Honda Prelude Forum banner

4ws Ryan Starts Fresh. New build thread.

3rd Gen_ 
124K views 639 replies 98 participants last post by  huggies 
#1 ·
#2 ·
No info or anything! Suspense is gonna build. lol.

#4 · (Edited)
Alright preludepower, here it is. I'm going to finally go big with the lude and make it my own.

Motor:
f20b with lsd transmission
AEM EMS series 2
Rywire Harness

a few bisimoto goodies, unique intake set up

Suspension:
Function Form type II Coilovers

Rollers:
15x7 Volk CE28n

Interior:
Stay tuned, it'll be original ;)

#5 ·
Thus far i have purchased, another 1991 Prelude ALB model for dirt cheap and has a minty interior which is all mine :smilejap: . Also mounts and axles. Just need to swap the other prelude so i can order my h22!

Prelude #2 I have a spare b21a1 so if you need any parts off it hit me up!

The spotless seats i will be stealing!

Everything else I swaped over

Sofa King Fresh!

Even have a full set of floormats now! bit rough but i'll take em

The B20a5 that will be going in lude #2, it served me we'll :smilejap:

Stay tuned for a striped bay, mildly shaved, and repainted. Also hope to find my interior and motor parts that will make it a one of a kind h swap!

#8 ·
Damn dude. Your car is gonna be nice as shit when your done. I wish my floor mats looked like yours. Mine are HORRIBLE!! lol. But I cant complain they do their job.

#20 ·
Cool man, I'm assuming your going for engineering?

Little bit of the wire mess that i have on my hands. I'm debating on removing the heater core. Opinions?

This was my ac compressor wiring. It was grounded out on the radiator support :warning: Yet on the way to Import Alliance the compressor clutch was trying to engage :?: Weird, oh well, wont be needing that have thing anymore!

oh those wires were also toasted

Start of the wire tuck

Dash out, I found a ticket from 1993 underneath lol

wonder where this guy is going to go :music:

also found a blown fuse, maybe be my fan issues :/

The complete passenger harness.

#26 ·
Thanks man, im looking forward to those functions and forms. I loved them on vbm's owners, Eli, 99 Civic!

i want to upgrade suspension but dont feel like dropping $900 but i dont want the type I's. i might end up just doing some race springs cuz i have tokicos with like 10k miles on them. i have a few friends that go to vermillion too
Gotta pay to play man. But I have had no complaints with my eibach springs hopefully my pan clearance is good until i get the coilovers :afraid:

I have the same dilemma dude. but with the H22 I don't want to drop about 400 on setup that will scrape like crazy and I don't want to drop 700 or so on type 1's that don't have the dampening adjustment that I would need. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and get type2's or ksports when the time comes.
I'll let you guys know how the pan sits with eibach springs since i'll be rocking those for awhile. Pan clearance is also why im going for 16x7's ;)

Going to be working on lude #2 this weekend. Hopefully i can get her running good by sunday so i can sell it and get a h22 on the way!

#25 ·
I have the same dilemma dude. but with the H22 I don't want to drop about 400 on setup that will scrape like crazy and I don't want to drop 700 or so on type 1's that don't have the dampening adjustment that I would need. I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and get type2's or ksports when the time comes.

#27 ·
Hey man, Looking good. Your orig build is what got me thinking about Acura Hammer rims for my car (fat-5s)...you also were the one who advised me on the 99/00 Si center caps fitting...I love that combo on the 3rd Gen. Can't wait to see how your new build turns out.

Keep up the good work!
-B.

#30 · (Edited)
Thanks man, and no problem always looking to help out a fellow luder!
I'm looking forward to this summer, so i can actually drive this car. I hardly drove it last summer

Very nice. I highly recommend getting the new coilover system before you swap that H22 in, you will hit I promise.

The Tokikos and springs are too soft when you hit dips in the road, I can tell you that from experience.

I have favor to ask of you, but I will pm you.
I'm sure I'll hit somewhere along the line, hopefully I have coilovers before Import Alliance next summer. I just hope the springs will suffice for at least a summer

Can't wait to see how this turns out
After seeing how clean your car was in person at Honda's with Heart there's no doubt in my mind that it'll only get better
Thanks man, hopefully it makes it back to honda's with heart #2!!!

This page needs pictures, so here's one from honda's with heart

#34 ·
haha hopefully not, this car is only getting driven in the rain on the way to or from import alliance if that sort of weather happens.

your car needs to stop looking so sexy making me feel good in el panteloones
lol sorrry my bad. keep looking at my engine bay for now :p then the rest of the car will look like garbage.

Excited about this build thread
as am I! looking forward to getting started on the swap process.

made some progress Tuesday, removed all the A/C components from the firewall and cleaned up the garage :p

made some executive decision this week.
-Heat will be getting the axe for weight reduction and bay cleanliness
-Bay will be going through a pretty good shaving :)
-Intake manifold set up has been sorted out minus the wiring.
-Full line sorted out hella stealth.
-Hopefully figured out a stealthy battery location right on the firewall. custom bracket here we come!

need to decided how/where to run my engine harness then get the bay striped. hopefully get that done next Tuesday then get started on filling the bay! When that is done subframe is getting dropped and re-powder-coated for minty freshness along with all the other suspension pieces :)

Have a Happy Halloween PreludePower stay safe :pumpkin:

Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.