Honda Prelude Forum banner

muffler silencer stuck!!

5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  _interLude_ 
#1 ·
okay i got my catback put on yesterday with megan gt muffler and it sounds great but its too quiet. i unbolted the silencer and trued to pull it out with all sorts of tools. I WANT THIS THING OFF can someone please give me a tip how to get the damn thing out. i pulled so hard it felt like i was oging to break the welds. please help

#7 ·
spray some pb blaster or wd40 on the silencer ring on the edge of the muffler, let it sit for awhile,,,,, then yank it out

also when the muffler is hot the silencers come out better,,, heat and cold expands and contracts,,,,,

also grind some of the material off the silencer that way it goes on easier and comes off easier!!!

done deal!

#8 ·
what the problem probally is, is where the bolt was to hold silencer in, the metal bends and holds it in place try spinning it as well as pulling it. if u know ur not gonna want it in there ever again u can take a screwdriver and bend the bottom of silencer where the screw was holding it in

#9 ·
i got it off just a few minutes ago. i soaked it with dw40 as mentioned above. then i sat and put both feet on the tip. and pulled till it slid out. that thing was in there good... damn.. sounds great though its a loud powerful tone. almost too loud... hope i dont get pulled over. thx for the help guys

#11 ·
a little off topic but i didnt think it was worth making another thread.

since installing the exhaust and removing the cat. i can smell the exhaust alot. thats probably bad for me right? its jdm h22a engine too. gah. i was siting at a stop light wondering.... am i going to die..?

#12 ·
a little off topic but i didnt think it was worth making another thread.

since installing the exhaust and removing the cat. i can smell the exhaust alot. thats probably bad for me right? its jdm h22a engine too. gah. i was siting at a stop light wondering.... am i going to die..?
no your not gonna die. its normal to smell fumes i think. i do..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.