Honda Prelude Forum banner

Motor mounts??

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  88SE Lude 
#1 ·
Okay so i searched the site and all over the internet, Couldnt find the answer.
(besides that there is a difference Between passenger side Cradle on the 88-89 and the 90-91)

I go to put my engine in today and the rear motor mount will not fit i think i might have the wrong one? The mount seems too wide.

Is there a difference between the A/T M/T Rear mounts?

And can someone point me in the direction of the correct one, I have a B20a5 M/T. (part number?)

Frustrated so any help would be appreciated.

#4 ·
It has been a while since I've looked in the manual, but since the rear mount bolts to the transmission as well as the engine, I do believe that they are different.

#5 ·
Yes, they are definitely different. You may be able to use one from the AT if you also grab the bracket but I'm not sure if it would work. You're better off just getting the right mount.

I noticed that Honda doesn't carry them anymore for the MT. I guess I'll be using the one I filled with 3M window weld when I have to replace mine.

#6 ·
By just a bit too wide do you mean like they screwed up the mount measurements when they made it, coupled with the pinch factor of being installed you might need to shave a bit off the mount?

#7 ·
Ya thats what my plan ended up being im gonna shave a lil bit off of the mount and see if it fits then, The metal sleeve that goes through the middle is like a 1/4 inch too wide so im going to take an 1/8th inch off of both sides and see how that works out.

#8 ·
I've done that before on cars. Should be fine. Its easy enough anyways. And with the rear mount its not likely you are going to screw up axle alignment with it

#10 ·
I ran into this problem, but I was using the exact same mount that I pulled off. Turns out someone before me replaced that mount.

Solution: Rotary tool with carbide bit. I just carved out the holes on the mount to make them oval. Actually, I think one hole was like 5mm off and another was 2mm off.

#11 ·
I ran into this problem, but I was using the exact same mount that I pulled off. Turns out someone before me replaced that mount.

Solution: Rotary tool with carbide bit. I just carved out the holes on the mount to make them oval. Actually, I think one hole was like 5mm off and another was 2mm off.
Thanks trip and everbody else i had the mount holes fixed used above solution ^^^^. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.