Honda Prelude Forum banner

Mercedes Blue Tinted Glass...

11K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Hookid 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I have 20% tints all around on my black Prelude and have had them for many yrs, but I'm getting bored of em. I'm just waiting for the day I get pulled over too, so I was thinkin bout changing the tint over to something that mimics the light blue tint of new Mercedes Benz cars. I'm pretty sure the MB tint is embedded into the glass itself, but there has gotta be a tint made that can mimic that look. Anyone ever see this on a Prelude or anything other than a benz? It gives off really clean, rich look...

#3 ·
Hey guys. I have 20% tints all around on my black Prelude and have had them for many yrs, but I'm getting bored of em. I'm just waiting for the day I get pulled over too, so I was thinkin bout changing the tint over to something that mimics the light blue tint of new Mercedes Benz cars. I'm pretty sure the MB tint is embedded into the glass itself, but there has gotta be a tint made that can mimic that look. Anyone ever see this on a Prelude or anything other than a benz? It gives off really clean, rich look...
If urve had it for years, then dont wry about getting stopped by the cops... ur the lucky few..

Ive got sttopped for tints once... and i had 5%

#5 ·
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/members-rides/501948-so-clean-youd-think-im-ridin-dirteh.html

my friend Tom did the 3M crystallin blue tint on his M3, its pretty awesome

TheTizom said:
68% Visible Light Transmitted
50% Total Solar Energy Rejected
59% On Angle
97% Infrared Rejected
38% Solar Heat Reduction
9% Visible Light Reflection Int.
9% Visible Light Reflection Ext.
99.9% UV Rejected
23% Glare Reduction
Reflects more heat than many of the darkest tints available
Metal-free design with no electronic interference
99.9% UV protection (SPF 1700+)
3M Worldwide: Scotchgard Automotive Protection: Auto Dealerships: Products: Window Film: 3M™ Crystalline Window Films
i have mine dark because i don't like people seeing inside, and i have them down when i drive all the time, but if yours were up all the time, this would be the way to go. there is also some decent info in the thread, but actually come to think of it i don't think you can see it unless you're logged in

#8 ·
I personally see that tinting your windows that is 50% or lighter is a waste of money, it doesnt do anything for the windows. I dont know thats just how I see it but I'm sure it will look okay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.