Honda Prelude Forum banner

JDM B20a Specs?

10K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  10k_pos 
#1 ·
What are the specs for the JDM B20a5 and B20a1?

Oh, and one more thing...are there still turbo kits available for our ludes? LudeSpeed used to make them, but they've discontinued their production.

: [.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
B20A (JDM)

Displacement: 1958cc
Bore & Stroke (mm): 81.0 x 95.0
Oil capacity: 4.8L
Horsepower: 143
Torque: 131.27
Compression Ratio: 9.4:1
I'm pretty sure these are them, but don't physically assault me if they aren't.

#5 ·
impossiable...teh b21 has an 83 mm bore and a 93mm stroke and tis a 2.1L same compression...that cant addup

#8 ·
That's the HP output in full JDM Dress. Don't forget emissions and stuff are different over there.

I think that only using the long block from the JDM and everything else from the stock setup (this is a typical technique/process for swapping JDM engines), the power would be about 137hp and the torque would be in between too.

It makes sense since it has the same compression as the B21 but less bore (so it would be slightly less power than the B21) and higher compression but the same bore as the B20 (so it would be slightly more powerful than it).

Comments/questions/flames? :roll: That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

#11 · (Edited)
wow reviving a 9 yr old thread... the JDM B20A has 137hp.

there is a B20A7 in Europe that has 150hp though. but since it's europe it's not "JDM"

now there are multiple JDM B20A engines. the one most of us refer to is the similar one to the B20A5. but there is a B20A3 version and a B20A1 version (2nd gen). of course since it's JDM it doesn't have a number after the A.

#12 ·
This Rona is looking more like a troll every time he posts :rolleyes:

Maybe he has a quest to revive as many very old threads as he possibly can.
He's doing pretty well so far.

When can we expect him o post in a thread that is actually relevant or up to date I wonder................

#17 ·
Yea it can be made to fit like any other motor. I see 3 options.
1 have mounts made. And run with no hood or custom hood
2 have mounts made. Tilt it back like 3rd gen motor maybe cut some subframe out. Risk damage to the motor as it sits unnaturally.
3 have mounts made. Position motor lower, might have axel alignment issues maybe cut some subframe out. Header downpipe or oilpan dragging problems.
Of course all just probables as I've never tried.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#16 ·
Noob alert ! ^^^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.