Honda Prelude Forum banner

Official HyTech replica H22 Tri-Y header Group Buy!!

135K views 588 replies 233 participants last post by  subliminalitr 
#1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: I am selling these headers out-right. This is no longer a group buy. Everyone gets the same price.

If you want the price, send me a PM. If you want the price, send me a PM.

If you do not have enough posts to send me a PM, just email me.

kronn_eddie@hotmail.com

Do not post in this thread "What's the price?". You'll just annoy me.
Do not post in this thread "How much shipped to XXXXX?". The shipping is the same for everyone in the contiguous US, and you should be sending a PM anyway.
Do not send me a PM composed in rap lyric form. I don't make any money from selling these, so I have no problem refusing business to anyone.

To save time:
This header is A/C and P/S friendly.
This header is SH friendly (see my name?)
This header is 4G friendly (read here: http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308977)
This header is NOT an OEM replacement. This is a performance piece. You should have or be installing an aftermarket exhaust. Some welding will be required.
Look at the pictures and dyno.
If you have any questions not already answered, send me a PM. I don't check this thread very often.

Now, here are some pictures of the header before & after installation.

^^^Picture of the crossmember notch taken from above. Unfortunately, the shop doing the install was clueless as to how to install this header. Otherwise, that notch would not exist.

^^^ Idea of the ground clearance (ignore the shitty welding job, it has nothing to do with the header). My car is lowered about 1.5 inches.

Here are the results of this header.
Car: Mine, duh
Mods: eBay CAI w/ K&N, Carsound universal high-flow cat, custom 2.5" crush-bent exhaust, OBX muffler (2.5" In/Dual 3.0" Out)
Temp: 66ºF
Hum: 6%

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
I'm not sure how you would damage it. Most all fart cans sit lower than this header. Also, the only low point is directly between the front wheels, so there's absolutely no reason to worry about speed bumps or anything else you might run over with both front wheels at the same time. Lastly, I intend on cutting this header right at the beginning of the collector to put a small upward angle to it. That will make it about 1in closer to the oil pan.

Wouldn't you have to be converted to OBD1 to get any real gains from bolt ons?
Did you look at the dyno? 11whp untuned on stock motor.

h23bb2 said:
but no back to back dynos vs any other header.
My dyno is a back-to-back vs the stock header/downpipe.

i would be interested but for the install... it looks complicated like not that header installation is complicated but ugh....This one is confusing i dont feel like welding all that crap etc... looks "Cherry Rigged"
The install isn't complicated unless you make the same mistake I did. Going to a shop full of retards is a bad idea. Get the header installed at a muffler shop. The caption specifically states to ignore the shitty welding job. And the term is "Jerry-rigged".

#9 ·
I thought the original thread in the general section was still going? Anyway, here's a write up on it that I did. If you go through the thread you'll find several other dynos each showing that awesome power can be made with it, but no back to back dynos vs any other header.
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308977

#18 · (Edited)
I know it will range from region to region... but what's a decent estimate for a shop to charge you to install this guy, and perform the 'angle' upwards that you talked about, Kronn.

Also, any benefit on a stock exhaust system or would that need to be upgraded as well?
Whatever your local muffler shop charges for 1 hour of work. I was quoted about $75. Sadly, it took them 4 hours to install my header. Yes, they were that retarded.

Installing this onto a stock exhaust system is a real waste. First, the collector on this header is 2.5". Your stock piping is only 2.0". So you'd have a bottleneck, which is bad.

if there is a way to make it sit up closer to the oil pan then im in, So your saying your going to cut it?
Read it again.

A shop here in Cali quoted me roughly $125-150, which consisted of:

1. Pulling the old header
2. Assembling and Installing Tri-Y
3. Noching cross member
4. Welding two flanges onto another piece of 2.5" piping(Roughly 12" long) Connecting
Collector to the cat.
5. Welding a flex pipe
6. Installing another O2 bung since h23bb2 stated in his thread that the current one
welded on may brake by hitting that one piece.

That's the only reason i Haven't had mine installed yet, its just sitting in my closet.
That quote would be accurate for the items mentioned, but some of that is unneeded.
1. yes - 10 minutes
2. yes - 20 minutes
3. not required if installed properly
4. not required, this is where the flex pipe goes (I didn't add flex pipe to cost because I assume you know that you already need one and already purchased it online). Welding - 15 minutes.
5. already covered
6. only applies to 4th gen ludes.
7. making sure they didn't mess anything up - 15 minutes.

#17 · (Edited)
A shop here in Cali quoted me roughly $125-150, which consisted of:

1. Pulling the old header
2. Assembling and Installing Tri-Y
3. Noching cross member
4. Welding two flanges onto another piece of 2.5" piping(Roughly 12" long) Connecting
Collector to the cat.
5. Welding a flex pipe
6. Installing another O2 bung since h23bb2 stated in his thread that the current one
welded on may brake by hitting that one piece.

That's the only reason i Haven't had mine installed yet, its just sitting in my closet.

#20 ·
Yeah sorry i should have clarified that. The flex pipe is for the extension pipe with the two flanges. I do have a 4th gen so I would need to re-locate the O2 bung to aviod hitting the sub-frame, and I'm pretty sure that if h23bb2 had noche his cross member on his 4th gen I will more than likely have to as well.

All parts/labor would be supplied by the shop.

#23 ·
You know I wouldn't push a bunk part onto anyone.

doesnt come wit a flex pipe then fuck that.........
lol and i still believe its cherry rigging.... lols
First, as I already stated, this header is definitely not for the stock lude. That said, you should already have a flex pipe on your 2.5" or 3.0" exhaust. If you do not, they can be obtained on ebay for $10. That shouldn't be a deal breaker.

h23bb2 said:
blah blah blah
Lastly, I just wanted to point out that this man is a liar. His name clearly indicates that he has an H23 motor, but if he's using this header, he must have swapped or purchased a different 4th gen. That's false advertising and I'm so offended I might just sue. And he's a dyno-thief. :)

#25 ·
Nearly all headers found on ebay are oem replacements with no gains over stock. This header gained 11whp untuned over stock. So the difference would be 11.

#28 ·
#29 ·
I Don't know how much the OP is getting them, but since he said he can't post it, you should just PM him.

Just for reference though I bought mine for 350 shipped through the previous Group buy organized by DJHookid

edit damn it beat me to it.

#35 ·
Lol way off on the number. Its more like 15.xxx (closer to 16 than 15lbs) lbs taken off is equivalent to adding one whp. Key word equivalent. Your not really adding any whp. Ive taken off 138lbs which is equivalent to adding a little more than 8.625whp. Its just the proportions of the numbers

#36 ·
Getting a little off-topic, not that I really care. But to try and steer it back into the correct direction: Buy this header. You won't regret it.

An additional piece of information some people might be interested in:
My previous setup was stock header w/ ghetto 2.5" collector mod ~> 2.5" highflow cat ~> 2.5"x18" resonator ~> 2.5" custom crush-bent piping ~> 2.5" straight-through oval muffler w/ dual 3.0" outs.
After installing this header and changing absolutely nothing else, my exhaust tone dropped about 10dB. So for you guys that think your shit is a little too loud, forget adding a second resonator, just buy this header. :)

#38 ·
With my setup, it most certainly did. I don't notice a difference in pitch, but volume is definitely lower. Cruising at 80mph on the highway with the radio off isn't so mind-numbing anymore. Others with this header have reported the same thing. So I'm not alone.

#45 ·
Basically, but it doesn't require a lot of modification. Like you said, it's just about what it takes to make it fit up to your existing exhaust. That will vary, of course.

I need more definite interests. Who wants to be the next name on the list?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.