Honda Prelude Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

k20 prelude?

18K views 103 replies 37 participants last post by  flylwsi 
#1 ·

Just saw this over on a local forum.... thought I'd share and allow the rest of you to admire this 4th gen.

If this works, it also works in a 5th gen... then a 3rd gen K20 can happen.

See less See more
#7 ·
They don't have mounts made for a 5th gen yet. Nor do they have the axles, harness, header or anything you will need to do the hybrid available yet. I say everyone should give it a year before jumping on Hasports brand new mounts. I've heard of problems at first, but is to be expected. I think you will need a new shift linkage too since its a 6 speed? For all that money, you could build a NICE H22A =).

#18 ·
wow first time findind out that it has been done in a 5th gen

#19 ·
time to go find me a rsx-s to rip that bitching k20 out of, ill think of it, like filesharing, its not stealing >=)

#21 ·
250whp with just bolt-ons is a bit excessive I think. They're fantastic motors and definitely better than H22s. But CAI + RH + RBC + Kpro isn't going to turn into 250whp.

There is still an argument that you could get more from spending the same amount of money on the H-series in the car already, but eh. I'd take the K no questions asked.

#66 ·
250whp with just bolt-ons is a bit excessive I think. They're fantastic motors and definitely better than H22s. But CAI + RH + RBC + Kpro isn't going to turn into 250whp.
you're right it wont.
it will turn ~300 whp.

there are a few on h-t making 290whp with bolt ons and kpro

that swap is using hasport mounts...I wonder if he bought a kit for a cd7 and made it work in the lude.

#26 ·
can you read, at all? :dontgetit:

Lol, you have no idea what the K20 is and or is capable of becoming. With bolt ons, the K20 can make well over 250whp. I have yet to see any H22 with bolt ons come close to that. The ability to have 100mmstroke and rev beyond 10k RPM is also amazing in the Honda realm. You're right though, with 8k you can get a 250whp NA H22..... and or be stuck with a K20A2 in a prelude with about 180whp....which can then have bolts ons for around 1800 dollars and match your 250whp

It's more then a 6speed swap.....

You have lots to learn.......

#25 ·
since when does how good a motor looks have a role in building a fast car?

250-300whp is definitely attainable with bolt-ons.
you should probably look around before you say other wise ;)

as for the "this is my first time seeing a k20 in a 5th gen..." statement?
what rock have you been hiding under?

a k20 in a 3rd gen has been done, and based on the lean of the motor, won't work. change the hoodline and gain some clearance with the motor and you may be ok...
no one has straight info from the guy who did it though...

so it's been in a running 5th gen. 4th gen should be a no-brainer.
3rd gen is a pipe dream until proven otherwise

#27 ·
since when does how good a motor looks have a role in building a fast car?

250-300whp is definitely attainable with bolt-ons.
you should probably look around before you say other wise ;)

as for the "this is my first time seeing a k20 in a 5th gen..." statement?
what rock have you been hiding under?

a k20 in a 3rd gen has been done, and based on the lean of the motor, won't work. change the hoodline and gain some clearance with the motor and you may be ok...
no one has straight info from the guy who did it though...

so it's been in a running 5th gen. 4th gen should be a no-brainer.
3rd gen is a pipe dream until proven otherwise
geezz that hurts..i guess its common for 5th gens to have k20s ..:roll:

#28 ·
i would think that anyone who pays attention to the 5th gen forum would know, wouldn't they?

it's been around for long enough...
no?

like i said, crawl out from under the rock you've been hiding under...

sheesh.

#30 ·
i would think that anyone who pays attention to the 5th gen forum would know, wouldn't they?

it's been around for long enough...
no?

like i said, crawl out from under the rock you've been hiding under...

sheesh.
well, i have owned a 3rd gen longer than a 5th gen.. sorry for not having your free time to roam on all the forums daily:pcguru:

#38 ·
Engine: K20A2 Standard internals

Manifold: DC Sport 4-2-1 Race Manifold (Decat)

Cams: Standard K20A2

Intake: Standard K20A2 manifold with AEM CAI

Exhaust: Supersprint Unsilenced 65mm ID B-pipe - Magnex Twin 3" Backbox

Tranny: Standard CTR 6MT

Misc Mods: Hondata KPRO

Track info: 2.4s 60ft - 14.51 ET @ 98.88. Full tank of petrol, Full interior, 215/40/17 Toyo T1-R's at standard road pressures. Driven 3 hours to the track, raced, driven 3 hours home. Daily driver.

Dyno: TDI North, Warrington, England. 237bhp 176.5 lb/ft
heres one of many.

#37 ·
My brother in law's buddy has an RSX Type-S with a K24 swap. It's actually a K24 block from an Accord/CRV/Element with a K20 head. His only mods are I/H/E, stage 2 clutch and 8lb flywheel and he's making 217whp and 175wtq tuned on K-pro. That's pretty impressive. It'd take a whole hell of a lot more than that to put 217hp to the ground with an H22.

#41 ·
#42 ·
when you show me an h22 that makes 220whp and 180lbs of tq like 70% of those cars with only mild mods then maybe i will consider some of your statements valid. k series > h,b,d,f series motors. none of those motors respond anywhere near as well to mods as the k series. k24/20a2 motors with turbo are making 700hp likes its nothing. they are far superior motors.

#43 · (Edited)
when you show me an h22 that makes 220whp and 180lbs of tq like 70% of those cars with only mild mods then maybe i will consider some of your statements valid.
What statements, exactly?

edit:
they are far superior motors.
"far" might be taking things a little, (heh), far, but this is also a "Duh" moment.

#50 ·
I agree with blue on this one. The k20's are great motors but to say you'll make 250whp with bolt on's is ubsurd.

I believe someone said they know someone with a k24 block, k20 head and bolt on's only making 217whp. Which further proves my point. I've also seen dyno's of H22's with just bolt on's making 205ish whp. For a REAL comparison.

And dyno numbers don't mean ****. They vary to much from dyno to dyno, the torque curve is what really matters.

The H22 was designed like 17 years ago so yes the k series is better in the end.

#51 ·
If you go to honda-tech or k20.org you can see dyno charts from peoples motors and there has been 1 or 2 that have got around 250 whp with just I/H/E and kpro. but most read around 215 to low 230 hp majority of the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.