500 rpm+750hp.
Mmmm. I love those cars. No idea why you would want to rev it that high, but good choice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MommysLittleMonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2011, 06:13 PM   #227
LEGiTLUDA
Deluded

LEGiTLUDA will become famous soon enough
If i had 36K, i'd buy a used NSX for about $28K, the rest I'd buy a K20'd EK for DD.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LEGiTLUDA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #228
Lao Tuna
True Luder

Lao Tuna is on a distinguished road
wow "talking about bringing a thread back from the dead" but yea i am felling the 2011 mustang gt and i still might have left over for a KB blowzilla
Old 01-28-2011, 09:09 AM   #229
gqprelude
Getting Comfortable

gqprelude is on a distinguished road
98 supra 6 spd. targa top. with some 19"ccw classics. gt47-88. 3.4L stroked = pure sex! I'd choose this over the hottest girl in the world, hands down.
gqprelude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #230
cshiznitzj
Lude Dude

cshiznitzj is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cshiznitzj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Tuna View Post
wow "talking about bringing a thread back from the dead" but yea i am felling the 2011 mustang gt and i still might have left over for a KB blowzilla

fresh and clean by cshiznitzj, on Flickr
Old 01-28-2011, 12:43 PM   #231
mischief3003
Getting Comfortable

mischief3003 is on a distinguished road
65 GTO convertible, BMW 135 or a new mustang 5.0. I miss my rwd
mischief3003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 12:52 PM   #232
nordicBBsex
Sky's out, thighs out

nordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to behold
Wagovan with a tundra motor and drivetrain. Te he. But seriously I want to do that.

nordicBBsex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #233
Sefuthun

Sefuthun is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Tuna View Post

The new 5.0's pull hard...my cousin has one...wish I had one...
Sefuthun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2011, 04:35 AM   #234
Cuthberte

Cuthberte is on a distinguished road
Hi
Only the best option is Honda S2k.
Love to drive this baby car. Good to drift.
Thanks

Cuthberte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2011, 04:25 PM   #235
Cruiserdude
Type-Esss

Cruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Cruiserdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Twenty Teg View Post

this, and the rest on building the motor 9500 rpm+750hp.
I have to agree, the Evo VI is definitely my favorite. Is that an imported one, or a Mirage conversion? I know its a bit of work to do the full conversion from a Mirage, but it can and has been done a few times. I'd think you could do it for 36k if you did most of the work yourself. But yeah, a VI TME, Rallye Red with the stripe package and everything would be a blast!

Other cars I'd strongly consider:

R32 GT-R (should be able to find one at that price by now)

S15 Spec-R, pearl white, with a Vertex Ridge full widebody kit (obviously the kit would have to come later)

Evo IX MR (a better, less risky DD than a VI, if not as engaging or rare)

FD RX-7, a built 2 or 3 rotor, or an LSX swap should be able to be had for this price

There's talk of Hyundai putting their Tau V8, which was just bored out to 5 liters, in the Genesis Coupe, and the R-Spec model should be under 36k. So if they make one, then I'll take that.

-Andrew-

'01 Premium White Pearl Type SH-ATTS Baby!!!

Click
to join the official Prelude Power Facebook group, we don't bite!
Cruiserdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #236
ExtremeAtheist
Lude Boss

ExtremeAtheist is a jewel in the roughExtremeAtheist is a jewel in the roughExtremeAtheist is a jewel in the roughExtremeAtheist is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiserdude View Post
the kit would have to come later)

FD RX-7, a built 2 or 3 rotor, or an LSX swap should be able to be had for this price
lsx will make more power, more reliably, than a rotary can even dream of. The lsx/t56 swap is about 6000, another 1000 on top of that and you can have 5-600whp and 5-600wtq. Sure you can get those numbers from a rotary but the lsx will make similar numbers the entire rev band where the rotary will only make those numbers for a tiny few rpms.
For 10-12,000 you can build a tt lsx making north of 1000whp. I saw a clean fd go for 13,000, so even if it's 15,000 you can drop 12,000 on a tt lsx and still be waaaay under budget.

Last edited by ExtremeAtheist; 02-24-2011 at 04:41 PM.
ExtremeAtheist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2011, 05:42 PM   #237
nordicBBsex
Sky's out, thighs out

nordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to beholdnordicBBsex is a splendid one to behold
^ I will own an ls7 miata. It's only a matter of time.

nordicBBsex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #238
Old$koolLude
Banned

Old$koolLude will become famous soon enough
2012 370z mmmmm lol
or i could build one nasty lil biotch with my rt4wd wagon double mmm haha and have some $$ left over for a DD k20 ek.and a 5th gen lude turbo project
Old$koolLude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #239
Old$koolLude
Banned

cruiserdude- was it nessisary to post pics of the cars damnit now i cant quit fapping and my g/f looks like a toaster stroddle haha
Old 02-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #240
ExtremeAtheist
Lude Boss

ExtremeAtheist is a jewel in the roughExtremeAtheist is a jewel in the roughExtremeAtheist is a jewel in the roughExtremeAtheist is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicBBsex View Post
^ I will own an ls7 miata. It's only a matter of time.
Friend of mine.

Vs a 500whp mustang

Last edited by ExtremeAtheist; 02-24-2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:19 PM   #241
cshiznitzj
Lude Dude

What is done to the 5.0, how does it have 500 hp? If it was supercharged it would/should be far above 500 hp unless real conservative. The only 500 hp NA 5.0 i know of is JPC car with ported heads, ground cams, and boss intake, and normal bolt ons. I don't hear a PD or centri in the video, if it is NA then that car is well under 500.

Last edited by cshiznitzj; 02-24-2011 at 08:33 PM.
cshiznitzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #242
ExtremeAtheist
Lude Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshiznitzj View Post
What is done to the 5.0, how does it have 500 hp? If it was supercharged it would/should be far above 500 hp unless real conservative. The only 500 hp NA 5.0 i know of is JPC car with ported heads, ground cams, and boss intake, and normal bolt ons. I don't hear a PD or centri in the video, if it is NA then that car is well under 500.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdcOqkpKmug
n2o

Same miata vs a stock 2011 gt

Last edited by ExtremeAtheist; 02-24-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #243
cshiznitzj
Lude Dude

^ The stock car has no chance vs a 2700 lb car with that power. I'm waiting to see the 5.0 swap in a fox body mustang that weighs about the same.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #244
ExtremeAtheist
Lude Boss

In those 2 videos the miata had 360 whp, now he is putting better heads and n20 in it. He wants 500whp.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #245
cshiznitzj
Lude Dude

He doesn't even need heads. 150 shot and easily be there.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #246
Cruiserdude
Type-Esss

Cruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the roughCruiserdude is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Cruiserdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeAtheist View Post
lsx will make more power, more reliably, than a rotary can even dream of. The lsx/t56 swap is about 6000, another 1000 on top of that and you can have 5-600whp and 5-600wtq. Sure you can get those numbers from a rotary but the lsx will make similar numbers the entire rev band where the rotary will only make those numbers for a tiny few rpms.
For 10-12,000 you can build a tt lsx making north of 1000whp. I saw a clean fd go for 13,000, so even if it's 15,000 you can drop 12,000 on a tt lsx and still be waaaay under budget.
Oh, I agree than an LSX makes more financial sense, and is a reliable engine with a great powerband. My buddy had a LSFD, and it was damn fast, but downright scary on the streets because of how much torque it had. So I definitely wouldn't want a TT LSX, that'd be outta control, haha.

If I had a big budget though, rotaries are just so much more fun. I love revs, and how smooth they are at high rpms. Oh, and they can sound like this:

-Andrew-

'01 Premium White Pearl Type SH-ATTS Baby!!!

Click
to join the official Prelude Power Facebook group, we don't bite!
Cruiserdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2011, 12:29 AM   #247
ExtremeAtheist
Lude Boss

He's probably got 36,000 in just the engine alone.

Old 02-26-2011, 03:11 AM   #248
NYPrelude
True Luder

NYPrelude is on a distinguished road
I think this post should be nothing but for new cars off the lot, not used cause God knows we can pick almost anything then and pull anything. Since im in the market for a new/lightly used car im going 100 percent with the 370z. Drove a SS Camaro and although it was fun, it was cheap as hell inside and the 370z is so refined. Honda doesnt make shit so im sticking with the sexy Z.

NYPrelude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #249
Old$koolLude
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPrelude View Post
I think this post should be nothing but for new cars off the lot, not used cause God knows we can pick almost anything then and pull anything. Since im in the market for a new/lightly used car im going 100 percent with the 370z. Drove a SS Camaro and although it was fun, it was cheap as hell inside and the 370z is so refined. Honda doesnt make shit so im sticking with the sexy Z.
i agree man i test drove a 370z last week and i instantly fell in love as soon as i sat in it lol very fun car too
Old 02-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #250
cshiznitzj
Lude Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPrelude View Post
370z is a great car. Plan to install a oil cooler when you get it, the oil temperature will ramp up if you push the car. Don't expect to pick up much or any power with a tune. I personally don't like the way the camero looks.
Advertisement