Honda Prelude Forum banner

replacing oil pan gasket??

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
wsup does anybody know any place that replaces oil pan gasket? thanks!

#4 ·
take it to a muffler shop and get them to replace all of the bolts with new ones. after that they're easy to take off and it doesnt cost much at all to have that done.

#6 ·
According to the boneheads @ Honda when I had to get my "oil gasket" replaced, they said that the lude doesn't come with a gasket. So they used what they called "Hondabond" in place of the gasket. So far, I haven't noticed any leaks, but I feel they took the cheaper route since I'm under warranty.

If there is a gasket for the lude let me know

#8 ·
DNYLude said:
According to the boneheads @ Honda when I had to get my "oil gasket" replaced, they said that the lude doesn't come with a gasket. So they used what they called "Hondabond" in place of the gasket. So far, I haven't noticed any leaks, but I feel they took the cheaper route since I'm under warranty.

These guys did a good job then.. Hondabond Is probally the BEST sealer you can get, infact its expensive...

I just double checked, to verify, Honda has a rubber lip under the crankshaft thats made of a gasket, and Hondabond is used arround the rest of the pan.

Im gonna use it on my integra, infact im gonna make a special trip just to get it over silicone.

Dont worry about it man, if it seals, they did it right, Hondabond is good stuff.

#9 ·
Vtecluder97 said:
DNYLude said:

These guys did a good job then.. Hondabond Is probally the BEST sealer you can get, infact its expensive...

I just double checked, to verify, Honda has a rubber lip under the crankshaft thats made of a gasket, and Hondabond is used arround the rest of the pan.

Im gonna use it on my integra, infact im gonna make a special trip just to get it over silicone.

Dont worry about it man, if it seals, they did it right, Hondabond is good stuff.

Good. I was just left under the impression from my father that it(HondaBond) wasn't as good as a rubber gasket.

But hey you are a certified mechanic n he (my pops) isn't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.