Not open for further replies.

Best coilovers for prelude?

62K views 74 replies 38 participants last post by  nordicBBsex 
#1 ·
What are the best hands down coilovers for preludes

#19 ·
I've got them... they work fine for me.

same here i have them also on tokiko shocks

they are great they are stiff but when you hit a bump they dont hit toooo hard like other suspensions

#22 ·
same here i have them also on tokiko shocks

they are great they are stiff but when you hit a bump they dont hit toooo hard like other suspensions
Yep, quite stiff lol. But i like that feeling.. not sure why. Im still rockin' the stock struts though. I think one of them is blown, ill be buying new struts soon, probably toxico blues

#5 ·
ive run many setups....kyb agx/rsr springs, function and form, megan racing, and now STD Standard S5's....and my fave has got to be between the megan racing and STD's....Buddy Club race spec are pretty baller also!

but if you wanna know whats the BEST hands down, then we can start to get technical and talk about Moton Suspension at like 4000$

#11 ·
When i had my old prelude I had Vision Full Coilovers. It handled like a dream. The only thing was, it is bouncy as hell. But you learn to live with it after a while.

#21 ·
d2 coilovers

I have D2 RS coilovers which i had bought for a little under $900 shipped.
They come with a spring rate of F 12kg R 9kg, but i wanted the ride to be as least bouncy as possible, so i got the available custom spring rates of F 9kg R 5kg. The ride isnt too bad considering that i have them lowered all the way in front, also on fully stiffened damper settings(36 way dampner and rebound adjustable btw). I probably would have ben happy with the "off the shelf" spring rates also but im satisfied with them so far. My car handles much more responsive now than with the stock sh suspension.

#62 ·
yeah im debating either function form, d2 racing, ksport..so basically all full coilover systems are stiff?
i daily drive mine..and im just in need of new suspension period. its on cut springs and blown shocks..rides like shit.
what would be good for daily driving/racing?

#40 ·
bingo bango bob's your uncle.

I too firmly believe in these three, GC/Koni or HA or Flex. In that order too.

but in all reality most people, myself included, wouldn't be able to tell or appreciate the difference between those coilovers and the k2's or ff or d2 and whatever else have you. only a hand full of people can really tell the difference and i believe they would only recommend the same as blake has.

and anyone else who rides on gc/koni would definitely agree.

#55 ·
Im debating also, my Sh has a bad camber. i took it in today and the front was off reall bad by 2 degrees i think. anyways Im looking into some Spc's. also picking up some megan coilovers! i heared also that FF type one are also a nice fit. the fact of the matter is you got guys at an allignment shop saying u need camber kits, and u got fools on here telling us that its bad to put them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.