Honda Prelude Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What does SI mean?

13K views 85 replies 57 participants last post by  Import_Tuna 
#1 ·
I might sound like a dumb ass but I just don't know. What does SI mean? Scientific Injection? Sports Illustrated?

#4 ·
ahh
I just knew it was better than the prelude S...Si, never really thought it stood for anything
I know on talons, like the TSi...turboSi
koo
learn somethin new everyday

#6 ·
Remember in like '85-86 (When the 2nd gen fuel-injected model first came out) fuel-injection was fairly new and they wanted to make up a cool name, So they decided to call it Sport-Injection.

Notice how they also call ABS, ALB?

#8 ·
MustardCat said:
Remember in like '85-86 (When the 2nd gen fuel-injected model first came out) fuel-injection was fairly new and they wanted to make up a cool name, So they decided to call it Sport-Injection.

Notice how they also call ABS, ALB?
Ahh, ok, so it was a new technology when they named it that, that makes sense.

#10 ·
SR stands for Speed Racer.

that acronym finder website kicks ass, you can find out what everything means. TSI = Turbo Sport Injection, GSX = dunno, LX = luxury... etc. (et cetera - and so forth, lol) I know this may sound stupid but I have ALWAYS wanted to know what I.E. stood for, i knew how to use it, but never really knew what exactly the "I" and the "E" meant. Man i feel so much smarter.

#12 ·
dano said:
The first Jaguars were called Jaguar SS. The SS stood for Swallow Sidecar.

The First Jags were built by a company that made motorcycle sidecars !!
They actually don't know what the SS stands for. They only know that the company who funded Jag or whatever (started it maybe) was the Swallow Sidecar Company who made sidecars (duh) for cycles I believe.

GSX Gran Sport Extra (Buick Skylark)

Hehehe.

#17 ·
LX = luxury... etc. ???

I dunno about that one. LX accords aren't luxury :)

Well what does EX stand for...what about DX?? Huh Huh Huh!

#19 ·
actually ie is latin for 'id est' which means 'that is'
pwned

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.