Best coilovers for prelude? - Honda Prelude Forum : Honda Prelude Forums
Home Forums Albums POTM Garage iTrader Arcade
Register FAQ Insurance Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PreludePower.com is the premier Honda Prelude Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
ALBINO BUDDY

ALBINO BUDDY is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Best coilovers for prelude?

What are the best hands down coilovers for preludes
ALBINO BUDDY is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
DailyDrvn Lude
True Luder

DailyDrvn Lude is on a distinguished road
there is alot but most ppl prefer KONI/GC setup i got G2 and i love them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DailyDrvn Lude
DailyDrvn Lude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
MommysLittleMonster
Opinionated Bastard

MommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MommysLittleMonster

Prelude of the Month

How deep are your pockets? Depends on how much you have to spend.

I'm rocking a set of Function & Form coilovers on my 'Lude, i love em!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MommysLittleMonster is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
ALBINO BUDDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post

Well i could probably do like 1k or like 1.5k but thats at the absolute most. If theres like pretty good ones for more around 500-600 hundred id be happy with that to
Old 10-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
kevprelude
True Luder

kevprelude is on a distinguished road
ive run many setups....kyb agx/rsr springs, function and form, megan racing, and now STD Standard S5's....and my fave has got to be between the megan racing and STD's....Buddy Club race spec are pretty baller also!

but if you wanna know whats the BEST hands down, then we can start to get technical and talk about Moton Suspension at like 4000$
kevprelude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
MommysLittleMonster
Opinionated Bastard

MommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to beholdMommysLittleMonster is a splendid one to behold

Prelude of the Month

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBINO BUDDY View Post
Well i could probably do like 1k or like 1.5k but thats at the absolute most. If theres like pretty good ones for more around 500-600 hundred id be happy with that to
I bought my Function & Form coilovers for $700 from Wek Sos Industries and i couldn't be happier. I daily drive my car and race the piss out of it, these have taken quite the abuse and performed awesome for the price.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:15 PM   #7
ALBINO BUDDY

Quote:
I bought my Function & Form coilovers for $700 from Wek Sos Industries and i couldn't be happier. I daily drive my car and race the piss out of it, these have taken quite the abuse and performed awesome for the price.
Sweet. So those coilovers give you like avid response? and are they adjustable. Or are all coilovers adjustable. I know that question sounds absolutley retarted but i dont know much about coilovers
Old 10-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #8
ALBINO BUDDY

Quote:
and are skunk2 coilovers garbage cause there only like 250 lol
Old 10-19-2009, 07:31 PM   #9
MommysLittleMonster
Opinionated Bastard

Prelude of the Month

Quote:
Sweet. So those coilovers give you like avid response? and are they adjustable. Or are all coilovers adjustable. I know that question sounds absolutley retarted but i dont know much about coilovers
Quote:
and are skunk2 coilovers garbage cause there only like 250 lol
I've been very, very pleased with them so far. Mine are height and preload adjustable (Type 1's), but they make fully adjustable versions for more- Type 2's. Even being non-adjustable, the feedback, stability, and overall firmness i feel from mine are a totally different world from anything i've had under my car before. I had ground controls for about 2 weeks with KYB GR2's, S-Tech's on GR2's, and stock as a rock- i will never go back to non-coilovers.

Skunk2 coilovers are crap. If there is one bit of advice i can give you, it's this- YOU ALWAYS get what you pay for!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #10
shaylude01
boostdBBsex

shaylude01 is just really niceshaylude01 is just really niceshaylude01 is just really niceshaylude01 is just really niceshaylude01 is just really nice

Quote:
I've been very, very pleased with them so far. Mine are height and preload adjustable (Type 1's), but they make fully adjustable versions for more- Type 2's. Even being non-adjustable, the feedback, stability, and overall firmness i feel from mine are a totally different world from anything i've had under my car before. I had ground controls for about 2 weeks with KYB GR2's, S-Tech's on GR2's, and stock as a rock- i will never go back to non-coilovers.

Skunk2 coilovers are crap. If there is one bit of advice i can give you, it's this- YOU ALWAYS get what you pay for!!!
I've got them... they work fine for me.

Turbo Build Thread:

2001 EBP Prelude Base (USDM) -> Boosted - 10.3psi - First purchased car, a never ending project
1996 DB7 Integra -> JDM front/JDM GSR b18c
1993 EG Civic drag car -> H2b'd H22 - Long term project
1993 Nissan 180sx
1991 Honda Accord
1978 GMC Sierra 2wd
1981 Chevy Silverado 4wd
2013 Chevy Silverado LTZ
shaylude01 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 07:38 PM   #11
All Mighty
Lude Addict

All Mighty is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to All Mighty
When i had my old prelude I had Vision Full Coilovers. It handled like a dream. The only thing was, it is bouncy as hell. But you learn to live with it after a while.

2004 Acura RSX-S
2004 GMC Sierra 3500-Diesel baby
2005 Yamaha YZ250F-Weekend Warrior
1996 Honda CR250-Project Bike
All Mighty is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 07:46 PM   #12
DailyDrvn Lude
True Luder

for u price range i would recommend you get the JIC magic those are extremely baller coilovers best there is IMO

DailyDrvn Lude
Old 10-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #13
jimbo24
Ludacious

jimbo24 will become famous soon enough

Prelude of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyDrvn Lude View Post
for u price range i would recommend you get the JIC magic those are extremely baller coilovers best there is IMO
+1

jic magic ftmfw! when i finish some other projects and save up enough, i'm planning to sell my tein coilovers for some jic magic's!

|
|

jimbo24 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #14
ALBINO BUDDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo24 View Post
+1

jic magic ftmfw! when i finish some other projects and save up enough, i'm planning to sell my tein coilovers for some jic magic's!
sick. Jic magic's huh. Omg i just looked those up. Dude there almost 2k lol. I bet there ridiculous though. Jeeze i could buy a poopy civic hatch for that much lol. Or like two 3rd gen ludes. Or lots of snickers bars. Or i could import a little china baby and have him make all my stuff for free
Old 10-19-2009, 08:12 PM   #15
MommysLittleMonster
Opinionated Bastard

Prelude of the Month

Quote:
sick. Jic magic's huh. Omg i just looked those up. Dude there almost 2k lol. I bet there ridiculous though. Jeeze i could buy a poopy civic hatch for that much lol. Or like two 3rd gen ludes. Or lots of snickers bars. Or i could import a little china baby and have him make all my stuff for free
LMAO.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:36 PM   #16
ALBINO BUDDY

Quote:
LMAO.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #17
Vi3tboiwiz
Getting Comfortable

Vi3tboiwiz is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Sorry for intruding as I didn't want to make a new thread on nearly the same topic, but I'm looking at the Type 1 Function & Form coilovers from weksos and they are full coilovers right? That means I don't need to buy new shocks right? I'm just looking to lower my car about 1.5" mainly just for looks.

http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/...cat=812&page=1
Vi3tboiwiz is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #18
ethereal2pt2
I am Prelude

ethereal2pt2 will become famous soon enoughethereal2pt2 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi3tboiwiz View Post
Sorry for intruding as I didn't want to make a new thread on nearly the same topic, but I'm looking at the Type 1 Function & Form coilovers from weksos and they are full coilovers right? That means I don't need to buy new shocks right? I'm just looking to lower my car about 1.5" mainly just for looks.

http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/...cat=812&page=1
yes..

edit:

this is a coilover SPRING. they require struts.

"Getting a good girl is like getting a good parking spot. All the good ones are taken and the only ones left are handicap."
ethereal2pt2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2009, 11:01 PM   #19
kc-hoodsta
True Luder

kc-hoodsta is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylude01 View Post
I've got them... they work fine for me.

same here i have them also on tokiko shocks

they are great they are stiff but when you hit a bump they dont hit toooo hard like other suspensions

Quote:
First off, the element Iridium comes from the asteroid that brought the extinction of the dinosaurs. So with a set of Iridium plugs you are harnessing the ultimate power of entire-species annihilation with every turn over. Dinosaurs died for your reliable cold-start during harsh winters!!
kc-hoodsta is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2009, 12:53 AM   #20
DailyDrvn Lude
True Luder

im surprised ppl on here have FF coilovers, i heard so many bad things abt them.

DailyDrvn Lude
Old 10-20-2009, 02:05 AM   #21
408lude

408lude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 408lude
d2 coilovers

I have D2 RS coilovers which i had bought for a little under $900 shipped.
They come with a spring rate of F 12kg R 9kg, but i wanted the ride to be as least bouncy as possible, so i got the available custom spring rates of F 9kg R 5kg. The ride isnt too bad considering that i have them lowered all the way in front, also on fully stiffened damper settings(36 way dampner and rebound adjustable btw). I probably would have ben happy with the "off the shelf" spring rates also but im satisfied with them so far. My car handles much more responsive now than with the stock sh suspension.
408lude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2009, 02:18 AM   #22
shaylude01
boostdBBsex

shaylude01 is just really niceshaylude01 is just really niceshaylude01 is just really niceshaylude01 is just really niceshaylude01 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc-hoodsta View Post
same here i have them also on tokiko shocks

they are great they are stiff but when you hit a bump they dont hit toooo hard like other suspensions
Yep, quite stiff lol. But i like that feeling.. not sure why. Im still rockin' the stock struts though. I think one of them is blown, ill be buying new struts soon, probably toxico blues

Turbo Build Thread:

2001 EBP Prelude Base (USDM) -> Boosted - 10.3psi - First purchased car, a never ending project
1996 DB7 Integra -> JDM front/JDM GSR b18c
1993 EG Civic drag car -> H2b'd H22 - Long term project
1993 Nissan 180sx
1991 Honda Accord
1978 GMC Sierra 2wd
1981 Chevy Silverado 4wd
2013 Chevy Silverado LTZ
shaylude01 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2009, 04:24 AM   #23
boymeetsfence
True Luder

boymeetsfence will become famous soon enough
Anyone got an opinion on Ksports?

boymeetsfence is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2009, 05:47 AM   #24
sweeetlude

sweeetlude is on a distinguished road
tanabe makes good stuff eh??

what are everyones views on their coilovers?
sweeetlude is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #25
Coop760
True Luder

Coop760 is on a distinguished road
You can Buy Ksprt, JiC Magics, and D2's On ebay......im debating on a set up myself!

BB698: Daily Driver

97Hatch:Totaled hit water pipe.
Coop760 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread